Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

What MWC City Would You Choose

If You Had To Pick One MWC Road Game  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which city would you choose to spend an entire week if Honolulu, San Diego, and Las Vegas are not one of the choices, and you had to remain within a 25 mile range of the city center?

Tough choices.  Obviously wouldn’t pick Reno since I live here.  I’m going to go with Fort Collins so I can experience the Superior Lifestyle. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

If the mileage limitation was a little more, I would have picked FC because of it's proximity to Boulder.

So, I'll go with Albuquerque, I hear there's some good restaurants and, come on, we all know about the "superior" meth:thumbsup: 

I chose San Jose, because it’s close to the San Francisco Bay area as well as Northern California and the coast, namely, to visit the redwood forest.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Fresno, during championship week, including the title game, of course. Would add in visits to yosemite, sequoia/kings canyon, probably some fishing up at shaver/huntington to round it out

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Lake Tahoe is within 25 miles of Reno right? If not I change my votr to FC.

Nope.  Google maps says 38.3 miles via NV-431 and I-580

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I chose San Jose, because it’s close to the San Francisco Bay area as well as Northern California and the coast, namely, to visit the redwood forest.

I almost picked San Jose cause I would hang out in Santa Cruz, but it is 32 miles from there. And I still might decide on that one..And the redwoods are 30, btw.. 

And then thought maybe it would be nice to visit Estes Park again, but it is 42 miles from Fort Collins. 

so it’s been a while since I’ve been to Boise, since San Diego and a stay-cation in Vegas are off the table. 

That took some thought, lol. 

Honestly if we are talking about a vacation Hawaii is the ONLY MWC school I would spend a week at. 4-5 days is the most I would spend in Vegas. San Diego is a nice place to live but I don't really consider it a vacation spot. Plus two of the great things SDSU has going for it (weather, beaches) I already have at the location I am currently living. 

To answer your question I won't consider any of those locations worth a week vacation, especially with the 25 mile limit.  I went to Boise last year and spent 4 days there (1 for the  game and 3 to explore the area). 4 was fun but 7 would seem excessive to me. 

Without the mile restriction Fresno is actually relatively high on the list. Sure Fresno would just be the "home base" for the trip not the highlight but being close to stuff is still a benefit. For me

Day 1-2 leave Fresno early AM drive to Los Angeles. Spend 1.5 days in LA (get their mid around noon on day one, stay over night, and leave 6-7 pm on day two). 

Day 3 Yosemite- Day trip drive back to your Fresno hotel to spend the night

Day 4 Sequoia-Day trip drive back to your Fresno hotel to spend the night

Day 5-6 leave Fresno early AM drive to Bay Area. Spend 1.5 days their (1 night of a hotel).

Day 7 Explore Fresno/Clovis 

Salinas and Monterey are both more then 25 miles away from SJ, so I’d pass on there. I’d go with Albuquerque. I have a lot of family that I have never met that has lived there dating back to the 1700s, and possibly later, so ABQ is an “ancestral homeland” of sorts for me. Always wanted to visit there.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

If the mileage limitation was a little more, I would have picked FC because of it's proximity to Boulder.

So, I'll go with Albuquerque, I hear there's some good restaurants and, come on, we all know about the "superior" meth:thumbsup: 

Reno & Fresno has The ABQ beat on the meth front.

The ABQ is nice, but too much sprawl for me...