Jump to content
Nevada Convert

China’s Huge Advantage In a Naval Battle With the US.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

It is what it is and your brainwashed patriotism does not change the facts.

Nothing to do with "brainwashing". I've forgotten more about this subject that you'll ever know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Nothing to do with "brainwashing". I've forgotten more about this subject that you'll ever know.

Which is why you will tell me why I am wrong in your next post?

Oh wait..... you must have forgotten that right!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Tell me again what is the defense a carrier group has against a Russian Sub first strike with a nuclear torpedo?    What defense does that carrier group have against an airborne nuclear strike?

Why don't you give us that info?

I am waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Tell me again what is the defense a carrier group has against a Russian Sub first strike with a nuclear torpedo?    What defense does that carrier group have against an airborne nuclear s

Navies have developed sophisticated multi-layered missile-defense systems for their carriers, cruisers and destroyers: powerful radars to detect incoming threats, long-range missiles to shoot at them from far away, radar jamming and decoys to misdirect them, and short-range missiles and rapid-firing auto-cannons called Close-In Weapon Systems (CIWS) that automatically attempt to blast incoming warheads on their terminal approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Which is why you will tell me why I am wrong in your next post?

Oh wait..... you must have forgotten that right!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Tell me again what is the defense a carrier group has against a Russian Sub first strike with a nuclear torpedo?    What defense does that carrier group have against an airborne nuclear strike?

Why don't you give us that info?

I am waiting.

Just because YOU can't "see" a sub doesn't mean the Navy can't.

torpedoes are some of the easiest weapons to defend against. In the modern age, they're next to useless.

as to airborne, it depends on what  you're talking about but needless to say, people much smarter than you ( read: roughly 90% of the population) have been thinking about these things and devising systems and strategies to counter such attacks for a very long time

seriously, just sit this one out.

Have ever even seen the ocean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Navies have developed sophisticated multi-layered missile-defense systems for their carriers, cruisers and destroyers: powerful radars to detect incoming threats, long-range missiles to shoot at them from far away, radar jamming and decoys to misdirect them, and short-range missiles and rapid-firing auto-cannons called Close-In Weapon Systems (CIWS) that automatically attempt to blast incoming warheads on their terminal approach. 

No shit?

So again how does that defend against a first strike nuclear torpedo from point blank range?

Or 5 ICBM warheads that will blow up above the carrier group and doesn't need to even be close to kill the carrier group?   Which is targeted by satellites in space because accuracy is not an issue.

Or a mass missile strike from 500 miles away where any one missile that gets through destroys the carrier group.  You might kill 99% of them which is doubtful as no one has even approached 50% defended on missile attacks but it only takes one and the whole carrier group is dead.   It turns out we didn't destroy a single scud in the Iraq war.   The Israeli's are lucky to hit 35% of the glorified bottle rockets they are being attacked with.

 

This isn't WWII anymore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Just because YOU can't "see" a sub doesn't mean the Navy can't.

torpedoes are some of the easiest weapons to defend against. In the modern age, they're next to useless.

as to airborne, it depends on what  you're talking about but needless to say, people much smarter than you ( read: roughly 90% of the population) have been thinking about these things and devising systems and strategies to counter such attacks for a very long time

seriously, just sit this one out.

Have ever even seen the ocean?

Who cares if they can see the sub.   Everyone has known the subs are there for decades.  It is common knowledge at this point they follow our carrier groups all over the world.

It is a first strike, their is no defense unless you strike first, which even then might give them time to fire.

Try again.

You not only have forgot supposedly what I don't know, you forgot how to read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

There is a whole agency devoted to missile defense and most all of it is classified. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_Defense_Agency

 

Even the propaganda they put out doesn't include much of a success rate against ICBM's.  Even in a test where the defender knows the path of the ICBM and is ready and waiting before it is launched.   Not to mention there is no real world data.

None of that addresses the submarine first strike from under a carrier group with a torpedo of which unless you have a Star Track force field I don't know about means you are dead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then there’s this. China is putting out a shit ton of new gear, but the quality of that gear is suspect. Their knock off of our F-22 is a failure. Legacy air defense radars have no problem picking them up. There are a ton of other issues. I wish this article went into more detail but Jordan declined to address the problems. Likely due to security issues. 

https://apple.news/A6ZEVTfGKQn2VNWfmCzMZjQ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Nothing to do with "brainwashing". I've forgotten more about this subject that you'll ever know.

No use wasting your time with him. He tries sooo hard to make sure everyone knows that he’s the laughing stock of military wannabe analysts. There are a lot of scenarios where certain systems that you would assume could pick up the slack of a poor ships range might not be available at an instant that you need it. Also, different conflicts require measured responses to avoid full blown nuclear war. The bottom line is you have to have all the tools that your enemy has and more to ensure that a smart general can prevail every time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

No use wasting your time with him. He tries sooo hard to make sure everyone knows that he’s the laughing stock of military wannabe analysts. There are a lot of scenarios where certain systems that you would assume could pick up the slack of a poor ships range might not be available at an instant that you need it. Also, different conflicts require measured responses to avoid full blown nuclear war. The bottom line is you have to have all the tools that your enemy has and more to ensure that a smart general can prevail every time. 

We agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Then there’s this. China is putting out a shit ton of new gear, but the quality of that gear is suspect. Their knock off of our F-22 is a failure. Legacy air defense radars have no problem picking them up. There are a ton of other issues. I wish this article went into more detail but Jordan declined to address the problems. Likely due to security issues. 

https://apple.news/A6ZEVTfGKQn2VNWfmCzMZjQ

As we are  all aware; designing, building, testing, employing and sustaining these sophisticated systems is really hard. Training folks to operate them, providing the required support infrastructure, developing and training sophisticated support personnel, standing up a robust supply chain and developing the necessary doctrine to fully utilize what you've spent so much effort to build is a near impossibility without the 100 years of near continuous process development, refinement and employment only the US possesses.  There is no shortcut for that and you can't steal it.

Building something approximating an F22 is the easy part and they've phucked that up.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

As we are  all aware; designing, building, testing, employing and sustaining these sophisticated systems is really hard. Training folks to operate them, providing the required support infrastructure, developing and training sophisticated support personnel, standing up a robust supply chain and developing the necessary doctrine to fully utilize what you've spent so much effort to build is a near impossibility without the 100 years of near continuous process development, refinement and employment only the US possesses.  There is no shortcut for that and you can't steal it.

Building something approximating an F22 is the easy part and they've phucked that up.

That is exactly what people like blues fail to understand. The people comprising our armed forces are the smartest, most educated people we have ever had in uniform. Our MOS schools are second to none. I would put our technical MOS schools up against the best civilian tech schools in the country. They put out a better prepared product faster than their civilian peers. Our maintenance practices can’t be matched by anyone in the civilian sector, much less China and Russia. Training is another area where we blow everyone else out of the water. The Chinese and Russians are not our peers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sean327 said:

Then there’s this. China is putting out a shit ton of new gear, but the quality of that gear is suspect. Their knock off of our F-22 is a failure. Legacy air defense radars have no problem picking them up. There are a ton of other issues. I wish this article went into more detail but Jordan declined to address the problems. Likely due to security issues. 

https://apple.news/A6ZEVTfGKQn2VNWfmCzMZjQ

You know what’s scary is how advanced some of the designs the Nazi’s came up with in their military. They had a jet powered stealth plane that not only was the first military to have jet engines, it was supposed to be stealthy. The design shape and surface material were decades ahead of their time. About 15 years ago IIRC, our stealth program  Skunk Works in Southern CA took one of the original German prototypes and set it up on their stealth wind tunnel facility that they use to design aircraft, and the result was that the plane was basically invisible to radar except around the canopy window area where the pilot gets in. It was still a very small radar signature that wouldn’t have been identified as a military aircraft on radar. But knowing those Nazi engineers, they probably would’ve had that solved in a year or two. If the war had been extended another year and they were able to come up with the hard water they needed to make a nuke, the whole world could be different right now. Stealth jets & nukes in 1946? Holy Crap. 

Compare that to China, and it is hilarious. For years they were experts at reverse engineering what others had created. Going into the serious design relm for them has been a monster step. But they’re getting better all the time. Knowing the Chinese, they probably sold off drones at every stage of the development process just to make money, even if the drones weren’t good enough to sell as a 1st version. So all these dummies around the world paid China to be guinea pigs and suckers in supporting their drone R&D program. I’m sure the drones China ends up using in their military will be fine. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Trade wars lead to....

Nuclear war, just like the ones Trump started with North Korea and Russia!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=7642189

I love leftist fear mongering...  :rolleyes:

  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Nuclear war, just like the ones Trump started with North Korea and Russia!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=7642189

I love leftist fear mongering...  :rolleyes:

The idea that trade wars lead to shooting wars is a truism that existed long before triggered memes and has never been a 'leftist' one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

The idea that trade wars lead to shooting wars is a truism that existed long before triggered memes and has never been a 'leftist' one.

I’m sure war with China is imminent - just like it was with North Korea and Russia.  The ridiculous insinuations you people constantly make are hilarious.  😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m sure war with China is imminent - just like it was with North Korea and Russia.  The ridiculous insinuations you people constantly make are hilarious.  😂 

I never thought Milton Friedman was particularly funny, but I'll take your word for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

We agree

You agree because you both are twins.  Neither of you can make a salient point that would show me to be wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×