Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV - UNR news

Thats really sad, I just saw his interview on NevadaSportsNet a few months ago. He seemed like a great guy, and I believe he was still working in the Nevada athletic department. 

Universally admired by the men he coached at every stop he made along the way. Real sad day for Boise, Nevada and UNLV fans. RIP Coach Brad

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

19 hours ago, bigd said:

Thats really sad, I just saw his interview on NevadaSportsNet a few months ago. He seemed like a great guy, and I believe he was still working in the Nevada athletic department. 

He was part of the administrative team who worked with the Block N society, working to keep alumni engaged with the program. Awesome human and loved by his players.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

This is really sad. He was getting close to retirement. He was a state of Nevada guy, and Boise too. 

When you get above 45 or so you really have to take care of yourself and have yourself checked out from time to time on conditions that run in your family such as types of cancer, heart disease, etc. You can live old and feel good most of the time if you watch yourself closely. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is really sad. He was getting close to retirement. He was a state of Nevada guy, and Boise too. 

When you get above 45 or so you really have to take care of yourself and have yourself checked out from time to time on conditions that run in your family such as types of cancer, heart disease, etc. You can live old and feel good most of the time if you watch yourself closely. 

Didn't know he was a former BSU player until I read the RGJ story today 

And as someone who's just a few months completed his 59th orbit of the sun, seeing these deaths at 60 and similar ages is not fun - At age 25, even 35 you can look out to 30+ years into the future......at my 59. I can't really do that anymore as the expected time frame one has left shrinks ........and it only gets shorter with each passing year - i.e. UNLV's national title was 29 years ago.......odds are I don't have another 29 years to see another one :oldman::(  But then again, the way college sports has gone to the have & have nots, the odds of a newborn seeing a UNLV BB national title are long odds :crying:

13 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Didn't know he was a former BSU player until I read the RGJ story today 

And as someone who's just a few months completed his 59th orbit of the sun, seeing these deaths at 60 and similar ages is not fun - At age 25, even 35 you can look out to 30+ years into the future......at my 59. I can't really do that anymore as the expected time frame one has left shrinks ........and it only gets shorter with each passing year - i.e. UNLV's national title was 29 years ago.......odds are I don't have another 29 years to see another one :oldman::(  But then again, the way college sports has gone to the have & have nots, the odds of a newborn seeing a UNLV BB national title are long odds :crying:

You could easily go for another 40 years. But if you want them to be good years with strong physical health, you’d have to start taking hormones and balance yourself out including taking recombinant growth hormone shots that are real. The spam ads and everyone under the sun claiming to sell rGH are usually just Arginine, Orinthine or L-Lysine that you can buy at Walmart. These can trigger your pituitary to make more GH, but only for a short time until your body quickly gets used to these amino acids. If you’re old, or have a damaged pituitary, these won’t help you even for a few weeks. 

Because my pituitary gland was blown out from Lyme, I have to take rGH shots, and then Testosterone shots. Pretty soon I’ll have to take a little thyroid. But if you keep your endocrine system balanced and at normal levels for a 25 years old, you should do really well. It’s like night and day if I stop taking them. If I stop, I’ll grow back grey hair. It’s really weird to see a long yanked out hair that’s half grey and half brown. It’ll have a rough spot on the hair where it instantly changes over to brown or goes back to grey. 

rGH won’t make all your grey go away if all your hair is gray, but it’ll reverse a decent amount. You can get it through an anti-aging doc which can be pricey, or go to an endocrinologist and have your insurance pay. That’s what I do. If it’s not covered in your prescription drug plan, it will be covered under ‘major medical’ and you’ll have to pay 20% on a 80/20 plan or 30% on a 70/30.

rGH is pricey, so you don’t want to pay the $400-$500 a month on it unless you make good coin. You’ll immediately sleep better, but it’ll take 4 to 6 months to really notice the increased muscle mass and other benefits. It really helps your heart a ton. I had my heart efficiency tested before I started and it was 50% like most people with a good heart. After a year on it, my heart efficiency rose to 80% which is almost unheard of. It also strengthens the artery and vein walls which get weak and break open when you’re old. It also makes your blood less likely to clot. 

rGH isn’t the fountain of youth, but it will keep you alive longer and those extra years will be great because you’ll be physically strong. No more broken hips, and things like that. My mom had full blown osteoporosis and after a year on it, it totally reversed the condition with strong bone density. 

kat.jpg