Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Pick 10: Team Headbutt

This is @Headbutt's team.  Selection and draft order was completely randomized.

Draft Order:

1) @PokeTransplant

2) @tdmonkeys

3) @pokebball

4) @SLCPoke

5) @Agent Orange/Blue

6) @blind_squirrel54

7) @TheSanDiegan

8) @Broncomare

9) @WYO1016

10) @godogsgo

11) @Headbutt

12) @halfmanhalfbronco

13) @masterfrog

Please wait until @Headbutt gives you the ok to go.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'm liking the looks of this roster.  It appears to be a list of folks that will actually show up and make their picks.

1) @PokeTransplant

2) @tdmonkeys

3) @pokebball

4) @SLCPoke

5) @Agent Orange/Blue

6) @blind_squirrel54

7) @TheSanDiegan

8) @Broncomare

9) @WYO1016

10) @godogsgo

11) @Headbutt

12) @halfmanhalfbronco

13) @masterfrog

I like to give the starter a little bit of a chance to get his stuff together to get things started but PokeTransplant is on here pretty regular so it shouldn't be an issue.  However, just to be fair PokeTransplant has until Tuesday at noon to make his pick.  As soon as he picks we go to the standard 24 hour window for the next pick and so on.  We have 77 days to make 130 picks, so if we get deep into July and things are lagging I'm going to shorten the window.  I really don't think it will be an issue though. 

When you make your pick please notify the next player with the @xxxxx tool and it's really helpful if you tag the two behind them as well.  That really moves things along.  As always it's a snake draft.  PokeTransplant picks first, masterfrog picks 13th and 14th, then back up the ladder where PokeTransplant  picks 26th and 27th and so on.

I reserve the right to change any rules for the betterment of the contest.  My only reason for doing so would be to keep participation moving on a fair basis.

Pictures and videos are not required, but heavily encouraged as long as they comply with the standards of the board.  Please keep in mind that we have at least one lady in the group, although Broncomare doesn't seem scared to play on a male dominated board.

The "halfmanhalfbronco rule" - If you have to go trotting off to the Frank Church Wilderness for a week you need to give a list of your picks in order of choice to a proxy before you leave.  It can be me or any other member of the group.  If they miss your turn, that's too bad.

The "Kalua Pig" rule - If you give the list to someone other than me, notify me who is handling your pick.  I don't see that issue in this group, but The Pig's previous efforts were definitely inspirational.

Finally, we may cut some slack in the first couple of days, but after that if you miss your turn you can jump in at any point and pick any team from the remaining list.  You cannot go back and steal a team that you wanted but failed to show up for.  PokeTransplant and masterfrog get to pick twice almost every time they pick so they get 24 hours for the first pick and 12 for the second.  I really don't know why they'd even need the extra 12, but it seems fair.

If you miss all of your picks you'll get the 10 leftover teams and will probably win this thing.

Please make all of your picks on this thread, and don't hesitate to ask questions if your unsure of anything.

May you all finish in second place.

@PokeTransplant you can pick at any time.

6 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I'm liking the looks of this roster.  It appears to be a list of folks that will actually show up and make their picks.

1) @PokeTransplant

2) @tdmonkeys

3) @pokebball

4) @SLCPoke

5) @Agent Orange/Blue

6) @blind_squirrel54

7) @TheSanDiegan

8) @Broncomare

9) @WYO1016

10) @godogsgo

11) @Headbutt

12) @halfmanhalfbronco

13) @masterfrog

I like to give the starter a little bit of a chance to get his stuff together to get things started but PokeTransplant is on here pretty regular so it shouldn't be an issue.  However, just to be fair PokeTransplant has until Tuesday at noon to make his pick.  As soon as he picks we go to the standard 24 hour window for the next pick and so on.  We have 77 days to make 130 picks, so if we get deep into July and things are lagging I'm going to shorten the window.  I really don't think it will be an issue though. 

When you make your pick please notify the next player with the @xxxxx tool and it's really helpful if you tag the two behind them as well.  That really moves things along.  As always it's a snake draft.  PokeTransplant picks first, masterfrog picks 13th and 14th, then back up the ladder where PokeTransplant  picks 26th and 27th and so on.

I reserve the right to change any rules for the betterment of the contest.  My only reason for doing so would be to keep participation moving on a fair basis.

Pictures and videos are not required, but heavily encouraged as long as they comply with the standards of the board.  Please keep in mind that we have at least one lady in the group, although Broncomare doesn't seem scared to play on a male dominated board.

The "halfmanhalfbronco rule" - If you have to go trotting off to the Frank Church Wilderness for a week you need to give a list of your picks in order of choice to a proxy before you leave.  It can be me or any other member of the group.  If they miss your turn, that's too bad.

The "Kalua Pig" rule - If you give the list to someone other than me, notify me who is handling your pick.  I don't see that issue in this group, but The Pig's previous efforts were definitely inspirational.

Finally, we may cut some slack in the first couple of days, but after that if you miss your turn you can jump in at any point and pick any team from the remaining list.  You cannot go back and steal a team that you wanted but failed to show up for.  PokeTransplant and masterfrog get to pick twice almost every time they pick so they get 24 hours for the first pick and 12 for the second.  I really don't know why they'd even need the extra 12, but it seems fair.

If you miss all of your picks you'll get the 10 leftover teams and will probably win this thing.

Please make all of your picks on this thread, and don't hesitate to ask questions if your unsure of anything.

Not sure how I ended up with Kalua, but he scares me, lol.

I might copy some of this post, thanks!

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

Not sure how I ended up with Kalua, but he scares me, lol.

I might copy some of this post, thanks!

He's a lot of fun but it helps if you mandate that he only participates with a hall monitor watching.  Call his warden and request some oversight.  :D

On 6/9/2019 at 7:47 PM, Headbutt said:

1) @PokeTransplant

2) @tdmonkeys

3) @pokebball

4) @SLCPoke

5) @Agent Orange/Blue

6) @blind_squirrel54

7) @TheSanDiegan

8) @Broncomare

9) @WYO1016

10) @godogsgo

11) @Headbutt

12) @halfmanhalfbronco

13) @masterfrog

Please make sure that the pictures are of football players of said team you are picking and that they are topless and there will not be problems from me. :D

down in a hole.jpg

While we're waiting on @pokebball, I would recommend that everyone subscribe to this thread. It helps keep things running smoothly when you get emails with each post.

image.thumb.png.52a56fb9670e93b30d8e9ba47b8937df.png

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

@Agent Orange/Blue don't take the 24 hour window too seriously.  I won't hold it forever, but SLCPoke hasn't been on the board since teams were picked so he doesn't know we've started and that it's his turn yet so I think we'll give him a little extra time if need be.  Hopefully he checks in soon and we can get rolling.  I know that everyone else has been adequately notified so this is the last hiccup.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

@Agent Orange/Blue don't take the 24 hour window too seriously.  I won't hold it forever, but SLCPoke hasn't been on the board since teams were picked so he doesn't know we've started and that it's his turn yet so I think we'll give him a little extra time if need be.  Hopefully he checks in soon and we can get rolling.  I know that everyone else has been adequately notified so this is the last hiccup.

I volunteer a pick for em: Charlotte 49ers. Yeah!!

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

thinking to myself as i wait here...the ironic thing is im all over the back roads of Norway next week - hope i have internet

(i'll work on getting some picks together hb)

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648