Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

What MWC City Would You Choose

If You Had To Pick One MWC Road Game  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which city would you choose to spend an entire week if Honolulu, San Diego, and Las Vegas are not one of the choices, and you had to remain within a 25 mile range of the city center?

I picked Laramie because it's the only MWC town that I haven't spent at least a weekend in.  In fact, I've never even been there.  So if it is as good as some of you claim then it's worth checking out

Actually I've never been to Logan either, but I've spent several weeks in Ogden (Weber State U) and I'm thinking Logan can't be as good as Ogden (which I like).

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Really what a poll like this emphasizes is that people living in the MWC footprint have far better lives than those in shit hole rat infested crime ridden dumps the AAC is made of

Tampa, Orlando, Houston, Dallas, Philly, Hartford, Annapolis, Tulsa, Cincy, etc don't strike me as 'shit hole rat infested crime ridden dumps' 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

8 hours ago, renoskier said:

Pfffftttttt.....

Image result for breaking bad

Image result for blue meth

It was on TV is must be true.  :-)

Go hang-out near the old Holiday Inn in Reno.  That place is thick w/Cracked/Meth’d out hookers...

I have recent ABQ bias.  My Lyft Driver came back to my room the last time I was in New Méx for wrk...

17 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Tampa, Orlando, Houston, Dallas, Philly, Hartford, Annapolis, Tulsa, Cincy, etc don't strike me as 'shit hole rat infested crime ridden dumps' 

Guess you’ve never been to Houston, or are your a fan of Refineries & Chemical Plants?

35 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

That's because you are a +++++ing idiot though.

4 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

Lol at you not including your city. Well done. Good troll. 👌

I think, therefore I'm.

Mike Bronson is a secret shopper for the B12.  Fort Collins is definitely not on Mike Bronson’s radar.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

10 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

Only because you're using Memphis as a baseline.

Lots of neat things to do around the San Jose area.  

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

10 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Guess you’ve never been to Houston, or are your a fan of Refineries & Chemical Plants?

I've been to Houston. We stayed in Galveston while we visited NASA, shopped the Galleria, and toured Houston/Rice's campuses.

the Galveston Historic Pier was pretty cool too.

aa8e2222e81de89e23dc38dab6440dd3.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That's because you are a +++++ing idiot though.

well if only someone had explained it like that...[/rollseyes]

mem skyline sig.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Only because you're using Memphis as a baseline.

yes, I was aware who the insult was targeting...we already have 3 of Tennessee's biggest tourist attraction in Beale St, Graceland, and the National Civil Rights Museum. Throw in the Grizz, the Panda's at the Zoo, Sun Studios, plus Stax Records and you have a booming tourist industry coupled with 4 fortune 500 companies with HQs here. Thanks for your concern though.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

10 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

The refineries and chemical plants, for the most part, are out by the ship channel, not in Houston. There are more chemical plants in Indianapolis than Houston and Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento, Memphis and Denver aren’t far behind and for refineries, Los Angeles has quite a few right at LAX/El Segundo. 

3 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

The refineries and chemical plants, for the most part, are out by the ship channel, not in Houston. There are more chemical plants in Indianapolis than Houston and Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento, Memphis and Denver aren’t far behind and for refineries, Los Angeles has quite a few right at LAX/El Segundo. 

we put ours on a peninsula that sticks out into the MS river.

'Presidents Island'

PI%20areal%20color.jpg

keeps the sights and smells away from the tourists...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

YOU ARE 100% SIR.

i had an office in that El Segundo Chevron plant for 2-yrs...haha

just having a lil’ fun w/our AAC brethren at your fair city’s expense....SORRY

Honestly, I wouldn't mind spending a week in ABQ just to get high and eat New Mexican food for a week. Lots of Lottaburgers. 

30 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

yes, I was aware who the insult was targeting...we already have 3 of Tennessee's biggest tourist attraction in Beale St, Graceland, and the National Civil Rights Museum. Throw in the Grizz, the Panda's at the Zoo, Sun Studios, plus Stax Records and you have a booming tourist industry coupled with 4 fortune 500 companies with HQs here. Thanks for your concern though.

Memphis is like the Butte, MT of the Southeast. People shit on it, but they don't appreciate its craziness. I don't know that I'd want to raise kids in the inner city there, but I really think living in one of those stately brick palaces near downtown would really be something. It's got character to it. It reminds me of Kansas City crossed with Kigali. I really like the town. And the people are the salt of the earth, honestly.