Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

MW Annual Directors Meeting

https://themw.com/news/2019/6/5/general-mw-board-of-directors-hold-successful-annual-meeting.aspx?path=general

No TV announcement as that will be on going through out the summer. 

The MW will bring back the conference volleyball tournament for the auto-bid.  The tournament will be held at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.

Esports will continue during the basketball championship.  Additional On-line seasons approved for competitive eSports. 

32 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

When you take eSports into consideration, the MW is the true Pee6 conference!  I'm sure that eSports are going to help drive that TV contract to the moon!

Tongue in cheek but twitch is too kids what sportscenter was in the 1990s when entire crowds chanted the top ten theme on big plays.

It's also one of the fastest revenue growing entertainment options in America and the world. With football having all its issues with concussions e-sports may fill some of that lost space football once dominated. 

Just now, JoeBlo said:

Tongue in cheek but twitch is too kids what sportscenter was to kids in the 1990s.

It's also one of the fastest revenue growing entertainment options in America and the world. With football having all its issues with concussions e-sports may fill some of that lost space football once dominated. 

Yeah, I'm sure it probably is a big part of the future for all the reasons you list, but I won't be watching.  

Not liking adding another tournament to determine the autobid.  I'd really prefer the MWC send it's regular season champs to the national tourney's in every sport possible.  That's the team that earned it IMO, not the team that got hot for a week.

Guest #1Stunner
15 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

https://themw.com/news/2019/6/5/general-mw-board-of-directors-hold-successful-annual-meeting.aspx?path=general

No TV announcement as that will be on going through out the summer. 

The MW will bring back the conference volleyball tournament for the auto-bid.  The tournament will be held at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.

Esports will continue during the basketball championship.  Additional On-line seasons approved for competitive eSports. 

Hair Thompson usually has something to say about BYU at these things.  

Can't wait for this event!

18 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Yeah, I'm sure it probably is a big part of the future for all the reasons you list, but I won't be watching.  

Really? I just can't wait for creation of an ESPN-E network so I can have 24/7 access to the thrill of watching other guys play video games! It's gonna be epic!

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 hours ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

The mountain west should take a clue from the big west and just drop football 

If serious, dumb. If joking, fail.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Really? I just can't wait for creation of an ESPN-E network so I can have 24/7 access to the thrill of watching other guys play video games! It's gonna be epic!

The thought of watching nerds sitting there playing pretend sports is sickening. I don't mind if those nerds want to play their games, but let's not attach the "sports" part to the activity. 

12 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Why wait? It's on youtube for free, ask my 12 year old :pullhair:

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

There's a lazy 24 year old guy that works in our office that sits and watches those.....I truly don't understand it. It's like watching fishing shows. You're not even fishing, you're watching fishing? :shrug:

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

And that's the point.

My kid's twice that age now and still plays video games occasionally but it's typically against a couple guys in LV and Canada who he's never met but considers to be friends with because he's communicated with them for years technologically just like people like you and I have never met but are friends of a sort because of our involvement here. My son used to sit and watch friends play video games and vice versa but he hasn't done that since HS. The bottom line for me is having esports teams at the college level is plain stupid - which probably makes an idiot like Craig Thompson drool at the prospect of schools in his conference fielding such teams.

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

And that's the point.

My kid's twice that age now and still plays video games occasionally but it's typically against a couple guys in LV and Canada who he's never met but considers to be friends with because he's communicated with them for years technologically just like people like you and I have never met but are friends of a sort because of our involvement here. My son used to sit and watch friends play video games and vice versa but he hasn't done that since HS. The bottom line for me is having esports teams at the college level is plain stupid - which probably makes an idiot like Craig Thompson drool at the prospect of schools in his conference fielding such teams.

Us - :pullhair: :pullhair:

Who our children see - :oldman: :oldman:

If they didnt discuss the TV contract, dId they at least address the decline of Boise and the diminishing value for our conference coin?

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

If they didnt discuss the TV contract, dId they at least address the decline of Boise and the diminishing value for our conference coin?

Obvious trolling attempt.    But just so we're clear, Boise finished top 25 in '17 and '18 and was ranked during the entire season last year too until the OT loss to Fresno.  Facts do get in the way.  

Maybe Fresneckians should relish the fact they were good enough to beat the Broncos instead of diminishing the Dogs' accomplishments.  

Plus,  the Hair is still afraid Kustra may show up so there's going to be no talk of lowering the status of the Broncos.