Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

In a 180° that absolutely everyone saw coming, McConnell says Republicans would fill 2020 Supreme Court vacancy

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I think a law needs to be made that these kinds of things must be dealt with in a certain time limit, or something.  The vacancy happened in Obama's term and it should have been filled there, as there was more than adequate time to do so.  I would be consistent with that opinion with Trump as well. Although Mitch could have legally did what he did, not sure it's in the spirit of the intent of the ff. 

I don’t think we need a new law. There’s already a remedy to remove McConnel’s power over the process. The ballot.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

So someone who has never taken con law and probably gets his con law education from the NRA tv channel is telling me I have an inadequate con law education?

LMAO!  Ok.

lol...

just quit while you're behind Sparky. 

Oh wait, I forgot, you'd pegged me as a Truck Driver in India. 

And get back to mopping jizz. 

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I think a law needs to be made that these kinds of things must be dealt with in a certain time limit, or something.  The vacancy happened in Obama's term and it should have been filled there, as there was more than adequate time to do so.  I would be consistent with that opinion with Trump as well. Although Mitch could have legally did what he did, not sure it's in the spirit of the intent of the ff. 

Agreed 100%.  It was parliamentary tricks, which have never been in keeping with good-faith legislative work.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

Oh I see, you were still editing.

Not sure you improved upon the message, but it's nice to see I mean that much to you.

Get off your knees, I know when I've been licked. 

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t think we need a new law. There’s already a remedy to remove McConnel’s power over the process. The ballot.

Meanwhile we have a person with a lifetime appointment that was made in bad faith.

MOAR laws.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@Joe from WY don’t you know that all them law school classes mean you’ve never been wrong or looked like a dumbass? It’s like internet armor!

Yeah. They make you a sort of Medicine Man/Jesus hybrid upon completion. It says so on the transcript. 

@Orange's purported God complex, bitching and complete divorce from objective reason suggests he went to some third tier toilet and is currently moonlighting as a public defender when he's not mopping jizz at the theatre. 

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@Joe from WY don’t you know that all them law school classes mean you’ve never been wrong or looked like a dumbass? It’s like internet armor!

When a guy literally denies black-and-white verbiage in the constitution, there's nowhere to go aside from just telling him he lacks sufficient knowledge for the discussion.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

@Orange's purported God complex, bitching and complete divorce from objective reason suggests he went to some third tier toilet and is currently moonlighting as a public defender when he's not mopping jizz at the theatre. 

You have a REALLY weird obsession with jizz.  Take it somewhere else.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I wonder if our new friend is aware of Best Buy yet?

He said he graduated law school from Oregon State, and to trust him.   He's a lawyer.

Not sure if he really works at the Best Buy in Bend, Oregon.    But for sure, he and Joe need to throw down there.

15 minutes ago, Orange said:

When a guy literally denies black-and-white verbiage in the constitution, there's nowhere to go aside from just telling him he lacks sufficient knowledge for the discussion.

There’s nothing in that black and white that prohibited McConnel from doing what he did, or demanded that he act in any other way. Again, cocaine Mitch advised Obama that the senate wouldn’t consent to his choice. He had that power under the constitution, so that’s what happened. You can say he shouldn’t have done it for many reasons, but you didn’t learn a damn thing in law school if you believe he couldn’t legally do it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

16 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That's my point.  

I already said I didn’t like it. The remedy is voting him out of power. The people of these United States didn’t feel it was egregious enough to strip him of it.

And let’s not forget, had bad faith politics not led to the wholly unfounded smearing of what was by every other account a good and decent man and jurist, Cocaine Mitch likely would have been stripped of his power.

28 minutes ago, Orange said:

You have a REALLY weird obsession with jizz.  Take it somewhere else.

I bet that's what you wish others would do when you're cleaning up the theatre every night. 

14 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I already said I didn’t like it. The remedy is voting him out of power. The people of these United States didn’t feel it was egregious enough to strip him of it.

We get the government we deserve.