Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

NCAA Track Championships

18 minutes ago, stchas said:

lol at halfass bronco...it was a question.  "What race was that"?  See the question mark at the end?  Is English your second language?  Wasn't flaming ...didn't know that Allie ran the 10,000 since Kelati won the MWC title in that race.

Please, you did the same thing last year and the year before, regarding Allie and we both know the way you phrased that question was with doubt it ever happened, hence your use of quotes. 

Fact is a fully healthy Ostrander could pick what title she wanted between the 10k, 5k and Steeple and no UNM runner could have done anything about it. 

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Let's be real, if Allie wanted the 10k title she would have it.  She is the first ever 3 time steeple champ and butt +++++ed the girls UNM entered with the sole purpose of taking her crown.  She will also have the privilege of running a better 10k time then the national champ ever has while in the early part of the season.

While we are being "real"... I guess Allie didn't want the cross country title? Finished fourth in the MW race behind three UNM runners and behind 2 for the NCAA title race. And those two girls that bested her were not entered in the steeple for the "some purpose" of stopping her. 

@stchas

We talking womens mid distance running now boieee.

Ostrander shits on your girls. And she does not look like the ugly trolls UNM trots out.

UNM has been lucky as +++++ Allie has been riddled with injuries her entire career or your entire program takes a step back.

Allie ohhhhhh +++++s on you lobos.

15 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

While we are being "real"... I guess Allie didn't want the cross country title? Finished fourth in the MW race behind three UNM runners and behind 2 for the NCAA title race. And those two girls that bested her were not entered in the steeple for the "some purpose" of stopping her. 

Yeah, they got the girl coming off injury and not in shape due to that real good. 

Allie just butt +++++ed two of your best and ran the top 10k time in the country.   Grats on the xc win over an injured out of shape Ostrander. 

22 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, they got the girl coming off injury and not in shape due to that real good. 

Allie just butt +++++ed two of your best and ran the top 10k time in the country.   Grats on the xc win over an injured out of shape Ostrander. 

Was she injured last year too?

12 hours ago, coalman29 said:

It’s taken her awhile to come back from her sophomore injury. This track season her times are getting better and better. If she stays healthy she will kick ass in her senior year. On a different note, she just graduated with a 4.0 gpa and will be working on her masters in her senior year. Her coach indicated they are going to spend a lot of time next year getting her prepped for the Olympic trials so not sure how many MWC races she will run. 

13 hours ago, coalman29 said:

Yep, injured early in her Sophmore year and is just no back to her Freshman form.

3 time steeple champ, and best 10k in the country.  She is set for a dominant senior year at this trajectory.  UNM going to bend over for her.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:47 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Let's be real, if Allie wanted the 10k title she would have it.  She is the first ever 3 time steeple champ and butt +++++ed the girls UNM entered with the sole purpose of taking her crown.  She will also have the privilege of running a better 10k time then the national champ ever has while in the early part of the season.

So Allie ran the Steeple prelims 2 hours earlier than the 10,000 final, and you think she would have beaten Kelati in the 10,000 final?  Wasn't going to happen, and probably knew it was better to go the route that she did.  You saw how she performed in the 5,000 after her Steeple victory.  Not sure where she finished in the 5,000, but I don't believe that she scored.  A collegiate best time does not ensure that a runner is going to win a race.  Kelati has a collegiate best time in the 5,000.  She finished 5th in the 5,000 yesterday.

Still laughing at your comment that UNM "entered girls in the Steeple for the sole purpose of taking Allie's crown".  I really don't think that Coach Franklin worries about what Boise is doing.  He entered girls in the Steeple that would score points. 

Not sure what triggered you.   We were having a civil conversation about MWC Women's T&F , then all of a sudden you were butt hurt.  

Allie is a great talent.  With the proper rest, I would  also pick her to win a close race over Kelati in the 10,000.  But wth do I know.

1 hour ago, stchas said:

So Allie ran the Steeple prelims 2 hours earlier than the 10,000 final, and you think she would have beaten Kelati in the 10,000 final?  Wasn't going to happen, and probably knew it was better to go the route that she did.  You saw how she performed in the 5,000 after her Steeple victory.  Not sure where she finished in the 5,000, but I don't believe that she scored.  A collegiate best time does not ensure that a runner is going to win a race.  Kelati has a collegiate best time in the 5,000.  She finished 5th in the 5,000 yesterday.

Still laughing at your comment that UNM "entered girls in the Steeple for the sole purpose of taking Allie's crown".  I really don't think that Coach Franklin worries about what Boise is doing.  He entered girls in the Steeple that would score points. 

Not sure what triggered you.   We were having a civil conversation about MWC Women's T&F , then all of a sudden you were butt hurt.  

Allie is a great talent.  With the proper rest, I would  also pick her to win a close race over Kelati in the 10,000.  But wth do I know.

Honestly, just wanted an excuse to talk trash about women's mid distance running.

USTFCCCA @USTFCCCA
FollowFollow @USTFCCCA
More

DID YOU KNOW: Only 6⃣ institutions had both the men's & women's programs finish in the top-10 of their respective Program of the Year standings - @BYUTFXC, @FSU_Track, @OregonTF, @RazorbackTF, @StanfordXCTF & @TexasTFXC! 👇 LEARN MORE 👇🔗http://bit.ly/2WZek1t 

https://twitter.com/USTFCCCA/status/1139217385104248833