Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecs Rising

SJSU AD Marie Tuite under fire...athletes speak out...

3 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I used complex instead of field because of the tennis complex and golf complex. It's not unusual for coaches and players to fund raise for facilities events etc. SJSU is not unique in this situation. Many of the non-revenue sports have to fight for scraps at many universities. Discontent is common. 

If I remember correctly, Pat Hill and the AD faced criticism and scrutiny from the T&F coach b/c bulldog football received a training table and other teams didn't. 

Golf is also not a complex. Just some grass and holes. You didn’t move past phase 1 because of a lack of funds. Never looked into your tennis facility, but probably the same shit 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I’m wondering if this misappropriation will delay the scheduled groundbreaking. 

I just don’t understand where the track and field and softball athlete get off complaining.  That football complex will be so sweet.  Not tops in the conference or anything, or the state, or even the city.  Actually, it’s near the bottom of those categories. But still freaking sweet 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

On 5/23/2019 at 5:36 PM, Bruininthebay said:

SJSU should hire him...his down fall was hiring and supporting Tubby Smith til the very end. SJSU would be lucky to have a coach like Tubby. The letter seems baseless IMHO.

Bowen hired Mike Norvell and got Memphis the home-home series with UCLA.

our interim AD is Allie Prescott. He graduated from Memphis with a law degree and became General Manager of the Memphis Redbirds from 1997-2001 (PCL Manager of the Year in 2000). He also served as an SEC college basketball referee in the 80's. 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

19 hours ago, godogsgo said:

I just don’t understand where the track and field and softball athlete get off complaining.  That football complex will be so sweet.  Not tops in the conference or anything, or the state, or even the city.  Actually, it’s near the bottom of those categories. But still freaking sweet 

Having just put on my MAKE SJSU GREAT AGAIN cap, if I was in charge, here's what I'd do.

1. Gather up all the loose change in every seat cushion in the athletics building (assuming any seats actually have cushions) and then calculate how much money I've got to invest in the stadium. To the penny. Literally.

2. Get somebody from the computer science department to create a simulation of how wide cameras televising games from Spartan Stadium can pan for crowd shots.

3. Use all available money to improve the stands which can be panned to.

4. Such money would exclude funds which would be set aside to purchase (1) tarps to place over all seats which could not be shown on broadcasts and (2) loudspeakers which would pipe in simulated crowd noise from the tarped-over area.

Yeah, so doing might be intellectually dishonest but trust me on this, Sparta. As an Aztec, I know all about putting lipstick on piggish stadiums.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Having just put on my MAKE SJSU GREAT AGAIN cap, if I was in charge, here's what I'd do.

1. Gather up all the loose change in every seat cushion in the athletics building (assuming any seats actually have cushions) and then calculate how much money I've got to invest in the stadium. To the penny. Literally.

2. Get somebody from the computer science department to create a simulation of how wide cameras televising games from Spartan Stadium can pan for crowd shots.

3. Use all available money to improve the stands which can be panned to.

4. Such money would exclude funds which would be set aside to purchase (1) tarps to place over all seats which could not be shown on broadcasts and (2) loudspeakers which would pipe in simulated crowd noise from the tarped-over area.

Yeah, so doing might be intellectually dishonest but trust me on this, Sparta. As an Aztec, I know all about putting lipstick on piggish stadiums.

You cant leave out the fireworks, though. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

I'm concerned that the strain of attempting to be competitive in the MW with the Spartan athletic budget is affecting the institution more broadly than you would want the athletic department to.  Sports should be the positive part of an institution and SJSU is evidently out of balance in terms of the positives and negatives despite the huge positive that the football ops building and other recent construction in south campus is for the athletic department.

I pointed this out before.  Under the current bylaws of the conference, it is almost impossible to expel a member school.  BUT, SJSU has averaged under 15,000 attendance for football for 2 straight years.  That makes them no longer eligible to be FBS.  Point this out to the NCAA, have them demoted to FCS, and expel them from the conference.  It isn't going to get any better, and they are dragging down the rest of the conference.

They are one good coach and two good recruiting classes from competing in this conference.  I have significant doubt that those things are just around the corner, but I think it's disingenuous to say it can't happen.  There is no reasonable replacement out there for SJSU.  If we ditch them, we downsize.  I wouldn't be opposed to that, but that is the option.

Time to kick out SJSU and bring in a team that can actually be better competition and has less issue putting fans in the stands. I know people hate them on here but BYU would be the best option for increasing conference SOS, exposure and regional opponent. Hell NMSU at the moment would be a much better choice than SJSU.

13 hours ago, utgrizfan said:

Time to kick out SJSU and bring in a team that can actually be better competition and has less issue putting fans in the stands. I know people hate them on here but BYU would be the best option for increasing conference SOS, exposure and regional opponent. Hell NMSU at the moment would be a much better choice than SJSU.

Yes, BYU should just rejoin the MWC.  What a unique take!

On 5/25/2019 at 6:29 PM, PackNation said:

Put creeps in charge of the fireworks. What could go wrong? 🔥🔥🔥

First thing I’d do is give you and convert your sparklers so you’d STFU for awhile..... #twocuties

b54fd908122d8cfe37ff29b68ba5ad3d.jpg

16 hours ago, utgrizfan said:

BYU doesn't want to come back, which is fine by me.  There is no other school that is a better replacement.  Expel them, and downsize.  That's fine for basketball.  A ten team conference allows everyone to play everyone home and home every year.  The issue is football.  Time for Hawaii to fish or cut bait.  Lose San Jose and Hawaii.  Go to ten teams.  Slide Boise to the West division, where they've always wanted to be.  Problem solved.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:16 PM, LKGates said:

I pointed this out before.  Under the current bylaws of the conference, it is almost impossible to expel a member school.  BUT, SJSU has averaged under 15,000 attendance for football for 2 straight years.  That makes them no longer eligible to be FBS.  Point this out to the NCAA, have them demoted to FCS, and expel them from the conference.  It isn't going to get any better, and they are dragging down the rest of the conference.

The NCAA will never enforce the attendance rule.

On 5/25/2019 at 7:23 PM, Bruininthebay said:

I'm concerned that the strain of attempting to be competitive in the MW with the Spartan athletic budget is affecting the institution more broadly than you would want the athletic department to.  Sports should be the positive part of an institution and SJSU is evidently out of balance in terms of the positives and negatives despite the huge positive that the football ops building and other recent construction in south campus is for the athletic department.

So what are you saying?  Time for SJSU to re-evaluate which conference it belongs to and how much they should sponsor sports?  

What is the sentiment of the community?

1 hour ago, Wyobraska said:

So what are you saying?  Time for SJSU to re-evaluate which conference it belongs to and how much they should sponsor sports?  

What is the sentiment of the community?

This was proposed on an FCS group page but bring back the WAC at the FCS level to create 2 out west Conferences which would benefit all as it would allow each team to play everyone else in their conference. Would also allow SJSU to play in a California heavy conference and the Mountain West if they couldn't get rid of Hawaii could always add a school like UTEP: 

BIG SKY

Montana, MSU, Idaho, ISU, Weber, EWU, PSU, SUU

WAC

SJSU, Dixie State, Cal Poly, Sac State, UC-Davis, UNC, NAU, *NMSU/*UVU/*CWU 

(NMSU: Would have to decide Independence at FBS isn't worth it, Utah Valley has a lot of rumors and speculation of them starting a football program, Central Washington has talked about moving up to the FCS level after Dixie State moved)