Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

*Insert Boise State trucker school joke here*

I don’t see a problem with it. When Wyoming starts collecting better than $500K annually for simply letting some outfit slap their name on the outside of the A-A, I’ll knock Boise for their choice of corporate naming sponsor. Until then, good on ‘em.

12 minutes ago, 307dude said:

I don’t see a problem with it. When Wyoming starts collecting better than $500K annually for simply letting some outfit slap their name on the outside of the A-A, I’ll knock Boise for their choice of corporate naming sponsor. Until then, good on ‘em.

Same

But they should’ve gone with this:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

That must be one of those Boise State guys with Ivy League offers that @halfmanhalfbronco raves about.

4.0 student, no doubt.

Definitely some Ivy League caliber driving skills. 

24 minutes ago, 307dude said:

And I guess I’m missing where the trucking angle comes into play here. Extra Mile operates gas stations/convenience stores, not truck stops. 

Trucks use gas stations, obviously. :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

It took like forever years for people to call it Taco Bell Arena.. By the end of the contract this name will finally catch on.

What was it before TBA?

That's the same for just about every renamed major landmark/building in Chicago.

Sears Tower, Hancock Building, Comisky Park, etc, etc...

3 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

What was it before TBA?

That's the same for just about every renamed major landmark/building in Chicago.

Sears Tower, Hancock Building, Comisky Park, etc, etc...

A morgue? Where basketball goes to die?

28 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

A morgue? Where basketball goes to die?

Actually, back then they had multiple sellouts. Of the highest attended games, most of them would have been in the Pavillion days.