Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Quinnipiac Poll: All Dem front runners lead Trump

A 5 point margin equates to an electoral college win for the Dems.  That Biden lead is a huge landslide win, it wouldn’t even be a competition.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Biden seems to be the only one that maybe pulls votes from Trump. Send like some Republicans will break ranks in that case. Not so much the other candidates.

This is pretty clear that only 42% of people are going to vote for Trump but they are dead enders who will vote for him no matter who runs.  It looks like there are probably at least 47% of people who will vote against Trump no matter what.

Trump is NOT going to get 75% of the remaining 11% of swing voters he needs to get to 50%. And 42%-47% spread is the MOST favorable spread for Trump.  He isn't going to get lucky again to face Clinton.  Half the respondents probably don't even know who Buttigieg and Booker are but they are voting for anyone who is NOT Trump.

I just worry that Biden is replaying the "not Trump" playbook that Hillary ran and I am not exactly sure what he will do for his platform.  He isn't going to excite a bunch of people as "status quo Joe" by just running a "not Trump" campaign.  I think the "not Trump" playbook may work better now that those whom he hoodwinked now see what a complete failure and disaster he has been. 

His approval rating by independents has consistently been in the 30-35% range.  Pathetic.  His HIGHEST approval rating ever is 46%.  Pathetic.  Obamas highest was 69%, Bushes 90%, Clinton's 73%, Reagan's 71%.

These numbers don't look good for the president of the electoral college

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Posted Image

What election did they cheat in? Maybe the Dems should run better candidates.

Voter ID, refusal to recognize election day as a holiday, refusal to allow motor-voter registration (where you're automatically registered with a driver's license), proposals to end early voting, purging voter rolls, bans on ex-cons voting, and bogus redistricting, etc. etc. etc.  

In 2016, we did run a better candidate.  Hillary won by 3 million votes.

Welcome to Earth.

Guest #1Stunner

The Democrats better get an African American on the ticket (preferably as the Presidential candidate....but I suppose VP would be OK), otherwise they won't win.

Black voters sit home and don't participate when it is an all white Democratic ticket.

FT_17.05.10_Voter-turnout.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/12/black-voter-turnout-fell-in-2016-even-as-a-record-number-of-americans-cast-ballots/

Guest #1Stunner

Can the Democrats win Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania?

There are a lot of Rednecks (Republicans) in those states, and not enough Latino voters to change the tide in favor of Democrats.

I think that is the big question.   Can any Democrat win those three States?

13 minutes ago, Orange said:

Voter ID, refusal to recognize election day as a holiday, refusal to allow motor-voter registration (where you're automatically registered with a driver's license), proposals to end early voting, purging voter rolls, bans on ex-cons voting, and bogus redistricting, etc. etc. etc.  

Welcome to Earth.

Obviously, she wasn't the best candidate. She lost the Electoral College, which is all that counts...unless you're now saying the EC is "cheating"...which is pure hilarity.

Those policies you speak of were in place pre-2016, yet, it didn't seem to hurt Obummer in 2008 or 2012...yet, I still see how those are "cheating". 

2004 your team lost. 2000, your team lost...both times where a better candidate would have beaten W. In 2008 and 2012, the GOP ran two losers, and they wound up getting trounced. 

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Can the Democrats win Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania?

There are a lot of Rednecks (Republicans) in those states, and not enough Latino voters to change the tide in favor of Democrats.

I think that is the big question.   Can any Democrat win those three States?

Not a coastal candidate. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Not a coastal candidate. 

I think you are probably right.

Honestly, I think as we approach the election, we are going to see Trump start making more appearances on WWE.   It's a brilliant move.

Whenever he goes on WWE, he riles up the rednecks, and builds his support.  And like I said, winning the Redneck vote in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio is crucial.   

The only Democrat running right now that carries any weight with the Rednecks is Joe Biden.   If the Democrats can't run a Redneck candidate, then they better get a black candidate----it's their only chance.

16 minutes ago, Orange said:

Welcome to Earth.

How is refusal to allow Election Day to be a national holiday, not being for automatic voter registration, bans on ex-cons voting and redistricting examples of cheating? 

I mean we’ve never had Election Day be a national holiday, voter registration should be voluntary.  But if we’re going to make it mandatory based on DMV registration, why can’t we then include voter ID?  If we’re going to automatically register people to vote who register their cars/get drivers licenses they’ll have IDs already.  Ex-cons not voting isn’t only a GOP thing.  It’s only recently become an issue for Dems. And gerrymandering is a bipartisan issue.  If you don’t believe me just look at Maryland’s or New Mexico’s districts.   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, #1Stunner said:

I think you are probably right.

Honestly, I think as we approach the election, we are going to see Trump start making more appearances on WWE.   It's a brilliant move.

Whenever he goes on WWE, he riles up the rednecks, and builds his support.  And like I said, winning the Redneck vote in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio is crucial.   The only Democrat running right now that carries any weight with the Rednecks is Joe Biden.   If the Democrats can't run a Redneck candidate, then they better get a black candidate----it's their only chance.

If they run Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren, or Bernie, they'll win big on the Corstal states and get trounced in the interior. But, the libs will cheer their flawed candidates on, all while calling anyone who criticizes them a pre-labeled name like "Bigot", "SeniorPhobe", "Misogynist", or "WHITE NAAAAATIONALIST (in billy goat groan)".

Biden stands a chance, but he'll never make it out of the primaries because the Dem electorate wants someone who doesn't fit that mold. Hickenlooper or Bullock are others that would stack decently...but those won't happen, either. 

No one loses elections like Democrats.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, 406WarriorFan said:

If they run Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren, or Bernie, they'll win big on the Corstal states and get trounced in the interior. But, the libs will cheer their flawed candidates on, all while calling anyone who criticizes them a pre-labeled name like "Bigot", "SeniorPhobe", "Misogynist", or "WHITE NAAAAATIONALIST (in billy goat groan)".

Biden stands a chance, but he'll never make it out of the primaries because the Dem electorate wants someone who doesn't fit that mold. Hickenlooper or Bullock are others that would stack decently...but those won't happen, either. 

That's a spot on analysis....for the liberal Haole candidates.  

But you haven't addressed the idea of the Democrats running a Black Candidate.... I don't think Kamala Harris or Corey Booker are "black cool enough".   What if that chick from Georgia runs?   I can see her getting the black vote out.   If she runs, I think she could beat Trump.

5 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

I actually think Harris could beat Trump. 

32 minutes ago, Orange said:

Welcome to Earth.

I live on Earth. Hillary lost. What planet do you live on? 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Lol. Trump will trounce whoever is brought before him. This "poll" is democrat wishful thinking

What about Stacey Abrams, though?

She is still considering running...

6f1fcd1e-71f8-4f85-95fd-3ab278aafc36_114