Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am Ram

Fivethirtyeight: Most Americans Agree That WWII Was Justified. Recent Conflicts Are More Divisive.

40 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

538 is a complete garbage site with bizarre,  inaccurate and incomplete manipulation of polling data. Despite the fact that I broke it down and exposed all of its flaws recently on the board that no one challenged, really brilliant left wing scholars such as @retrofade @renoskier @happycamper etc. somehow refuse to see its obvious fatal flaws. If it were a right winger operators site, these dorks would be pimping it as pure hate speech. 😂😂😂😂😂👌

I mean... I've tried to be nice to you, but for +++++ssake man, the more you post shit like this, the more difficult that becomes. It is nice to know that @happycamper, @renoskier, and I are still enjoying rent free space inside that vacuous head of yours though. 

8 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

At least with WWII, you could justify it from the point that you were fighting for something worthwhile. You could argue that we accomplished something as far as destroying everyone who may or may not have been a threat to us. There still was the USSR, but outside of having a nuke or two, they were never in any position to go toe-to-toe with us...

Vietnam was a dumb assed "conflict"...I feel sorry for the poor bastards that got sent there, because we lost a whole generation of people there for absolutely nothing. 

These latest conflicts, be it in Afghanistan, Iraq, sending weapons to jihadis in Syria, Yemen...it's just pissing in the wind. We've accomplished nothing in those at all, other than creating more terrorists and more headaches for us, and wasting a shit ton of money that we could have used somewhere else.

This is probably the best comment on here and I agree with it 100%. There were a lot of mistakes made by Germany with "Operation Barbarossa" probably being the most important one. It's known throughout history that every war Russia gets involved in (even wars started by Russia) they always seem to stumble out of the gate and their military forces are never prepared. If Hitler listened to his advisers and pressed the attack against Moscow like they did against France and Poland then it's most likely that Russia would have fallen and probably should have, had it not been for the Russian winter. The United States had too much financial/oil interests with other allied nations that getting involved would have been inevitable at some point had Pearl Harbor never happened.      

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg