Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Kawhi vs Warriors

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I agree with everything but the Lakers. It’s Knicks or resigning for more money.

I am a little biased towards the lakers.

It will probably be the Clippers.

I really can't see New York.

If I was Kawhi i would have my cousins friend call up the lakers tomorrow and tell them don't trade away the farm.   If I have some young players for the future and LBJ in place I will sign with you this summer.

Everyone pays the same.

31 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

That was also against the Bulls.   The Lakers were starting 2 guys from the CBA by the end of the series.   Magic played but was hurt, Cooper was hurt even before the series started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_NBA_Finals

The Lakers were facing elimination, and the absences of James Worthy and Byron Scott were not any help to the Lakers. 

That Bulls team did get some injury help in the finals. But the Lakers had been dethroned years before that, the Eastern Conference Finals had the best two teams in them by that point. This Warriors team falling apart was a huge favorite just a month ago having the wheels come off after a great run. Toronto was the better team top to bottom without Durant involved, and once Klay went down there simply wasn’t enough on that bench to keep up.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That Bulls team did get some injury help in the finals. But the Lakers had been dethroned years before that, the Eastern Conference Finals had the best two teams in them by that point. This Warriors team falling apart was a huge favorite just a month ago having the wheels come off after a great run. Toronto was the better team top to bottom without Durant involved, and once Klay went down there simply wasn’t enough on that bench to keep up.

The lakers won game one in Chicago with Magic and Byron healthy and Cooper out.

Magic pulled a Quad and I think it was Byron's ankle and they were down to CBA guards for the last 2 games along side a hobbling Magic.

I think the Lakers win easily if they stay healthy.

5 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I am a little biased towards the lakers.

It will probably be the Clippers.

I really can't see New York.

If I was Kawhi i would have my cousins friend call up the lakers tomorrow and tell them don't trade away the farm.   If I have some young players for the future and LBJ in place I will sign with you this summer.

Everyone pays the same.

The pay being the same is true. I just think KD is a weird guy. It really bothered him that people turned on him for joining the Warriors. Hell it bothered me up until he got hurt, not because I held a grudge that he made a decision in his life that was best for him, it just made basketball boring. But he knows basketball history, and he knows nothing would make him a legend, and be such a financial windfall at the same time, as bringing a title to New York.

I think if Leonard goes anywhere it’s to the Clippers. I don’t think anyone wants to play with Lebron, and that’s his own fault.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The pay being the same is true. I just think KD is a weird guy. It really bothered him that people turned on him for joining the Warriors. Hell it bothered me up until he got hurt, not because I held a grudge that he made a decision in his life that was best for him, it just made basketball boring. But he knows basketball history, and he knows nothing would make him a legend, and be such a financial windfall at the same time, as bringing a title to New York.

I think if Leonard goes anywhere it’s to the Clippers. I don’t think anyone wants to play with Lebron, and that’s his own fault.

If KD stayed in OKC they would have failed over and over, Westbrook is too stupid to play good basketball.  He is just bad and he will never win anything serious.  No team with him starting on it is a serious team.   KD left or he stayed and became the next Charles Barkley.   KD stays in Golden State now picks up $31 million and rehabs next year.   If he can play in the playoffs next year they might win again.

I think the Clippers too for Kawhi.

He doesn't like the limelight or having to talk to the media.  With Lebron on the Lakers he would avoid that for a couple years.  It might be a good situation for Kawhi.

12 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The lakers won game one in Chicago with Magic and Byron healthy and Cooper out.

Magic pulled a Quad and I think it was Byron's ankle and they were down to CBA guards for the last 2 games along side a hobbling Magic.

I think the Lakers win easily if they stay healthy.

I just think that Bulls team had to get used to the lights. That Lakers era was running on fumes, but in game one none of the Bulls had ever been there and a lot of the Lakers DNA had been. Once the nerves settled, I think the Bulls would have out talented even those healthy old Lakers, in 6 or 7. That Bulls team was ready, just not on day one.

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I just think that Bulls team had to get used to the lights. That Lakers era was running on fumes, but in game one none of the Bulls had ever been there and a lot of the Lakers DNA had been. Once the nerves settled, I think the Bulls would have out talented even those healthy old Lakers, in 6 or 7. That Bulls team was ready, just not on day one.

Either way we will never know.  Without John Paxson the old hurt lakers beat the bulls.  He was the difference.

That was the only playoff series Jordan won against Bird or Magic.   Who by the way are both in the top 3 all time win percentage and Jordan isn't in the top 100.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26969126/klay-torn-acl-left-knee-warriors-confirm

Klay Thompson with a torn ACL. 

As for Kawhi, I think he could pop up in LA with the Lakers, especially if they get Anthony Davis. I could see him staying in Toronto, too...he's the biggest sports star up there since Joe Carter. 

5 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Either way we will never know.  Without John Paxson the old hurt lakers beat the bulls.  He was the difference.

That was the only playoff series Jordan won against Bird or Magic.   Who by the way are both in the top 3 all time win percentage and Jordan isn't in the top 100.

Bulls always had an uncanny ability to find average looking white dudes that could shoot. Steve Kerr was a killer for them, so was Toni Kukoc. 

On 6/11/2019 at 3:09 PM, Pelado said:

I think Toronto will actually win game 6.

If not for Klay going down, I could have been very wrong.

14 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Golden State pulled a Chris Webber. hahahahahahaha

Congrats Raptors. 

Sure, but it actually gave them a chance to win.  Without that (illegal) timeout, the clock continues to run and they wouldn't have gotten a shot off.  With the technical, they still had a chance.

8 minutes ago, Pelado said:

If not for Klay going down, I could have been very wrong.

Sure, but it actually gave them a chance to win.  Without that (illegal) timeout, the clock continues to run and they wouldn't have gotten a shot off.  With the technical, they still had a chance.

Yeah. No, it was very advantageous, but still, it was funny to see actually happen again almost 30 years later. 

I was hoping Golden State would win to send the old O-Rena out with a win. They probably would have been swamped in Game 7, but we'll never know. Either way, it was a great series. Glad Kawhi got his ring. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I was hoping Golden State would win to send the old O-Rena out with a win. 

I would have agreed with this before Oakland, and the Bay Area in general, was filled with insufferable douche bags. It wasn't that long ago that it was full of smart, loyal sports fans. 

Tearing down Oracle and crossing the bridge for a shiny waterfront arena is part of a rough trend over there right now, IMO. The people in that region are gonna turn around soon and not have any physical manifestation of a pretty great sports history. But what do they care - the ones who have any connection to that history can't afford to go anyways.

But I guess I'm just old and cranky.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

12 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I agree with everything but the Lakers. It’s Knicks or resigning for more money.

Nah, he is a west coast kid. Could  see him going to the Clippers  though. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I would have agreed with this before Oakland, and the Bay Area in general, was filled with insufferable douche bags. It wasn't that long ago that it was full of smart, loyal sports fans. 

Tearing down Oracle and crossing the bridge for a shiny waterfront arena is part of a rough trend over there right now, IMO. The people in that region are gonna turn around soon and not have any physical manifestation of a pretty great sports history. But what do they care - the ones who have any connection to that history can't afford to go anyways.

But I guess I'm just old and cranky.

The Warriors and Raiders fan in me is nodding in agreement. The Dodgers fan in me just reads this and says “fck the Giants”.