Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alum93

Trump sure loves Kim

10 minutes ago, Orange said:

There's nothing sadder than a bunch of rednecks, reminiscing about a past time that never existed.

Manufacturing jobs are SHIT jobs.  And they're gone forever thanks to automation.  That's the truth no one in Ohio/PA/MI wanted to hear.

How are they shit jobs?

Once again, you show your disdain for the average American from your crackerbox castle on the minigolf course, working at a dilapidated theater. 

Why hate on jobs that don't require a bachelor's degree? Is it because they make more money than you as a grunt at the theatre with the workload of a first-year trainee?

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, Orange said:

There's nothing sadder than a bunch of rednecks, reminiscing about a past time that never existed.

Manufacturing jobs are SHIT jobs.  And they're gone forever thanks to automation.  That's the truth no one in Ohio/PA/MI wanted to hear.

Friend,

Do you ride a Horse in Sisters, Oregon?

Who manufactured the car you are driving?   Why the disdain towards the guy that made your Chevy?

Guest #1Stunner
17 minutes ago, Orange said:

Friend...

At least we are finally getting to the meat of the matter...

ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!!!!

Democrats-----are they going to talk about silly SJW issues again, or are they going to talk JOBS?!?!?!?!?!?!   

If they don't talk jobs, they will never win the next election (unless they run a black candidate, then they might win Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania-----FUBU!).

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

He told the people in the swing states of the Rust Belt he would bring back the high paying manufacturing jobs and stop illegal immigration.  In 17 months we will see if the red hat crowd in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin still outnumber the other side.  It was a razor thin margin last time.  I expect it will be every bit as close 2nd time around in that part of the country.  As someone who spent an awful lot of time in that part of the country listening to stories about the "glory days" of the 50s and 60s,  and the sheer disdain for outsourcing and/or lower paying assembly line jobs that changed cities like Detroit,  i can see why they bought into his rhetoric without any record.  Will they do it again in 2020?

Lying to these workers has been very effective for him, and I don't know if they will buy it again or not.

The truth is that most of those jobs will be lost one way or the other, if by outsourcing or by automation. The days of unskilled labor making good wages are likely gone. If you want a good paying job in the future you either need to learn a skilled trade or a profession which requires more education.

Those with the means and the wherewithal  can start businesses and make it that way.

Assembly line jobs that require little to no education and pay a wage that you would be able to comfortably support a family with are unfortunately largely a thing of the past.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

19 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

You do hate folks who have to actually work for a living.

I hate them because I'd tell them the truth?

You have an odd definition of "hate."  

19 minutes ago, 406WarriorFan said:

How are they shit jobs?

Once again, you show your disdain for the average American from your crackerbox castle on the minigolf course, working at a dilapidated theater. 

Why hate on jobs that don't require a bachelor's degree? Is it because they make more money than you as a grunt at the theatre with the workload of a first-year trainee?

Hey dipshit, make up your mind, am I an educated elitist who hates people who work, or am I a low-wage schlubb?

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

Hey dipshit, make up your mind, am I an educated elitist who hates people who work, or am I a low-wage schlubb?

Damn. Good to see someone else is in @Orange's  pin head besides me. He has 406 on ignore too from what I understand. 

And for the record you can be both an elitist and a low-wage earner simultaneously. They aren't mutually exclusive. You definitely fit the mold. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Mano said:

Lying to these workers has been very effective for him, and I don't know if they will buy it again or not.

The truth is that most of those jobs will be lost one way or the other, if by outsourcing or by automation. The days of unskilled labor making good wages are likely gone. If you want a good paying job in the future you either need to learn a skilled trade or a profession which requires more education.

Those with the means and the wherewithal  can start businesses and make it that way.

Assembly line jobs that require little to no education and pay a wage that you would be able to comfortably support a family with are unfortunately largely a thing of the past.

Both sides were peddling their lies.

Democrats to the 50 year old manufacturing job worker in the Rust Belt with a High School Diploma:  "You can attend community college and learn to code, and have a great career again!!!"   The guy: but I can barely use Windows!!

8 hours ago, Orange said:

?

Dont you have me on ignore? I’m one of the legions you brag about ignoring? Make up your mind.

You strike me as a Bachelors Degree holder who is stuck working as a ++++moper (mope while you mop!) while you see others with 2 year degrees pass you by in salary and stature. It’s why you’re so angry.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I hate them because I'd tell them the truth?

You have an odd definition of "hate."  

Manufacturing jobs suck for some folks....but not all....why are you making it your business?

If those jobs are awful....what is your solution?   

Then you could also tell the truth and admit you are an elitist.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Friend...

At least we are finally getting to the meat of the matter...

ITS THE ECONOMY STUPID!!!!

Democrats-----are they going to talk about silly SJW issues again, or are they going to talk JOBS?!?!?!?!?!?!   

If they don't talk jobs, they will never win the next election (unless they run a black candidate, then they might win Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania-----FUBU!).

The dems can't compete with Trump on the economy so thats the last thing they want to talk about, but they are promising enough free stuff that we won't need jobs.  Free medical, free education, even free money.

Then Biden one-ups everyone and promises to cure cancer.  :rotflmfao:

RUSSIA!!!

7 hours ago, Mano said:

The truth is that most of those jobs will be lost one way or the other, if by outsourcing or by automation. The days of unskilled labor making good wages are likely gone. If you want a good paying job in the future you either need to learn a skilled trade or a profession which requires more education.e unfortunately largely a thing of the past.

It doesn't have to be that way, though. Automation is going to hit almost all sectors sooner or later, and we'll see how the world will deal with it. But if well paying production jobs were impossible, most of Europe wouldn't have a manufacturing sector anymore. What was true 10 years ago is still true today: We can't compete with the likes of China on price. It's impossible. Contrary to popular assumption, China has no interest in developing a middle-class society. Why would they? A huge middle-class is demanding and very hard to control. The Communist Party has the ability to preserve the status quo of China being a "developing country" for a long time. (Here is an excellent article on this: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/03/china-xi-jinping-president/554795/)

But we can compete with China (and everybody else) on quality. The key to a successful manufacturing sector is an unrelenting focus on quality and innovation so that people around the world want to pay higher prices for American goods. But this requires considerable investment in education, training, and infrastructure, and that's what's lacking. Domestically, there'll always be a small segment of buyers who get teary eyed when see "Made in America" regardless of how mediocre the product is, but that's not enough. Politicians and CEOs have to ask themselves: Why is it that the whole world wants to buy Boeings but no one wants to buy a Chrysler? The answer should be pretty easy.

36 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

It doesn't have to be that way, though. Automation is going to hit almost all sectors sooner or later, and we'll see how the world will deal with it. But if well paying production jobs were impossible, most of Europe wouldn't have a manufacturing sector anymore. What was true 10 years ago is still true today: We can't compete with the likes of China on price. It's impossible. Contrary to popular assumption, China has no interest in developing a middle-class society. Why would they? A huge middle-class is demanding and very hard to control. The Communist Party has the ability to preserve the status quo of China being a "developing country" for a long time. (Here is an excellent article on this: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/03/china-xi-jinping-president/554795/)

But we can compete with China (and everybody else) on quality. The key to a successful manufacturing sector is an unrelenting focus on quality and innovation so that people around the world want to pay higher prices for American goods. But this requires considerable investment in education, training, and infrastructure, and that's what's lacking. Domestically, there'll always be a small segment of buyers who get teary eyed when see "Made in America" regardless of how mediocre the product is, but that's not enough. Politicians and CEOs have to ask themselves: Why is it that the whole world wants to buy Boeings but no one wants to buy a Chrysler? The answer should be pretty easy.

I don’t get this at all. Having spent time there for work I don’t think people recognize how developed that country already is. The notion that it doesn’t want a middle class seems absurd. Why would it want its economy dependent on exporting goods to America when it can become the world leader in any number of verticals because it’s workforce and markets are primed for growth? There are cities there most Americans have never heard of and can’t even pronounce that dwarf our major metros.

16 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I don’t get this at all. Having spent time there for work I don’t think people recognize how developed that country already is. The notion that it doesn’t want a middle class seems absurd. Why would it want its economy dependent on exporting goods to America when it can become the world leader in any number of verticals because it’s workforce and markets are primed for growth? There are cities there most Americans have never heard of and can’t even pronounce that dwarf our major metros.

Some that don’t even have people living in them. 

27 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I don't think one necessarily precludes the other. Already today, Chinese people in different parts of the country live completely different lives than in other parts, Hong Kong being the most extreme example probably. 

15 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Manufacturing jobs suck for some folks....but not all....why are you making it your business?

If those jobs are awful....what is your solution?   

Then you could also tell the truth and admit you are an elitist.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/elite

"Elite" adjective

representing the most choice or select; best:

Imagine making fun of that as if it's a bad thing.  Think about how sad that is.

9 hours ago, I am Ram said:

As a person who has experience in the auto industry,  you are just flat out wrong in your analysis on quality.  The high paying assembly jobs for example from 30-40 years ago to turn a bolt are never coming back in huge quantities.  First, there is no amount of quality that will make up for the gap in labor rates.  Second, pick a country - Mexico, China, Thailand, India, they can all make the same quality components that someone standing in Michigan or Ohio for far less.  That's just the way it is and for far too long people in the Midwest fought that reality.  They have come around though and are finally adjusting and finding other jobs to replace.  No different than when Pittsburgh lost the steel plants.  West Virginia will find out soon enough the coal jobs aren't coming back as cleaner energy runs right by them.  You are spot on about investment in education, training, and infrastructure.  The pay off will be in the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday for American workers.  

2 minutes ago, alum93 said:

As a person who has experience in the auto industry,  you are just flat out wrong in your analysis on quality.  The high paying assembly jobs for example from 30-40 years ago to turn a bolt are never coming back in huge quantities.  First, there is no amount of quality that will make up for the gap in labor rates.  Second, pick a country - Mexico, China, Thailand, India, they can all make the same quality components that someone standing in Michigan or Ohio for far less.  That's just the way it is and for far too long people in the Midwest fought that reality.  They have come around though and are finally adjusting and finding other jobs to replace.  No different than when Pittsburgh lost the steel plants.  West Virginia will find out soon enough the coal jobs aren't coming back as cleaner energy runs right by them.  You are spot on about investment in educations, training, and infrastructure.  The pay off will be in the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday for American workers.  

Sorry, but if we don't pet their heads and tell them that the $40/hr union jobs are coming back, we're "elitist" assholes who love the smell of our own farts.

#MAGA