Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

What MWC City Would You Choose

If You Had To Pick One MWC Road Game  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which city would you choose to spend an entire week if Honolulu, San Diego, and Las Vegas are not one of the choices, and you had to remain within a 25 mile range of the city center?

5 minutes ago, Spazdog said:

I stand corrected.  Nice fish!

Henry's is amazing.  There are lots of amazing places in Idaho and the Frank Church is probably the most amazing stretch of Wilderness in the lower 48.  But the sheer size of the Lahanton in Pyramid lake is staggering, and they are everywhere.  

I’d choose Boise, then maybe Ft Collins as a close 2nd. Other than Fresno(I live here), I’ve been to San Jose and Reno. I guess it depends what you’re into and what time of the year you go. I’d love to go skiing in Idaho and Colorado. But would also want to take advantage of the summer outdoor recreational activities that Boise has to offer. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

4 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I like that Mike thought he set this up for San Jose to win by excluding Vegas, Hawaii, and San Diego...but still got beat by Reno and Boise. LMAO

Actually, if I were trying to set this up in San Jose’s favor, I wouldn’t have imposed a 25 mile radius. You’re just bitter because it took you and another Dog fan voting for Fresno to keep Fresno out of last place.

Champ Logo.jpg

On 5/19/2019 at 3:19 AM, ClevelandBrown said:

Lol at you not including your city. Well done. Good troll. 👌

That's because Memphis is the city the term Shithole was coined for!

22 hours ago, renoskier said:

Yeah. I can't believe he mentioned Albuquerque and some burger joint in the same sentence....effing kids:oldman:

That's because Blake's Lottaburger blows Five Guys, In-N-Out, and Whataburger out of the water. Just thinking about their green chile cheeseburger gives me wood.

19 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Was not aware of the legendary Pyramid Lake fishing.  I definitely have to see if I can give it a try someday.  I was torn between Laramie and Logan.  Logan is beautiful and the Logan River has amazing fishing.  However, there's no lack of great fishing within 25 miles of Laramie, and the "quality of life" suits me a little better. 

I've caught my share of big browns in the Truckee downtown at Wingfield Park. Now you have to avoid the kayakers. There are huge fish in the Truckee near the Caifornia border. The biggest fish out of Pyramid for me is "only" 25 inches.

4 minutes ago, sean327 said:

That's because Blake's Lottaburger blows Five Guys, In-N-Out, and Whataburger out of the water. Just thinking about their green chile cheeseburger gives me wood.

If you say so, I don't eat at any of those places and I have to believe there are lots of other great restaurants in ABQ. I'm not going there for a burger regardless of what you put on it.

19 minutes ago, renoskier said:

If you say so, I don't eat at any of those places and I have to believe there are lots of other great restaurants in ABQ. I'm not going there for a burger regardless of what you put on it.

I feel like I would find an afternoon in a week for something like this:

Blake-s-Lotaburger-1-ef485fcd5056a36_ef4

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Just now, renoskier said:

There are plenty of great places, but the first thing I hit when I get home is Blake's. I grew up on that burger so I'm biased as hell.

58 minutes ago, sean327 said:

That's because Memphis is the city the term Shithole was coined for!

Best fried chicken on earth is in Memphis though.  https://gusfriedchicken.com/downtown-memphis-tennessee-location/

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Fresno is to MWC cities what SJSU is to MWC football.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.