Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Kawhi vs Warriors

Oh well it was a solid run. Been a Warriors fans since 03/04 season. The "believe" year and that past 7 years (even if we get killed on Thursday) is still a lifetime worth of success. Not to mention, although not champion caliber, the Warriors should still be solid the next few years. 

Great game.  Great atmosphere.  Kawhi almost got them over the finish line.  The Splash brothers hit 2 threes in the last few minutes and GS forced a TO and missed three to complete comeback.  Teams looked evenly matched and it will come down to three points shooting.  I still like Toronto's chances.  They match up very well on defense and are deeper.  GS has the Finals experience in Curry, Thompson, and Green.  Looks like it is probably going to game 7.  

10 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Don’t care who who wins but when Toronto does it will be like fresno beating bsu’s 2nd team. Not a lot of satisfaction there. 

Look at you getting in on the action! @halfmanhalfbronco is somewhere smiling. In other news, I may start cheering for the Warriors because the Raptors fans cheered Durant's injury. I hate so much when fans do that. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

10 hours ago, thedude15 said:

And now Kevin ruptures his Achilles. Yeah he is probably not gonna resign with the Warriors. 

KD has a player option on his contract for 2019-20.  31.5 million.  he could still turn it down and take his chances this summer, but that's no longer a done deal.  He's gonna be 31, and players with Achilles injuries are often (but not always) never the same.  OTOH, the Knicks are his biggest suitor, and the Knicks are, well, the Knicks.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 hours ago, thedude15 said:

Oh well it was a solid run. Been a Warriors fans since 03/04 season. The "believe" year and that past 7 years (even if we get killed on Thursday) is still a lifetime worth of success. Not to mention, although not champion caliber, the Warriors should still be solid the next few years. 

How is it even close to being over?  They got hit by injuries this year.  They will probably lose Durant but they can use his cap space for much needed depth.  The Warriors won titles without Durant before and can do it again.  

49 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

How is it even close to being over?  They got hit by injuries this year.  They will probably lose Durant but they can use his cap space for much needed depth.  The Warriors won titles without Durant before and can do it again.  

Whether they have cap space is up to Durant.  Player option.  If he opts in (see above), they will stay over the cap.  And if he opts out, his cap hold keeps them over the cap until he signs elsewhere unless they renounce his rights.  So Warriors really need him to opt out to have any space.  But I agree they are not necessarily done.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Stupid timeout by Nurse when the Raptors were on fire and had a ton of momentum.  It ended up costing them the game.  Still, Warriors make 20 threes's, shot 48% from downtown, Toronto uncharacteristically missed several free throws and GS still only wins by 1.

7 hours ago, alum93 said:

Looks like it is probably going to game 7.  

Since at the get-go I was horribly wrong about the outcome of the series but now I just can't see the Warriors winning another game, it probably will.

Boom goes the dynamite.

10 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Look at you getting in on the action! @halfmanhalfbronco is somewhere smiling. In other news, I may start cheering for the Warriors because the Raptors fans cheered Durant's injury. I hate so much when fans do that. 

Well, they are hockey fans too, so there’s that to take into account. 

Was Durant’s Achilles injury a freak thing, or the result of favoring his previous calf injury? Did the Warriors put him back into action before he was ready? It’s a question that a lot of people are going to be asking. The medical people appear to be saying it was a freak injury. Whatever the case Durant’s value as a free agent just took a dive. I smell a law suit coming. 

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Was Durant’s Achilles injury a freak thing, or the result of favoring his previous calf injury? Did the Warriors put him back into action before he was ready? It’s a question that a lot of people are going to be asking. The medical people appear to be saying it was a freak injury. Whatever the case Durant’s value as a free agent just took a dive. I smell a law suit coming. 

I never did buy the "calf" thing. I think this was always an Achilles strain or partial tear. Playing too soon made it worse.

23 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I never did buy the "calf" thing. I think this was always an Achilles strain or partial tear. Playing too soon made it worse.

If that’s the case, it was a misdiagnosis and the Warriors medical team should be sued for malpractice.