Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Nancy Pelosi: "I'd like to see Trump in Prison"

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I say we throw them all in jail, Trump, McConnell, Clinton, Obama, Pelosi, Bush.   They’re all crooked!  They can share the same cell. 

That is great but the only one who likely committed criminal offenses is Trump.  You don't just throw people in jail because you don't like their politics...only if they have committed serious crimes.

Posted Image

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Why do you think words and actions from our elected officials don't contribute to how we think about them?

Not sure who you think this "we" is. Apparently, you think chanting "lock her up" repeatedly at rallies is fine, but a single "I want him in prison" retort during an argument is disqualifying. I think that speaks to where you think "the middle" is.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

30 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

You are now just arguing degree.  They do the same schtick.  I have seen enough of your posting to know when you have finally figured out you look foolish and have lost.  It is when you try to shift the argument to something you think you might be able to win.  In this case shifting the argument to Rachel's sexuality.  I don't care who she sleeps with.  In fact, I kind of like her when she is not spewing nonsense.

That is kind of like someone believing golf isn't a real sport and also believing that WWF is TOTALLY REAL. And when questioned you are like "all these fake sports are totally questionable anyway."  Yeah, you can bitch about golf if you are comparing it to basketball or something!

Posted Image

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Unfortunately, you're wrong again.

Most Americans want the following things: Medicare for All, free public university, higher taxes on the rich, wealth taxes, increase the estate tax, aggressive climate change policy, legalizing marijuana, cutting defense spending, spending more on education, govt-funded paternity and maternity leave, bail reform, criminal justice reform, etc.

I am most definitely not fringe.  I might be an asshole, but my policy positions are actually very mainstream.

They're just not mainstream in the cowfucker backwaters you guys call home.

:lol:

Sure the millions of us that like our private health plans want to have our health care managed by some nameless,  faceless,  unnellected bureaucrat 1000's of miles away from us. Excuse me, but the millions of us who like our private health plans don't want anything to do with government run medicare

Make public university free and you will ruin public universities.  They will cut services and quality of education to balance their budgets. The rich will send their kids to elite private school , but the middle class will have shitty free education that is. Real good idea their genius

Cutting defense - I don't think most regular Americans give two shits about cutting defense spending.  They do appreciate a well trained, well supplied, military for our defense though. 

Spending more on education - yeah probably more people would like to see this, but most education funding comes from the local level. It is a local issue. 

Maternity & Paternity leave- I think most would support this with high income families phased out

Bail reform - Who cares

Agressive Climate Change policy - If you ask the average american who is not a regressive zealot such as yourself what their top 10,000 concerns our regarding our country, Climate change policy  would be buried deep in the 9,000's. Most people are concerned about more urgent matters , and climate change has had an immaterial impact on the widespread masses of people. My life hasn't been impacted because of climate change, nobody I know has been negatively affected by climate change. People just don't care. 

1 minute ago, Mano said:

Not sure who you think this "we" is. Apparently, you think chanting "lock her up" repeatedly at rallies is fine, but a single "I want him in prison" retort during an argument is disqualifying. I think that speaks to where you think "the middle" is.

This isn't binary.  It's not all OK or not all not OK.  It's relative and the source is also very important.  Pelosi is held to a higher standard than are activists at rallies, or at least she should be.  Perhaps you don't hold her to a higher standard, which would then fully explain our differences here.

I think her words matter, you don't.  I'm moving on.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

9 minutes ago, pokebball said:

This isn't binary.  It's not all OK or not all not OK.  It's relative and the source is also very important.  Pelosi is held to a higher standard than are activists at rallies, or at least she should be.  Perhaps you don't hold her to a higher standard, which would then fully explain our differences here.

What planet do you live?  The POTUS reveled and himself indicated many times he wanted to jail his opponents at huge rallies.  Pelosi says this in a private meeting that Trump (which he does) belong in jail and you are going to be sanctimonious and hand wring how the Speaker needs to be held to a higher standard?  The religious right has influenced you in your hypocrisy, it seems.  

Posted Image

Just now, pokebball said:

No,  you are acting like her single statement is disqualifying while Trump's repeatedly leading chants of "lock her up" is hunky dory, and trying to make me think that is not hypocritical. Keep thinking you are 'in the middle" if that gets you through the night, but don't expect me to buy it.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

7 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

:lol:

Sure the millions of us that like our private health plans want to have our health care managed by some nameless,  faceless,  unnellected bureaucrat 1000's of miles away from us. Excuse me, but the millions of us who like our private health plans don't want anything to do with government run medicare

Make public university free and you will ruin public universities.  They will cut services and quality of education to balance their budgets. The rich will send their kids to elite private school , but the middle class will have shitty free education that is. Real good idea their genius

Cutting defense - I don't think most regular Americans give two shits about cutting defense spending.  They do appreciate a well trained, well supplied, military for our defense though. 

Spending more on education - yeah probably more people would like to see this, but most education funding comes from the local level. It is a local issue. 

Maternity & Paternity leave- I think most would support this with high income families phased out

Bail reform - Who cares

Agressive Climate Change policy - If you ask the average american who is not a regressive zealot such as yourself what their top 10,000 concerns our regarding our country, Climate change policy  would be buried deep in the 9,000's. Most people are concerned about more urgent matters , and climate change has had an immaterial impact on the widespread masses of people. My life hasn't been impacted because of climate change, nobody I know has been negatively affected by climate change. People just don't care. 

Frankly, all of us want all of these things.  These are all good things, right?  Who would be against any of these things?

The conversation stalls when we get to who has to pay for it. 

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

What planet do you live?  The POTUS reveled and himself indicated many times he wanted to jail his opponents at huge rallies.  Pelosi says this in a private meeting that Trump (which he does) belong in jail and you are going to be sanctimonious?  The religious right has influenced you in your hypocrisy, it seems.  

Don't interpret my posts in anyway as me defending Trump.  Pelosi just did something very similar.  That's my point.  Trump is a puss.  Is Pelosi a puss now  too, or are you saying its OK for her to say the same thing because Trump did it?

1 minute ago, Mano said:

No,  you are acting like her single statement is disqualifying while Trump's repeatedly leading chants of "lock her up" is hunky dory, and trying to make me think that is not hypocritical. Keep thinking you are 'in the middle" if that gets you through the night, but don't expect me to buy it.

They hold they left to a higher standard that they hold themselves. The slightest misstep dooms Dems but Trump can do whatever because it's understood he and his supporters are deplorables. It's a game of gotcha where the rules only apply to one side.

6 minutes ago, Mano said:

Are you kidding me?  They are being led by a loud mouth coastal New York Liberal, immoral philanderer, married thrice, bankrupted thrice, budget busting, tariff loving, mercantilist, tax and spender...and they all look at each other with a boner saying, "THIS IS THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER"  You asked for a hypocrite, sir, I give you the cons.

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, Mano said:

Disqualifying?  I didn't say that at all.

And this has nothing to do where I am in the political spectrum.  I'm simply giving you my opinion that words from our elected officials matter, particularly to those in the middle that haven't made their choices yet.  The far liberal left like you...sure, words won't impact your decision. 

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

They hold they left to a higher standard that they hold themselves. The slightest misstep dooms Dems but Trump can do whatever because it's understood he and his supporters are deplorables. It's a game of gotcha where the rules only apply to one side.

Ahh, I don't know.  I think the lock 'em up, throw 'em in jail was bad by both sides.  Mano's the guy that's defending Pelosi.

13 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The Dems set the mud slinging standard years ago. Trump is just trying to catch up, but still has a long way to go. The Dems are also pissed because he is using their same tactics and is better at it than them. 

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Ahh, I don't know.  I think the lock 'em up, throw 'em in jail was bad by both sides.  Mano's the guy that's defending Pelosi.

I flat out asked you if your middle cared about the lock your opponent up rhetoric or not, and your answer is that they only care about it from Nancy. Who is defending whom?

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

52 minutes ago, Akkula said:

That is great but the only one who likely committed criminal offenses is Trump.  You don't just throw people in jail because you don't like their politics...only if they have committed serious crimes.

You’re right. But I would argue Bush and Obama both committed serious crimes by starting unnecessary wars, killing American citizens without due process, creating and expanding Prism.  But Pelosi and McConnell shouldn’t be included, they may be crooked politicians but haven’t committed any crimes I’m aware of. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, Orange said:

You're simply not a reasonable, serious person if you think Hannity and Maddow are comparable.  Hannity is a college dropout shock-jock radio asshole.  Maddow is a Stanford-educated journalist and Rhode's Scholar.  Get the point?

And yes, there is evidence of conspiracy with Trump and his campaign and Russia.  No, the Mueller report did not exonerate him.  There's TONS of evidence that he sought Russia's help, not to mention outright asking the Russians to hack Hillary's emails (which they immediately did), and his son's enthusiasm over a potential Russian offering of dirt on Hillary ("I love it!").  If you think this shit's okay, you're not a good American.  

The obstruction case, is, of course, still alive and well and likely impeachable. Remains to be seen if he's fitted for a jumpsuit after he loses and exits office in 2021.

I can’t tell if he’s serious or if this is satire gone wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Mano said:

I flat out asked you if your middle cared about the lock your opponent up rhetoric or not, and your answer is that they only care about it from Nancy. Who is defending whom?

If true, there was some serious misunderstanding going on in this thread. Can you link me to where I said it only mattered when Pelosi did it?

57 minutes ago, Akkula said:

That is kind of like someone believing golf isn't a real sport and also believing that WWF is TOTALLY REAL. And when questioned you are like "all these fake sports are totally questionable anyway."  Yeah, you can bitch about golf if you are comparing it to basketball or something!

Not quite. I think it is more like thinking your favorite WWF wrestler can do all of those moves and really take that type of punishment, but also thinking the other WWF wrestlers are phonies.