Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

So Much for Marvin Menzies Recruiting WAC Level Players

27 minutes ago, renoskier said:

In two years? As a red shirt sophomore, I'd bet he gets at least 20 minutes per game.

Funny how that works.  MM recruiting wasn’t on par with Rice but he did land a few good ones.  Curious to see how the new guy recruits.   

Not to rain on the poster’s victory lap but I don’t recall too many saying Marvin couldn’t recruit.  Wasn’t at the same level as Rice obviously but he brought in some good talent.  Among Marvin’s big problems were his ability to build a team (big problem of Rice’s) and his tactical abilities.   

As for Ntambwe, I’m sure the success Culver had at TT had to impress him.  Ntambwe has a lot of potential on the offensive end and it showed at times at UNLV, the big question marks for him will be consistency at the offensive end and of course defense.

Given he has a season to sit out if Beard and Mark Adams can’t get him to be at least be solid on defense there is no helping him in that aspect of his game.   

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

That may be, but he got legitimate players.  I said that all along, and I’m being proven right.

So he just couldnt coach is the problem.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

That may be, but he got legitimate players.  I said that all along, and I’m being proven right.

I think he had some good players, but he needed more talented guard depth.

Adding Ethan, Juice and JPL probably puts UNLV on another level. Plus the entire team coming back a year better as a group. Last year there was not enough.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

So he just couldnt coach is the problem.

Nah just fans thought they were as smart as a guy that made the tournament more (in time coached) than the school that hired him in the first place.

Siakem is getting a near max!!!!

Just shows you how dumb some of the fans really are. But they have In and Out Burger now and can relish in the best of the div 3 grade players and kinda big fishes in little ponds...... 

Just saying lol....

11 hours ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Nah just fans thought they were as smart as a guy that made the tournament more (in time coached) than the school that hired him in the first place.

Siakem is getting a near max!!!!

Just shows you how dumb some of the fans really are. But they have In and Out Burger now and can relish in the best of the div 3 grade players and kinda big fishes in little ponds...... 

Just saying lol....

Did you play for Marv? Serious question 

1 hour ago, Cheek Patch said:

Did you play for Marv? Serious question 

No its not a serious question. 

Why is it the tactic of so many here to not address the content, but just attack the poster?

Players dropped facts. Dont be salty.

3 hours ago, qwelish said:

No its not a serious question. 

Why is it the tactic of so many here to not address the content, but just attack the poster?

Players dropped facts. Dont be salty.

No that was a serious question not an attack. I get the vibe by some of his posts he is a “player (basketball) in Vegas” that’s why I asked. And then you wonder why know one likes  you... you’re kind of a dick. 

Don’t be so salty.

27 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

No that was a serious question not an attack. I get the vibe by some of his posts he is a “player (basketball) in Vegas” that’s why I asked. And then you wonder why know one likes  you :hahaha:... you’re kind of a dick. 

Don’t be so salty.

Well, says a lot about you if you expect him to say, 'yeah, im wink adams!'.. on a site where everyone is anon. 

The question was just so goddam dumb that I assumed you were trolling. But you were actually serious.:facepalm:

Carry on.

4 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Well, says a lot about you if you expect him to say, 'yeah, im wink adams!'.. on a site where everyone is anon. 

The question was just so goddam dumb that I assumed you were trolling. But you were actually serious.:facepalm:

Carry on.

Wow! What’s with the personal attacks? I thought you were above that and only posted FACTS!!

I seriously don’t think I’ve ever engaged you on this forum and mostly ignore you and this is why. You’re shtick is tired and old. Get a life

34 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

Wow! What’s with the personal attacks? I thought you were above that and only posted FACTS!!

I seriously don’t think I’ve ever engaged you on this forum and mostly ignore you and this is why. You’re shtick is tired and old. Get a life

So you didnt just call me a dick? 

I never attacked you. You got caught being a jerk and I called you out.

Now youre trying to play the victim.

#weak

Screenshot_20190527-122942_Instagram.jpg

I interact with a lot of people on these boards while disagreeing, but it stays respectful.

I even admit and apologize when im wrong. But theres a handful of you guys who are just trolls and if you clap at me, I will clap back.

Dont start none. Wont be none.