Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwelish

UNLV 2019-20 Expectations (2020 recruiting)

UNLV 2019-20 Expectations (2020 recruiting)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins for UNLV in Otzelbergers 1st year?

2 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

"A real coach", lol.

Where were all the offers from Houston or any other D1 school, for that matter?  Why did he have to settle at becoming an assistant coach at a bumfuk "school" thats never won a tourney game.

"A real coach" indeed. 

TJ will have growing pains; you are welcome to follow Mediocre Marv to GCU if ya want.

Dude 

Can 

Troll 

In 

Peace!!!!

3 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

"A real coach", lol.

Where were all the offers from Houston or any other D1 school, for that matter?  Why did he have to settle at becoming an assistant coach at a bumfuk "school" thats never won a tourney game.

"A real coach" indeed. 

TJ will have growing pains; you are welcome to follow Mediocre Marv to GCU if ya want.

Houston coach didn’t leave!

also he’s paid as more than the top coaches in the wac and c-USA and all those little leagues and even mid major leagues as an assistant. Use your critical thinking skills lmao 

15 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Houston coach didn’t leave!

also he’s paid as more than the top coaches in the wac and c-USA and all those little leagues and even mid major leagues as an assistant. Use your critical thinking skills lmao 

If I remember correctly he interviewed with UC @&$%## RIVERSIDE and they gave him a hard pass. Not one single D1 program showed any interest.  Not even the Southeastern Tennessee Techs of the world.

Good for him that he managed to land that gig at GCU. I say that honestly too; thats far more than i'll ever make and he doesnt even have any pressure of the head guy. 

Still doesnt take away the lack of HC interest he was shown, which frankly would be astounding for a "real coach".

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

4 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

If I remember correctly he interviewed with UC @&$%## RIVERSIDE and they gave him a hard pass. Not one single D1 program showed any interest.  Not even the Southeastern Tennessee Techs of the world.

Good for him that he managed to land that gig at GCU. I say that honestly too; thats far more than i'll ever make and he doesnt even have any pressure of the head guy. 

Still doesnt take away the lack of HC interest he was shown, which frankly would be astounding for a "real coach".

Lmao bro you don’t know any inside information  (you don’t know where he applied and for what reasons lmao) 

like I said he’s paid more than alot of mid major coaches as a assistant and that’s for a reason don’t be dumb 

Just now, PlayersinVegas said:

Lmao bro you don’t know any inside information like I said he’s paid more than alot of mid major coaches as a assistant and that’s for a reason don’t be dumb 

Yes he is.

Still doesn't take away the fact that not one program showed a modicum of interest in wanting Mediocre Marv as their HC. 

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

10 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

Queerish waiting til the end of the season again before he votes?

Just waiting for the finalized schedule, ma'am.

But I see you already picked a .500 to losing season.  Great "improvement", eh?

VincentVagina picked with PH. But PH is still smarter.

Its funny how all  the people who are and were most vocal about attacking and not supporting the previous coach, have now turned into bleeding heart feminists for Totz. 

Objectivity is never welcome. Only goose-stepping.

Even discussing recruiting, resume and the perception of the job done at the previous location is now totally off limits or youre being negative. Even though its the same activity they regularly engage in. 

I was super critical of MM. I just refused to make up lies or be disrespectful, the overwhelming narrative here. So that makes anyone a MM butt kisser in their book of illiteracy. What a bunch of lames.

6 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Its funny how all  the people who are and were most vocal about attacking and not supporting the previous coach, have now turned into bleeding heart feminists for Totz. 

Objectivity is never welcome. Only goose-stepping.

Even discussing recruiting, resume and the perception of the job done at the previous location is now totally off limits or youre being negative. Even though its the same activuty they regularly engage in. 

I was super critical of MM. I just refused to make up lies or be disrespectful, the overwhelming narrative here. So that makes anyone a MM butt kisser in their book of illiteracy. What a bunch of lames.

1B106FF3-31E2-40BD-9B93-073316E7B575.jpeg

13 hours ago, rebelcuff said:

Marv was awful. We had no identity. Otz has a system. I think we will surprise.

Go ahead and log that 20+ vote in the poll. 

MM system was to reduce the other teams shots by controlling the boards. He needed better guard play. They dominated in that area.

Totz focuses on the 2 to 3 ratio and early offense. But defensively his teams struggled and based on the caliber of conference and SOS at sdsu, those struggles could continue.  Hes been recruiting similarly to what he did at sdsu but even MM schedule would be a huge improvement to what Totz faced at sdsu.

Im not certain that translates to a surprising schedule, but it is possible.

5 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

lets ge honest guys do you see anyone Totz brought in this year that’ll be in the g league tho!?!! 

Yeah, maybe Jenkins. 

Mooring > Jenkins

To be fair, could you imagine JOJO in Totz guard centered offense? I wouldnt mind a Mooring/Jenkins backcourt.

I thought Marv mismanaged Jovan when he moved him off the ball for Jordan Johnson.