Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

Alex Trebek Update

I'm taking the Summer break off the board, but I wanted to share the good news because I know many of us are Jeopardy fans and are pulling for Alex Trebek. B) Best wishes! 

https://people.com/health/alex-trebek-pancreatic-cancer-near-remission/

Saw this last night. Great news! I'm a Jeopardy junkie who believes the show would suck without Alex Trebek.

That is great news!  I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer so hearing people get diagnosed with it hits a little closer to home for me. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

He thinks it’s the power of prayer since so many are praying for him. Wether you believe that or not, the placebo affect is real, and believing that you’re getting better actually does make physical changes to beat cancer. The well known Loma Linda Medical center and the medical school believe that 30% of getting better is mental. Whether it’s prayer and/or positive thinking, studies have shown that it works.

kat.jpg

I had my Aunt have to go through all that and it was just awful. She was a chain smoker, so it wasn’t a surprise that she got it. About 6 years ago they thought I had a 11mm tumor on my pancreas. They almost had to get a piece of it to get a biopsy done. It sucked because I ended up dying from it. But I’m back now and everything’s cool. 

My aunt was really religious, and a few months before she became unresponsive, she told us that she’d like to die on Christmas, Christ’s birthday. And you could see that she fought like hell. On Christmas morning her son Eric told her that it was Christmas Day, and her breathing slowed down immediately and then died in a matter of half an hour. 

kat.jpg