Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Kawhi vs Warriors

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If that’s the case, it was a misdiagnosis and the Warriors medical team should be sued for malpractice. 

We don't know this. KD and the doctors may have been completely aware, maybe they just reported it as a calf injury. And maybe it was KD's decision to play.  

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I was rooting for Toronto. That said, has there ever been an NBA champion which had so much go their way in the finals?

Not like when Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy and Cooper all got hurt before or in game one of the finals against the Bulls or anything.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

Not like when Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy and Cooper all got hurt before or in game one of the finals against the Bulls or anything.

That was against the Bad Boy Pistons, who swept them in '89

50 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Is kawhi going to New York or LA?

He'll stay in Toronto

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

That was against the Bad Boy Pistons, who swept them in '89

That was also against the Bulls.   The Lakers were starting 2 guys from the CBA by the end of the series.   Magic played but was hurt, Cooper was hurt even before the series started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_NBA_Finals

The Lakers were facing elimination, and the absences of James Worthy and Byron Scott were not any help to the Lakers. 

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Was Durant’s Achilles injury a freak thing, or the result of favoring his previous calf injury? Did the Warriors put him back into action before he was ready? It’s a question that a lot of people are going to be asking. The medical people appear to be saying it was a freak injury. Whatever the case Durant’s value as a free agent just took a dive. I smell a law suit coming. 

KD wouldn’t have played if he didn’t want to. That was his choice, the Warriors couldn’t make him do anything. He knew he wasn’t right, but went out there anyway. That needs to be in the first paragraph of his NBA obituary. He was the best player in the world, at the peak of his powers, injured; and he answered the call when his team’s back was against the wall.

He’ll still get paid. What Leonard just did shows it’s worth gambling on potential top 3 talent even if their hurt. But we might have seen the best of Durant. And it was good. It was damn good.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

53 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

He'll stay in Toronto

He will be a Laker!!!!!!!!!!    I would leave if i was him.  Nothing to gain in Canada now.  He will be forever a hero there if he leaves now.

9 hours ago, renoskier said:

I never did buy the "calf" thing. I think this was always an Achilles strain or partial tear. Playing too soon made it worse.

A calf strain is an achilles injury.  You tear a muscle in the calf you are tearing it from the achilles tendon.

The player wanted to play.  give him that respect.

Not to mention he has been the best basketball player in the league for at least the last 3 years.   He is unstoppable on offense, and in the playoffs when motivated he is the best defender in the NBA and that includes Kawhi and everyone else.  

4 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

He will be a Laker!!!!!!!!!!    I would leave if i was him.  Nothing to gain in Canada now.  He will be forever a hero there if he leaves now.

A calf strain is an achilles injury.  You tear a muscle in the calf you are tearing it from the achilles tendon.

The player wanted to play.  give him that respect.

Not to mention he has been the best basketball player in the league for at least the last 3 years.   He is unstoppable on offense, and in the playoffs when motivated he is the best defender in the NBA and that includes Kawhi and everyone else.  

I agree with everything but the Lakers. It’s Knicks or resigning for more money.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.