Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecs Rising

SJSU AD Marie Tuite under fire...athletes speak out...

Athletes have delivered a 19 page letter to the school prez with their accounts of athletic life at SJSU

Let's just say it doesn't paint a rosy picture...

http://www.sjsunews.com/spartan_daily/news/article_2df49418-7cbf-11e9-b820-538fb01837c2.html

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

“Marie Tuite is one of the most incompetent staff members at San Jose State University let alone to be in the position as athletic director . . . Her excuse for lack of knowledge for what is going on with any other sports program is to remind us that ‘football must come first.’ While that may be the case for universities with successful football programs, she has failed to see that this is not the case for San Jose State . . . Her sense of urgency to address the fact of no baseball facility has been close to none. Yet the program with 3 wins over the last 2 seasons continuously is recognized and rewarded . . . 

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Aztecs Rising said:

Athletes have delivered a 19 page letter to the school prez with their accounts of athletic life at SJSU

Let's just say it doesn't paint a rosy picture...

http://www.sjsunews.com/spartan_daily/news/article_2df49418-7cbf-11e9-b820-538fb01837c2.html

This is already being talked about in another thread:

She's done a good job on the fundraising side, but if those accusations are legitimate, I think another professional with fundraising skills can be found to lead SJSU athletics.

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

:lol:

They way football has been a dumpster fire, I expect her to give the team more attention. That's what everyone on this board wants, right? For SJSU football (and basketball) to improve.

Terrible. I come away from the letter just feeling truly awful for these student athletes. If my kid was playing at SJS, I would be livid after reading that. The transfer of so many good b-ball players in recent years starts to make a lot of sense after reading that.

And fball is their ‘top priority’? Could’ve fooled the hell out of me.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

@Akkula @retrofade

How well done was the analysis presented by Athlete 14?

It kind of reminded me of a first year psychology 101 student, trying to apply what they had just learned in class.

Guest #1Stunner

I expect that the Ladies are circling the wagons, and working on assembling a letter from former athletes singing praises to the President and AD.  Rebutting the charges in the letter.

This is getting weird.

sjm-sjsuad-0520-06.jpg?w=620

Tuite needs to go!

Image result for waving goodbye gif

Sounds like nothing more than an entire disgruntled women's softball team. Why is is being presented like it is more widespread than that? These gals are upset that the AD shows favoritism toward the revenue generating sports and doesn't stick up for the females like she should because she is one? pfft...interesting coming from a group that could probably grow a beard faster than anyone on their football team.

Just now, godogsgo said:

TrueAg for SJSU AD!

As my first act, I will shut the entire shit show down. As my last act before resigning, we will install a permanent tent over the 30k seat (a complete lie) football stadium where a prominent circus will move in and call it home. It will be the best entertainment provided in that space in decades.

1 minute ago, TrueAg said:

Sounds like nothing more than an entire disgruntled women's softball team. Why is is being presented like it is more widespread than that? These gals are upset that the AD shows favoritism toward the revenue generating sports and doesn't stick up for the females like she should because she is one? pfft...interesting coming from a group that could probably grow a beard faster than anyone on their football team.

It looks like two of them are/were baseball players, one diver, and one swimmer... the rest look to be softball.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow. Their athletes can’t even get the basics that other schools are getting and she’s spending $10k on office furniture? 

During our sitdown, she bragged that she had paid for her office furniture through money raised from donors.

What she failed to mention was that according to the Spartan Foundation account, a senior woman administrator at SJSU received more than $17,000 in 2014 from that account.

An anonymous source who worked in the athletic department at the time said that at least $10,000 was spent remodeling Tuite’s office. Yeah 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Just now, retrofade said:

It looks like two of them are/were baseball players, one diver, and one swimmer... the rest look to be softball.

haha....yep, looks like the softball team got all bent out shape and decided to try and drum up some support and that is all they could get to join their cause.