Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

San Jose St. makeover

11 hours ago, Warbow said:

There’s no denying that San Jose St. has the most potential out of all the MWC schools to be a national powerhouse program. They are located in an area that is heavy populated, easy on the eyes and where $$$$$ is flowing.

i think they need to just blow up their sports programs and get a complete makeover and start over from scratch. Just throwing it out there for any ideas. I for one would try to take advantage of the Asian influence in the area. Change their nickname to Kamikazes and maybe hire Norm Chow as their football coach. That’s just a start to what I would do.

There are a lot of people in the Bay Area, but the problem is that there’s so much competition for people’s time. Stanford can’t even sell out a conference championship game. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, Warbow said:

There’s no denying that San Jose St. has the most potential out of all the MWC schools to be a national powerhouse program. They are located in an area that is heavy populated, easy on the eyes and where $$$$$ is flowing.

i think they need to just blow up their sports programs and get a complete makeover and start over from scratch. Just throwing it out there for any ideas. I for one would try to take advantage of the Asian influence in the area. Change their nickname to Kamikazes and maybe hire Norm Chow as their football coach. That’s just a start to what I would do.

I wouldn’t call it a “makeover” because it’s too close to “make-it-be-over”. 🙂

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There are a lot of people in the Bay Area, but the problem is that there’s so much competition for people’s time. Stanford can’t even sell out a conference championship game. 

I think a bigger problem is no one has disposable income.  When the entry house costs 1M not many people can do much more than pay their mortgage.  Trumps tax bill made it much worse as they can’t deduct much of that either.  

9 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Boy you sure got him there! Don’t know how he’s going to recover from that one!

Boy, you sure got me here! I don't know how I'm going to recover. :rolleyes:

Do you even MWCBoard.com, brah???

36 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I think a bigger problem is no one has disposable income.  When the entry house costs 1M not many people can do much more than pay their mortgage.  Trumps tax bill made it much worse as they can’t deduct much of that either.  

California taxes/policy’s are a much bigger issue than Trump’s. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

35 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

They weren’t much better in the WAC. I can’t believe so many idiots believed they would be any better in a conference with programs with bigger budgets- including several on this board. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

5 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

They weren’t much better in the WAC. I can’t believe so many idiots believed they would be any better in a conference with bigger teams with bigger budgets- including several on this board. 

Someone mentioned about the attendance minimum rule for qualifying being a legit FBS team.  Couldn't that be used to help kick them out?  

If it's a rule, then let's encourage the NCAA to follow it and use it to cut this phucking dead weight.

6 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Back to the future for SJSU?

Memphis AD Tom Bowen stepped down last week. Bowen was previously AD at SJSU from 2004-2012. Maybe he would return to SJSU.

Why would they do that? The Skirts have done such an awesome job. 

6E2C1EB1-066A-4E7F-9EC6-EA4B9BE60C04.jpeg.18b0689eb44dc57dca7439d1c8c85976.jpeg

3 hours ago, goboroot said:

Listen, you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. 

Leaver your wife out of this.

11 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

California taxes/policy’s are a much bigger issue than Trump’s. 

Perhaps but that was pretty much known.  I suspect not deducting 10’s of thousands in interest payments is a pretty huge deal. 

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Perhaps but that was pretty much known.  I suspect not deducting 10’s of thousands in interest payments is a pretty huge deal. 

Home owners no doubt got screwed by Trump.