Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jalapeno

CU's games vs CSU & AFA

On 5/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, Jalapeno said:

Not expecting much talk from those lamb fans...CSU hasn't beat CU since 2014. :lol: 

It will be awesome if CU wins this year and next year's game in Ft. Fun.

You'll have very little problem beating CSU in 2019.

2020 is TBD depending on if the clown gets shown the door.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, Jalapeno said:

Not expecting much talk from those lamb fans...CSU hasn't beat CU since 2014. :lol: 

It will be awesome if CU wins this year and next year's game in Ft. Fun.

Next year will be the first trip to Fort Collins since 1969 correct?

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

38 minutes ago, Pokez said:

Next year will be the first trip to Fort Collins since 1969 correct?

CU played in Hughes in about 1997.  And in about 1988.  

Just imagine the meltdown from csu frat boys when CU parades around the RMS trophy after a CU win in Ft. Collins after CU crushes them this year.

53 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Just imagine the meltdown from csu frat boys when CU parades around the RMS trophy after a CU win in Ft. Collins after CU crushes them this year.

CSU has owned scoreboard in Folsom since their 23-17 win over the Mighty Buffs in 2009.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, Scooter said:

You'll have very little problem beating CSU in 2019.

2020 is TBD depending on if the clown gets shown the door.

2-10 maybe 3-9 for CSU in 2019.  Bobo has no idea how to win a game against even a decent opponent.

21 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

CU/CSU extend series for another 4 games.  Played on each other campus.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/06/03/colorado-state-cu-football-rocky-mountain-showdown/

Taking a little break will be good for the series.  That eight year break from Nebraska was good to a degree and when it was time to play them, I was so amped for that game that I have forgotten how much I hated Nebraska.

Wife and I have talked about just going up to Ft. Collins some day and watching a CSU game...maybe this year.  Much cheaper than Nebraska-CU tickets which averaged $167 and some tickets were going up to $200-400 per seat. :blink: :o Just imagine the ticket resell prices for that one.  That'll help pay the bills for the Champions Center at CU and I imagine that future CU games in Ft. Collins will help CSU pay off their stadium.

Hopefully CSU keeps getting better in basketball or we will just have women's soccer, volleyball, and women's basketball when it comes to both schools...not my cup of tea.

Guest #1Stunner
On 5/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, Jalapeno said:

Looks like ESPN had a say in the scheduling for the Rocky Mountain Showdown and breakfast tailgates will be the thing in Boulder for the AFA game...perhaps the Falcons insisted on that time as to reduce the rowdiness of CU fans.  Still a dumb move as people don't realize how hot Folsom Field can get on a full sun day.  Same for the Nebraska game...better bring big hats and suntan lotion!

CU has an attendance problem.

Once pot was legalized, attendance at the CU games nosedived.

3 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Taking a little break will be good for the series.  That eight year break from Nebraska was good to a degree and when it was time to play them, I was so amped for that game that I have forgotten how much I hated Nebraska.

Wife and I have talked about just going up to Ft. Collins some day and watching a CSU game...maybe this year.  Much cheaper than Nebraska-CU tickets which averaged $167 and some tickets were going up to $200-400 per seat. :blink: :o Just imagine the ticket resell prices for that one.  That'll help pay the bills for the Champions Center at CU and I imagine that future CU games in Ft. Collins will help CSU pay off their stadium.

Hopefully CSU keeps getting better in basketball or we will just have women's soccer, volleyball, and women's basketball when it comes to both schools...not my cup of tea.

Better start saving your money for next years CSU-CU game in Fort Collins.  I can guarantee single game ticket prices will be similar to what CU priced the Nebraska tickets at.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:36 PM, Jalapeno said:

Got to laud you for keeping up the goat fight after getting beat handily last year and 2016.

and have you heard of Twitter?  That's important for recruiting too not just television.

The BTN, SEC Network, LHN, and ACCN are also national TV networks as well since they can be accessed anywhere in the US.  Even FCS conferences can make that same claim.  Some of that is due to ESPN+.

You lost this debate just like csu will in a few months.

You conveniently ignore 2017 when your Buttaloes needed those crooked p12 refs stop CSU from beating you by about 20 points! Even the Denver newspapers said that the your pee 12 refs stole that game from the Rams. Now go lay by your bowl. 

Rams rule and Bluffs drool!

10 hours ago, RAMification said:

You conveniently ignore 2017 when your Buttaloes needed those crooked p12 refs stop CSU from beating you by about 20 points! Even the Denver newspapers said that the your pee 12 refs stole that game from the Rams. Now go lay by your bowl. 

Rams rule and Bluffs drool!

When will you realize Bobo the clown will always find ways to lose rivalry games??  He hasn't won one in 4 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Time for a new coach.  One that cares about beating rivals.  Honestly, I'm not sure Bobo even knows who our rivals are.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

21 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

CU has an attendance problem.

Once pot was legalized, attendance at the CU games nosedived.

Pot has nothing to do with CU's attendance woes.  Poor football seasons and switching from a football mad fanbase conference (Big 12) to an apathetic fanbase conference (Pac-12) are factors.  Pac-12 fans do not travel in as large numbers as Big 12 fanbases as well.

19 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Better start saving your money for next years CSU-CU game in Fort Collins.  I can guarantee single game ticket prices will be similar to what CU priced the Nebraska tickets at.

Agreed...they will be high priced for sure.

4 hours ago, Scooter said:

When will you realize Bobo the clown will always find ways to lose rivalry games??  He hasn't won one in 4 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Time for a new coach.  One that cares about beating rivals.  Honestly, I'm not sure Bobo even knows who our rivals are.

When you can't beat your rivals, you are going to get fired for sure.  What's his buyout going to be like at the end of this upcoming season?  I imagine next year's CU game in Ft. Collins could help with the buyout.

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Pot has nothing to do with CU's attendance woes.  Poor football seasons and switching from a football mad fanbase conference (Big 12) to an apathetic fanbase conference (Pac-12) are factors.  Pac-12 fans do not travel in as large numbers as Big 12 fanbases as well.

Do most CU fans regret leaving the Big12 for the PAC12?

I know that Big12 fans loved traveling to Colorado for games.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Do most CU fans regret leaving the Big12 for the PAC12?

I know that Big12 fans loved traveling to Colorado for games.

Nope.  Fundraising really went through the roof for CU athletics and if you include the increase in contributions plus the Pac-12 media rights deal, CU's increase might not be much different from the current Big 12 member media rights distribution increases.  CU's athletic budget is also double to triple the size it was in the Big 12.  Once CU pays off the bonds for the Champions Center, the west side of Folsom Field is going to get a massive makeover and that could cost $250-300M and could depend on the next Pac-12 media rights deal.  None of that would have happened if CU has remained in the Big 12 and CU's fundraisers & ADs have commented on that publicly. 

But as long as CU does not have a rival in the Pac-12, CU fans are longing for those days when we could really hate on Nebraska, both Kansas schools, and both Oklahoma schools as border rivals.  I think the resistance to a Pac-16 including UT, TT, OU, and OSU are fading and would be more enticing if Kansas replaced OSU in that case.  The Big Ten might have a say in KU as well and that is why KU is undertaking a massive renovation of their football stadium as to not get left out in the next realignment round.

A CU football schedule with Utah, the AZ schools, OK, and TX schools would be pretty appealing to me.  I like the Pac-12 schedules but it feels like something is just missing.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Jalapeno said:

Nope.  Fundraising really went through the roof for CU athletics and if you include the increase in contributions plus the Pac-12 media rights deal, CU's increase might not be much different from the current Big 12 member media rights distribution increases.  CU's athletic budget is also double to triple the size it was in the Big 12.  Once CU pays off the bonds for the Champions Center, the west side of Folsom Field is going to get a massive makeover and that could cost $250-300M and could depend on the next Pac-12 media rights deal.  None of that would have happened if CU has remained in the Big 12 and CU's fundraisers & ADs have commented on that publicly. 

But as long as CU does not have a rival in the Pac-12, CU fans are longing for those days when we could really hate on Nebraska, both Kansas schools, and both Oklahoma schools as border rivals.  I think the resistance to a Pac-16 including UT, TT, OU, and OSU are fading and would be more enticing if Kansas replaced OSU in that case.  The Big Ten might have a say in KU as well and that is why KU is undertaking a massive renovation of their football stadium as to not get left out in the next realignment round.

A CU football schedule with Utah, the AZ schools, OK, and TX schools would be pretty appealing to me.  I like the Pac-12 schedules but it feels like something is just missing.

Sounds like CU scored a lot of money.....it just lost the interest of the fans.

It might be the changing tide of college football.   It seems like a dying sport in the PAC12 footprint.  High school kids in the \west are all about LaCrosse and Soccer these days.

Much more interest in the BIG12 area.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

It might be the changing tide of college football.   It seems like a dying sport in the PAC12 footprint.  High school kids in the \west are all about LaCrosse and Soccer these days.

CU added women's lacrosse and it is off to a very good start.  CU fans have been begging the AD to add men's lacrosse because baseball is never coming back to Boulder (ditto for Ft. Collins and Laramie) due to the unpredictable snow weather during those spring months.  CU is moving family housing which is north of Folsom Field to CU South Campus in Boulder.  Once the move is complete, they will raze family housing and build new athletic facilities since the east campus (mostly research park) will be taking over the w-lax, soccer, and track & field facilities at some point.

I don't think it will be long before a second Pac-12 announces m-lax as a varsity sport behind Utah.  I hope that will be CU.

40 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This true for a few schools I think.  All of the Big 12 schools who left are probably better off financially but if you take that out, I bet all fan bases except for maybe A&M would rather be back in the old Big 12.  It is probably even the same for West Virginia.  They are P5 now but I bet their fans wish they played a more regional schedule.

College Football is better when it is primarily regional in my opinion.  I think most fans would agree.