Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeremymauss

so... what would happen if New Mexico and New Mexico State combined teams

We answer that question for you, or at least try to. The news out of New Mexico could save some money from the state by just combining New Mexico and NMSU athletics. We did an exercise on how good a combined football team would be. Spoiler: Not very good as even with both teams together and the schedule for the teams would result in a losing record.

https://mwwire.com/2019/05/23/what-would-a-combined-new-mexico-new-mexico-state-football-team-look-like/

Guaranteed wins: Incarnate Word, UTEP

Guaranteed losses: at Alabama, at Boise State, Fresno State, at Georgia Southern, at Notre Dame, at Ole Miss, Utah State, at Washington State

Worse than 50/50 games: Air Force, Hawaii, at Nevada, San Diego State, at Wyoming

50/50 games: Liberty, Colorado State, San Jose State

Better than 50/50 games: at Central Michigan, Sam Houston State

Projected record: 7-13

3 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

I read about this in the journal, here's the article.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1319348/loboaggie-athletics-merger-proposed.html

That would be crazy combining rival schools and fan bases. As a Lobo I can tell you this rivalry divides families come game day and anytime college sports are brought up. 

Good to see the Rio Grande Foundation tackling those tough, foremost issues that are front and center in the daily lives of most New Mexicans.

I’d shoot myself... that’s all.

Edit:

no... on second thought, no, I wouldn’t shoot myself. No more buying season tickets, no more Lobo club donations, no more trips to Laramie/Fort Collins/ Colorado Springs, and other selection MW locations, for football and basketball games. 

Fire sale, or Goodwill donation, of all Lobo gear. Then move back out of state, back to Washington and being a Huskies fan again... that is all! 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I’d shoot myself... that’s all.

Edit:

no... on second thought, no, I wouldn’t shoot myself. No more buying season tickets, no more Lobo club donations, no more trips to Laramie/Fort Collins/ Colorado Springs, and other selection MW locations, for football and basketball games. 

Fire sale, or Goodwill donation, of all Lobo gear. Then move back out of state, back to Washington and being a Huskies fan again... that is all! 

Seriously....Get a hold of yourself!   Calm down, Friend!

If you don't start making some sense, I will revoke your New Mexico citizenship   I have that right!!!!

It’s shit like this that give us Libertarians a bad name. I’m with @LoboMan59. I’ll burn all my Lobo gear and become an ASU fan. No way in hell will I ever root for anything that even remotely is associated with NMSU!

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Seriously....Get a hold of yourself!   Calm down, Friend!

If you don't start making some sense, I will revoke your New Mexico citizenship   I have that right!!!!

Stunner! Come on man.. you KNOW, real Lobos do NOT want anything to do with the school down south... NADA! Your either not knowing that, or not aware of the real hatred between us, is enough for ME to REVOKE your NM citizenship, and then ‘B-slap’ you as I walk out the door! 

Can’t tell if I’m more disappointed, or hurt, by your statement... Next, you’ll be telling us that you’d be fine with combining BYU and Utah... SMH! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Stunner! Come on man.. you KNOW, real Lobos do NOT want anything to do with the school down south... NADA! Your either not knowing that, or not aware of the real hatred between us, is enough for ME to REVOKE your NM citizenship, and then ‘B-slap’ you as I walk out the door! 

Can’t tell if I’m more disappointed, or hurt, by your statement... Next, you’ll be telling us that you’d be fine with combining BYU and Utah... SMH! :P

I'm more concerned that you would dare type that you want to donate your Lobo Gear to the Goodwill.

Get a hold of yourself, man!!!!!!!!

Image result for byu utah hat

DROmTQwVoAAZ_WG.jpg

100_6316.JPG

I’ve got some cool stuff though, stickers, decals, magnetic Lobo shields, gloves, scarfs,  coolers, coffee mugs, football jerseys, tee shirts, jackets, hoodies, pajama pants... all priced by goodwill at just the right price of those that follow that school down south. 

You've  got to keep in kind, the state’s minimum wage, and the buying power of those down south. Shopping at goodwill is the highlight of the week for them, on the 1st and 15th of each month!