Sign in to follow this  
fbpack

Warren Washington transfers to Nevada

Oregon st 6"11 Warren Washington transfering to Nevada sit 1 play 3

Screenshot_2019-05-27-11-11-58~2.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Good get... A poor man's Jordan Brown, if you will.

The Alford effect?

This kid has elite size and length with a very high ceiling.

While at New Mexico for 6 seasons, besides the fact that he also has 6 MWC titles, Alford produced 8 players with All MWC honors, and 5 went on to play in the NBA. That’s almost producing an average of 1 NBA player each year. Of the 5, one 4 star, two 3 stars, one 2 star and one that was never graded. 

Washington will have a developmental season to sit out and improve, and then play 3. He looks like the kind of player that can eventually end up with All MWC honors, and maybe even make it in the NBA.

Whenever I hear Boise State sign a player like that I immediately think project. That’s how our recruiting rolls with big men. 

I like the pick up.  It's promising to see that he is actually good enough as a true freshman to log minutes in nearly every contest.   I think after the year of sitting out he can be a pretty good contributor.  I don't think he's a star player, but a key rotational player no doubt.  

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Whenever I hear Boise State sign a player like that I immediately think project. That’s how our recruiting rolls with big men. 

Up above they are saying NBA potential. If that is the case it is completely opposite of bsu big man signees. 

19 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Up above they are saying NBA potential. If that is the case it is completely opposite of bsu big man signees. 

Boise bigs are usually big soft dudes who can shoot the 3 ball. This guy isn’t that player. 

10 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Boise bigs are usually big soft dudes who can shoot the 3 ball. This guy isn’t that player. 

The last few years they couldn’t even do that. We haven’t had a decent post in years. Sengfelder was a good PF for us two years ago. He could shoot the three and wasn’t soft. 

Oregon and Oregon State have been experiencing crazy turnover the last couple years, losing players they signed to smaller schools.  Miles Norris, Michael Cage Jr, JaQuori McLaughlin and now Warren Washington.  That's not even counting players who left early for the draft.

4 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

Who are you arguing with? The guy was saying that the BSU bigs are not good. You were kind of just reaffirming his point  without realizing it.

45 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Has there ever been a recruit Convert didn’t think had pro potential?

Has there ever been a person with a bigger black hole in their head?

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This kid has elite size and length with a very high ceiling.

While at New Mexico for 6 seasons, besides the fact that he also has 6 MWC titles, Alford produced 8 players with All MWC honors, and 5 went on to play in the NBA. That’s almost producing an average of 1 NBA player each year. Of the 5, one 4 star, two 3 stars, one 2 star and one that was never graded. 

Washington will have a developmental season to sit out and improve, and then play 3. He looks like the kind of player that can eventually end up with All MWC honors, and maybe even make it in the NBA.

50 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Has there ever been a recruit Convert didn’t think had pro potential?

Doubtful he'll ever play any higher than G-League.  One of his comps on Pomeroy is former UNM center Obij Aget.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Doubtful he'll ever play any higher than G-League.  One of his comps on Pomeroy is former UNM center Obij Aget.

Maybe, maybe not. He still has 4 years of development ahead, so predicting his future is a little silly. 

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Maybe, maybe not. He still has 4 years of development ahead, so predicting his future is a little silly. 

Says the guy who entered the thread by predicting his future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6