Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Warbow

Wyoming transfers

Recommended Posts

LARAMIE — Three University of Wyoming football players announced via Twitter that they plan to transfer.

Redshirt freshmen Reow Jackson and DeVaughn Brown, and sophomore Jalani Ellison posted that they have entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

umm, coincidence. What do all 3 have in common?

how many is that now like 7 total?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Warbow said:

LARAMIE — Three University of Wyoming football players announced via Twitter that they plan to transfer.

Redshirt freshmen Reow Jackson and DeVaughn Brown, and sophomore Jalani Ellison posted that they have entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

umm, coincidence. What do all 3 have in common?

how many is that now like 7 total?

All 3 have seen the desolation and desperation that is Laramie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Warbow said:

LARAMIE — Three University of Wyoming football players announced via Twitter that they plan to transfer.

Redshirt freshmen Reow Jackson and DeVaughn Brown, and sophomore Jalani Ellison posted that they have entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

umm, coincidence. What do all 3 have in common?

how many is that now like 7 total?

They were all buried on the depth chart and unlikely to ever play?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tspoke said:

They were all buried on the depth chart and unlikely to ever play?

Most G5 redshirt fresh aren’t even on the depth chart, at that stage.  If they were Juniors, then your point makes sense.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, tspoke said:

They were all buried on the depth chart and unlikely to ever play?

Freshman? Lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling that they got in some trouble and were given the option to transfer rather than be dismissed.  All three had the same basic thank you Wyoming letter on twitter within an hour of each other.  And Reow Jackson was expected to be in the mix next year at RB - so I wouldn't say it is a depth thing.  

With this timing they will be very lucky to get with a FBS team.  Probably will have to go the FCS route and may have trouble finding a scholarship there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, No_dogs_down said:

Most G5 redshirt fresh aren’t even on the depth chart, at that stage.  If they were Juniors, then your point makes sense.  

 

27 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Freshman? Lol. 

Well considering the starting RB is a SO with 4 or 5 talented freshman running backs coming in this year. So he may have seen the writing on the wall. Anyway, one pposition I'm not worried about is RB we recruit them just fine. The other positions (CB, DE) the depth chart behind the starters is filled with rFR and So so again they weren't able to crack into it against underclassmen.

 

31 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I get the feeling that they got in some trouble and were given the option to transfer rather than be dismissed.  All three had the same basic thank you Wyoming letter on twitter within an hour of each other.  And Reow Jackson was expected to be in the mix next year at RB - so I wouldn't say it is a depth thing.  

With this timing they will be very lucky to get with a FBS team.  Probably will have to go the FCS route and may have trouble finding a scholarship there as well.

Its possible I have no idea. But as this isn't any major loss. I am not worried about our RB situation and the others weren't the best at their positions in their classes so I'm not worried about replacing them.

I am curious what the point of this thread is though? Aren't transfers the new normal in college football. I don't see this as a unique situation at Wyoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Warbow said:

LARAMIE — Three University of Wyoming football players announced via Twitter that they plan to transfer.

Redshirt freshmen Reow Jackson and DeVaughn Brown, and sophomore Jalani Ellison posted that they have entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

umm, coincidence. What do all 3 have in common?

how many is that now like 7 total?

They are all freshmen, male, black, 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc..

 

And I heard they got kicked off the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob said:

They are all freshmen, male, black, 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc..

 

And I heard they got kicked off the team

Why you gotta use the race card? Just because 6 of the 7 Wyoming transfers are black doesn’t mean Bohl has race issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, madmartigan said:

All 3 have seen the desolation and desperation that is Laramie. 

To think that a #SuperiorLifestyle is a mere 70 miles away.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

To think that a #SuperiorLifestyle is a mere 70 miles away.

I swear it starts to get pretty as soon as you cross the border into CO. It's uncanny. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I swear it starts to get pretty as soon as you cross the border into CO. It's uncanny. 

So true.

Here's a photo of Tie Siding, WY,  a town 8 miles north of the border and a photo of Virginia Dale, CO, 4 miles south of the border.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, way to spin it with pictures at different times of the year and one being off the road and one on. I made that drive yesterday. Green all the way up with clear skies. Absolutely beautiful drive the whole way! If anyone hasn't made the trek up 287 from FoCo to Laramie in the late spring/early summer do yourselves a favor and do it. One of the most scenic drives in the area, in my opinion.

For reference, here's the view facing west from 287 at Virginia Dale

1d3bdc3300dd.png

And the view facing west from Tie Siding

29546517639c.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I swear it starts to get pretty as soon as you cross the border into CO. It's uncanny. 

This is straight fact. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WYO1016 said:

I mean, way to spin it with pictures at different times of the year and one being off the road and one on. I made that drive yesterday. Green all the way up with clear skies. Absolutely beautiful drive the whole way! If anyone hasn't made the trek up 287 from FoCo to Laramie in the late spring/early summer do yourselves a favor and do it. One of the most scenic drives in the area, in my opinion.

For reference, here's the view facing west from 287 at Virginia Dale

1d3bdc3300dd.png

And the view facing west from Tie Siding

29546517639c.png

So you'd choose to live in Tie Siding over Virginia Dale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

So you'd choose to live in Tie Siding over Virginia Dale?

Definitely. They're both beautiful, but I wouldn't have to pay state income tax in Tie Siding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

So true.

Here's a photo of Tie Siding, WY,  a town 8 miles north of the border and a photo of Virginia Dale, CO, 4 miles south of the border.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

I like to go up here, a short 18 miles east of Laramie, in Wyoming, and think about how much fun it is to win in your brand new stadium.

Image result for colorado license plates vedauwoo

  • Like 5
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

virginia-dale-colorado-the-virginia-dale

Virginia Dale looks great... yippee

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concede that Foco and much of CO was the #superiorlifestyle maybe in the 80s and 90s, but certainly not anymore. The weed boom has been disgusting. Trashy people from all around the country have moved there in addition to every asshole from CA & New England and now, bizarrely, Texas too. SSo +++++ing congested. Think of things that are fun to do in Colorado - go to the mountains, raft the Poudre, bike at horsetooth, go to Estes or RMNP, even skiing (even though it's not close). Now think of doing them shoulder to shoulder with hoards of other people. Fun! ..not. count me out. Ruined. Now think of a shitty house costing $500,000 and a decent house costing 700k to 1 million! Taxes and regulations are growing every year. Awesome! I almost feel sorry for you guys that think Wyoming sucks. You'll simply never know how great it is. You can keep your #inferiorlifestyle.

 

You're next, Utah. This is what you have to look forward to. Utah's outdoors already suck, because every person there thinks they are Davey Crockett and there are 10,000 boy scout troops everywhere at all times.

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×