Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Airport gear check

San Francisco- a family decked out in bright BSU orange, 2 Wyoming hats, Teen in Nevada basketball jersey.

Honolulu- a few Aztec sightings.

Sydney- zilch.

Lihue, HI- San Jose football hat. Scattering of UH stuff.

Phoenix- Boise St WAC champ shirt from a million years ago. New Mexico family, I think the daughter played some sport for them since she had a number on her UNM backpack.

Still on the hunt for the elusive CSU fan.

10 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

San Francisco- a family decked out in bright BSU orange, 2 Wyoming hats, Teen in Nevada basketball jersey.

Honolulu- a few Aztec sightings.

Sydney- zilch.

Lihue, HI- San Jose football hat. Scattering of UH stuff.

Phoenix- Boise St WAC champ shirt from a million years ago. New Mexico family, I think the daughter played some sport for them since she had a number on her UNM backpack.

Clearly your flying commercial.

8 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I saw tons of them milling around when we were driving around sonoma and napa a couple weeks ago

sheep-gif-2.gif

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

11 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Clearly your flying commercial.

I flew in coach and pre boarded every flight because I have 4 kids.. I never saw first class board and they were off the plane before me. Id bet I missed em there.

I woulda given anything for a first class pillow. I forgot how shitty flying is. Commercial that is.

So I started this on another thread, but my family flew from Boise to Orlando via SLC.  Once there, we spent a day at Universal, followed with a 5 day cruise to Nassau and back to Cocoa Beach and then rented a car a drive back to Boise.

Here’s my gear report from our trip...

We saw gear from FSU (sorry Fresno fans, it was Florida State), Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Michigan State, Oregon, Penn State, Clemson, South Florida, Utah, BYU, South Carolina, USC, Colorado  State, N. Colorado and more.

Some interesting results...  I didn’t tally the sightings but Florida, FSU, Alabama and Georgia wear were the most common.  That’s no surprise.  On the cruise at dinner, our table was next to a table with guests from Oregon.  One guy wore Oregon gear on the first day.  We bantered back an forth throughout the cruise.  We saw another Oregon shirt at Universal along with a USC shirt.

For being a recent “national champion” we saw two people wearing UFC gear.  One at the Orlando airport and one at an Orlando mall.  Two. P6.

We almost came away without seeing any CSU gear.  But our rental car had a flat tire and the closest Budget Car Rental office was housed in a Fort Collins Walmart.  Short story, we were in Fort Collins about 4 hours and didn’t see any other CSU gear.  Other than a license plate frame, we had to be at Walmart to see CSU gear.  Hmmm.  Think that thru.

I almost forgot, we did see Wyoming gear at a service station somewhere in Wyoming.

The most surprising thing was seeing Montana Grizzlies gear in SLC, at Universal, on our cruise and at the Welcome Center on I-75 going into Georgia.  No kidding.

Finally, to all the USU fans seeking relevance, we saw a freeway sign near Brigham City identifying the Logan and USU exit.  That’s it.  No gear at all.

I’m glad to be back in Boise again.  I hope to duplicate this trip sometime in the next year or two.