Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Democrats Freak Out Over Cartoon Joe Biden’s Lead

It is indeed a motley crew and this time there's no Hillary to hate.

And the writing IS on the wall that it's likely to be a Biden/Harris ticket.

Of course for the majority of Americans, any Democrat pairing will be better than Trump/Pence. (Including Biden/WhiteSox.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

It is indeed a motley crew and this time there's no Hillary to hate.

Of course for the majority of Americans, any Democrat pairing will be better than Trump/Pence. (Including Biden/WhiteSox.)

Majority of the country?  You haven't been paying attention.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Majority of the country?  You haven't been paying attention.

Sure I have. Trump's approval rating has constantly been south of 50%.

The election is the Democrats' to lose although I'll readily concede that if any party in the history of our country has had the capability to trip over its own feet, it's these Dems.

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The election is the Democrats' to lose although I'll readily concede that if any party in the history of our country has had the capability to trip over its own feet, it's these Dems.

Two things.  First, the inverse of Trump's approval rating isn't pro Dem.

Secondly, if the economy stays strong, Trump won't lose.  History has proven that over and over and over.

The election was the Dems to lose in 2016.  Now it's the GOP's to lose.

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I’d argue the election is Trump’s to lose.  Approval ratings at this point are irrelevant.  If the economy stays strong and there aren’t any unnecessary wars, Trump will win re-election rather easily.   And I hate to draw a Reagan comparison but at this point in Reagan’s presidency he had a 44% approval rating and won the 1984 election in one of the largest electoral college landslides ever.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’d argue the election is Trump’s to lose.  Approval ratings at this point are irrelevant.  If the economy stays strong and there aren’t any unnecessary wars, Trump will win re-election rather easily.   And I hate to draw a Reagan comparison but at this point in Reagan’s presidency he had a 44% approval rating and won the 1984 election in one of the largest electoral college landslides ever.  

Reagan didn't actively everyday try to make the moderates loathe him.   Trump never learned to pivot.  35% is frothing at the mouth to vote for him but he has alienated most outside of his base.  For Reagan 45% was a floor but that is a ceiling for Trump.  Trump got lucky to run against Hillary.

Posted Image

52 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I just don't see Harris in the spot of VP. I could see mayor Pete or Stacey Abrams filling out the ticket

22 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Reagan didn't actively everyday try to make the moderates loathe him.   Trump never learned to pivot.  35% is frothing at the mouth to vote for him but he has alienated most outside of his base.  For Reagan 45% was a floor but that is a ceiling for Trump.  Trump got lucky to run against Hillary.

I agree that Trump is intentionally offensive and it’s gotten old.  But as long as the economy continues on its current path (which isn’t guaranteed obviously) Trump will easily win reelection. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I agree that Trump is intentionally offensive and it’s gotten old.  But as long as the economy continues on its current path (which isn’t guaranteed obviously) Trump will easily win reelection. 

This is where I'd put my money.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Where's this wall you speak of.

Granted, I wouldn't even remotely suggest that I'm in the know, but I haven't heard this from anyone besides you, just now.

8 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Where's this wall you speak of.

Granted, I wouldn't even remotely suggest that I'm in the know, but I haven't heard this from anyone besides you, just now.

I’ve heard it speculated by a couple of people. I don’t remember where I heard it but it wasn’t on the mwcboard.  

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

He may alienate many outside his base, but they are all working and putting food on the table. Most understand the Democrats are anti business and don’t want to return to the Obama years. 

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Well if the voting population are just another one of trump's bimbo's who will sit there next to him like an idiot as long as their pockets are full while he makes fools of them then we deserve to get screwed.

Posted Image

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

That's true about the margin but you may be too young to be aware of the particulars. In 1984, Jesse Jackson ran for president as a Democrat (what else, right?) and African Americans were all in for the guy. I had just gotten my first good job and my secretary, who was black, had Jesse stuff all over her cubicle. When Jackson didn't win the primary, Betty refused to vote for Mondale and that was not at all atypical. Also, the charismatic white candidate was Gary Hart but that guy couldn't keep his schlong in his pants. In a sense, he was Bill Clinton before Bill Clinton and this photo doomed Hart:b315daab38cebd938710839a596e3bdb.jpg

The election also occurred prior to anyone finding out about the Iran-Contra abomination and Ollie North so Reagan wasn't under the political heat Trump is under.

Therefore, with due respect, I don't think the 2020 election will be very similar to 1984 at all.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, rudolro said:

I just don't see Harris in the spot of VP. I could see mayor Pete or Stacey Abrams filling out the ticket

I think Abrams would be great. Like Harris, she's very smart and well spoken with the same ethnic bona fides yet she's more moderate and may help win some Southern states.

Mayor Pete? I don't know about you but I'm still trying to figure out his appeal. Might it be he has the support of 100% of the nation's LGBTQs?

Boom goes the dynamite.