Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofMTigers

OT: Memphis signs #1 class in college basketball

BS

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The basketball budgets of the Big East are much larger than the AAC.

BS. The new Big East makes 4 million.

They pay their coaches a fraction of what the AACs coaches make.

They have Jay Wright. That’s all. No murderous row like Kelvin Sampson, Gregg Marshall, Penny Hardaway, Dan Hurley, etc

giphy.gif

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

again, I've been posting here since 2007 when Memphis was a mere CUSA squad...my statements are just my opinion.

had the MWC kept BYU...or I'll even stretch it and say also if they had added Gonzaga...then I would agree.

I feel like the MWC, CUSA, and MAC are peer conferences simply because that's who we're trying to separate ourselves from in terms on wins, money, and exposure.

Yes... You AAC fans are all trying to delude yourselves into thinking you are above the MWC.

But you all have small fanbases.  The AAC schools' average attendance is slightly smaller than the MWC.

I mean, congratulations on getting a new 12 year NET $5M TV deal (BYU got a $5M "football only" deal 9 years ago).... but it doesn't change the fact.   The AAC = MWC.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Yes... You AAC fans are all trying to delude yourselves into thinking you are above the MWC.

But you all have small fanbases.  The AAC schools attendance is slightly smaller than the MWC.

I mean, congratulations on getting a new 12 year NET $5M TV deal (BYU got a $5M "football only" deal 9 years ago).... but it doesn't change the fact.   The AAC = MWC.

MWC is old WAC. Just like CUSA is old Sunbelt.

The OGs of the MWC (Utah, TCU) were the ones who matched up with Houston, et al.

Combine the OGs like Houston with UConn et al and it’s an animal you can’t relate to.

giphy.gif

you can type that over and over til your fingers fall off but it won't make it true.

the guy who negotiated the contract says your figure that you pulled from a SDSU sports writer is 'nowhere near' and a 'fraction' of what the real number is.

I mean, I can Memphis belongs in the SEC all day...but it won't make it true.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Balzac said:

BS

BS. The new Big East makes 4 million.

They pay their coaches a fraction of what the AACs coaches make.

They have Jay Wright. That’s all. No murderous row like Sampson, Marshall, Penny, Hurley, etc

Compare the Big East Basketball budgets to the AAC basketball budgets and get back to me.

The Big East doesn't need to fund G5 football like the AAC.

The AAC has a new ESPN contract to fund all sports.   

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Compare the Big East Basketball budgets to the AAC basketball budgets and get back to me.

The Big East doesn't need to fund G5 football like the AAC.

The AAC has a new ESPN contract to fund all sports.   

The budgets are basically the coaches salaries.

Those have been posted. Do your homework lil buddy.

giphy.gif

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, UofMTigers said:

you can type that over and over til your fingers fall off but it won't make it true.

the guy who negotiated the contract says your figure that you pulled from a SDSU sports writer is 'nowhere near' and a 'fraction' of what the real number is.

I mean, I can Memphis belongs in the SEC all day...but it won't make it true.

The new AAC deal is NET $5M per year....

The AAC Commissioner claims he can get it back up to $7M by having volunteers, students and interns run the TV production.  Said he's going to have schools do the next 12 years as low budget as possible.   You seem to be a true believer. 

I guess we'll see if he can deliver.   Maybe they can film on a cell phone?   Some new phones have nice cameras.

The AAC Commissioner claims he can get it back up to $7M by having volunteers, students and interns run the TV production.  Said he's going to have schools do the next 12 years as low budget as possible.   You seem to be a true believer. 

I guess we'll see if he can deliver.   Maybe they can film on a cell phone?   Some new phones have nice cameras.

Lmao More like 10 million (reported)

giphy.gif

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Balzac said:

The budgets are basically the coaches salaries.

Those have been posted. Do your homework lil buddy.

Why are you too ashamed to post the AAC basketball budgets compared to the Big East?

4 minutes ago, Balzac said:

Lol CUSA is CUSA.

just like the MWC is the MWAC now that they ate them.

Not really. The stench of urine just trickled up the legs of the conferences below... the "new" CUSA is like Sun Belt 2.0 just like AAC is CUSA 2.0 just like MWC has become WAC 2.0.

It's just a shell game. Of course, for every shell game there's always a sucker throwing stacks on the table. So keep on betting on the three card, Monty.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

:lol:

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, Balzac said:

Lmao More like 10 million (reported)

We'll see.   Doubtful.

But you guys still haven't explained the low fan attendance in the AAC.   It's too small to consider the AAC as "big time".

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

Not really. The stench of urine just trickled up the legs of the conferences below... the "new" CUSA is like Sun Belt 2.0 just like AAC is CUSA 2.0 just like MWC has become WAC 2.0.

It's just a shell game. Of course, for every shell game there's sucker throwing stacks on the table. So keep on betting on the three card, Monty.

MWC is a New CUSA West.

Until it makes money, like Gregory Hines told Sammy Davis, “You got no legs”

DEF7C687-DB91-4AA0-9FBB-D25FFF44D392.png

giphy.gif

We'll see.   Doubtful.

But you guys still haven't explained the low fan attendance in the AAC.   It's too small to consider the AAC as "big time".

Lol UCF has already sold out its regular season allotment.

The TV deal reflects the audience the league has drawn.

Perhaps Hair should try a heavy exposure deal to try and build an audience. The blueprint has been laid down.

Take those Tuesday and Wednesday games.

YOU GOT NO CHOICE, little Jimmy.

giphy.gif

Just now, Balzac said:

MWC is a New CUSA West.

Until it makes money, like Gregory Hines told Sammy Davis, “You got no legs”

DEF7C687-DB91-4AA0-9FBB-D25FFF44D392.png

Money is really a poor metric to rank by as advertisers aren't going to pay for college hoops games that start at 11:00 EST/EDT.

The AAC is in a geographically advantageous position being located within a (much) denser population base. More eyes = bigger TV market = more money. It has relatively little to do with the "goodness" of your conference.

So if geolocation is brag-worthy, knock your thirsty self out... :shrug:

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Money is really a poor metric to rank by as advertisers aren't going to pay for college hoops games that start at 11:00 EST/EDT.

The AAC is in a geographically advantageous position being located within a (much) denser population base. More eyes = bigger TV market = more money. It has relatively little to do with the "goodness" of your conference.

So if geolocation is brag-worthy, knock your thirsty self out... :shrug:

Money tells which teams in the old leagues HAD VALUE $$$$$

Youre closer to the current CUSA now and your not as valuable as the former MWC.

Thats the economics of life.

giphy.gif

Guest #1Stunner
10 minutes ago, Balzac said:

Lol UCF has already sold out its regular season allotment.

The TV deal reflects the audience the league has drawn.

Perhaps Hair should try a heavy exposure deal to try and build an audience. The blueprint has been laid down.

Take those Tuesday and Wednesday games.

YOU GOT NO CHOICE, little Jimmy.

What's the capacity of UCF's stadium?

5 minutes ago, Balzac said:

Money tells which teams in the old leagues HAD VALUE $$$$$

Youre closer to the current CUSA now and your not as valuable as the former MWC.

Thats the economics of life.

Are posting from a hotspot in the middle of the desert?

Because damn you act thirsty (and your posts are making increasingly little sense).