Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cosinama

I hope you didn’t return all that lube you bought.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t think Nevada lived up to preseason expectations. They had a great record, but they didn’t win the games that mattered. And yes as a Boise State fan I would have been ecstatic, but we have no expectations in basketball. It’s kind of like if we go 9-3 or 10-2 in football, but don’t win the conference and lose a bowl game, it’s a disappointing season. 

Expectations are just expectations..This Nevada team you wish to call a failure wasn't as good as the team they had before..

On 6/2/2019 at 12:03 AM, soupslam1 said:

Thanks for the rundown. I still think the addition of a quick PG that could break down defenses would move USU from a very good team to a great team. I’m shocked Smith didn’t recruit a grad transfer or JC PG. There were a number of guys out there to be had. 

The biggest concern for this team IMO is the lack of overall athleticism. That contrast was shown in the NCAA game with an athletic UW team. 

Yeah, I would have to agree on the difference a quick PG would make. I don't remember a USU bball team in my lifetime ever referred to as athletic, it's sort of a stigma we live with. Obviously it's a direct reflection of the oftentimes "paleness" of our team but even when ethnic minorities have made up the majority of our team and/or been our star players, we still seem to carry the label. IMO the UW game was more of a match up problem with their unique defensive scheme than one of being athletically inferior. That same USU team hung with Arizona St. and Houston who were equally "athletic" but did not play the Syracuse zone D.

31 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Yeah, I would have to agree on the difference a quick PG would make. I don't remember a USU bball team in my lifetime ever referred to as athletic, it's sort of a stigma we live with. Obviously it's a direct reflection of the oftentimes "paleness" of our team but even when ethnic minorities have made up the majority of our team and/or been our star players, we still seem to carry the label. IMO the UW game was more of a match up problem with their unique defensive scheme than one of being athletically inferior. That same USU team hung with Arizona St. and Houston who were equally "athletic" but did not play the Syracuse zone D.

I fantasize about having both McEwen and Merrill as seniors this year. What could have been. Ce est' la vie. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.