Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Alabama Refuses To Air "Arthur" Episode With a Gay Wedding

On 5/21/2019 at 11:46 AM, retrofade said:

I'm shocked.

Bigots gonna bigot.

Or it could be that they did not think it was a great topic or a necessary topic for 4 year olds.  I am not a fan of them essentially censoring, but I understand the sentiment that you may not want to have this conversation forced on you by your child's entertainment.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

On the next episode DW will explore self-pleasure and Arthur's mom and dad will get into swinging.

wtf?? Why do kids need to be indoctrinated with this shit? Good for Alabama

What do you think happens at gay weddings?

They're just as boring as straight ones

41 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Or it could be that they did not think it was a great topic or a necessary topic for 4 year olds.  I am not a fan of them essentially censoring, but I understand the sentiment that you may not want to have this conversation forced on you by your child's entertainment.

The gay people exist conversation is always a tough one

40 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I guess I live in a different world. My daughter was asking why two women were kissing on a picture she saw in a magazine or something when she was 4-5. I didn't think it was a big deal to talk to her about it. The attitude that a "conversation" on the subject is even necessary says a lot. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I guess I live in a different world. My daughter was asking why two women were kissing on a picture she saw in a magazine or something when she was 4-5. I didn't think it was a big deal to talk to her about it. The attitude that a "conversation" on the subject is even necessary says a lot. 

Based on your posts on these forums, it "says a lot" to you whenever anyone does not share your perspective.  Some people might want to choose their own time and place to explain to a 4 year old why some kids have a mom and a dad, some have two moms, some have two dads, some just have a mom, and some just have a dad.  Maybe a brief comment on the fly is not the best way to handle it for all parents.

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Do you have kids?  What's to talk to kids about?  Really?

I really dont understand. A kid might be confused about why a guy on TV has darker skin than him.

So I'll explain to him that some people have different colored skin than others. That's about it, I wouldn't ask TV channels to stop allowing minorities on.

Though let's not give Alabama any ideas

17 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I really dont understand. A kid might be confused about why a guy on TV has darker skin than him.

So I'll explain to him that some people have different colored skin than others. That's about it, I wouldn't ask TV channels to stop allowing minorities on.

Though let's not give Alabama any ideas

I'm glad you'll explain.  Your "what's to talk about" comment concerned me.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 5/21/2019 at 10:16 PM, sactowndog said:

Let’s face it.... if it weren’t for our Constitution, Alabama would look a lot like a moderate Muslim State.

Did you take the link?  This was the Alabama Public Television organization and not the State.

4 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

I would hope you are not this snarky when you talk to your kids about it.

What topic? The idea that one day you're legally tied financially to someone? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

Based on your posts on these forums, it "says a lot" to you whenever anyone does not share your perspective.  Some people might want to choose their own time and place to explain to a 4 year old why some kids have a mom and a dad, some have two moms, some have two dads, some just have a mom, and some just have a dad.  Maybe a brief comment on the fly is not the best way to handle it for all parents.

So he's a jerk for making you see his perspective but you agree with banning an entire TV program because  you don't want to talk to your kid?

8 hours ago, Mano said:

Both my kids loved Calliou when they were little, drove me nuts. At least they never got into Barney.

Now that I’m semi-retired I watch my two granddaughters a lot. They’re almost 3. Steady diet of Peppa Pig and Daniel Tiger. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

17 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

When my entire perspective is that "people are equal" it does say a lot when people tantrum over it or do things like what happened in Alabama. 

49 minutes ago, pokebball said:

So you're equal to Alabamans?

#whataboutism.

Are you the living, breathing logical fallacy of this board?

"hey guys we're discussing abortion, but cannot use any vowels or mention religion or policy."

lol, this place is hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

#whataboutism.

Are you the living, breathing logical fallacy of this board?

"hey guys we're discussing abortion, but cannot use any vowels or mention religion or policy."

lol, this place is hilarious.

You lose the argument and then start tossing personal attacks.  Love your logic