Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fbpack

Warren Washington transfers to Nevada

Recommended Posts

Oregon st 6"11 Warren Washington transfering to Nevada sit 1 play 3

Screenshot_2019-05-27-11-11-58~2.png

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good get... A poor man's Jordan Brown, if you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Alford effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid has elite size and length with a very high ceiling.

While at New Mexico for 6 seasons, besides the fact that he also has 6 MWC titles, Alford produced 8 players with All MWC honors, and 5 went on to play in the NBA. That’s almost producing an average of 1 NBA player each year. Of the 5, one 4 star, two 3 stars, one 2 star and one that was never graded. 

Washington will have a developmental season to sit out and improve, and then play 3. He looks like the kind of player that can eventually end up with All MWC honors, and maybe even make it in the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I hear Boise State sign a player like that I immediately think project. That’s how our recruiting rolls with big men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the pick up.  It's promising to see that he is actually good enough as a true freshman to log minutes in nearly every contest.   I think after the year of sitting out he can be a pretty good contributor.  I don't think he's a star player, but a key rotational player no doubt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Whenever I hear Boise State sign a player like that I immediately think project. That’s how our recruiting rolls with big men. 

Up above they are saying NBA potential. If that is the case it is completely opposite of bsu big man signees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Up above they are saying NBA potential. If that is the case it is completely opposite of bsu big man signees. 

Boise bigs are usually big soft dudes who can shoot the 3 ball. This guy isn’t that player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Boise bigs are usually big soft dudes who can shoot the 3 ball. This guy isn’t that player. 

The last few years they couldn’t even do that. We haven’t had a decent post in years. Sengfelder was a good PF for us two years ago. He could shoot the three and wasn’t soft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon and Oregon State have been experiencing crazy turnover the last couple years, losing players they signed to smaller schools.  Miles Norris, Michael Cage Jr, JaQuori McLaughlin and now Warren Washington.  That's not even counting players who left early for the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

Up above they are saying NBA potential. If that is the case it is completely opposite of bsu big man signees. 

Who are you arguing with? The guy was saying that the BSU bigs are not good. You were kind of just reaffirming his point  without realizing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Has there ever been a recruit Convert didn’t think had pro potential?

Has there ever been a person with a bigger black hole in their head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

This kid has elite size and length with a very high ceiling.

While at New Mexico for 6 seasons, besides the fact that he also has 6 MWC titles, Alford produced 8 players with All MWC honors, and 5 went on to play in the NBA. That’s almost producing an average of 1 NBA player each year. Of the 5, one 4 star, two 3 stars, one 2 star and one that was never graded. 

Washington will have a developmental season to sit out and improve, and then play 3. He looks like the kind of player that can eventually end up with All MWC honors, and maybe even make it in the NBA.

 

50 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Has there ever been a recruit Convert didn’t think had pro potential?

Doubtful he'll ever play any higher than G-League.  One of his comps on Pomeroy is former UNM center Obij Aget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

 

Doubtful he'll ever play any higher than G-League.  One of his comps on Pomeroy is former UNM center Obij Aget.

Maybe, maybe not. He still has 4 years of development ahead, so predicting his future is a little silly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Maybe, maybe not. He still has 4 years of development ahead, so predicting his future is a little silly. 

Says the guy who entered the thread by predicting his future.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×