Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofMTigers

OT: Memphis signs #1 class in college basketball

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hopefully, we can springboard our Tallest Midget status in our conference to get back to a level of national prominence much like UCF has in their own mid-major. Of course, the midgets are a little shorter in the AAC, so it's admittedly the less daunting of the two hills to climb.

😂😂😂😂😂

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

High mid-major.

I know.  Sounds kind of funny.  I think anytime you start off a conversation with “but we are a high mid major” you are on the wrong side of the fence. 

They could be out there, but I've never seen a Gonzaga fan try to convince anybody that the WCC is anything more than what it is.  Just take care of business.  But I have seen all kinds of gum flapping about the AAC and the schools therein.  Dont know who they are trying to convince - everybody else or themselves.  Its like an entire conference of Texas A&Ms.  Its sad and comical at the same time.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

16 minutes ago, RSF said:

They could be out there, but I've never seen a Gonzaga fan try to convince anybody that the WCC is anything more than what it is.  Just take care of business.  But I have seen all kinds of gum flapping about the AAC and the schools therein.  Dont know who they are trying to convince - everybody else or themselves.  Its like an entire conference of Texas A&Ms.  Its sad and comical at the same time.

AAC > WCC but OK...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
21 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

applying football terms to basketball is silly...

the Big East, AAC, and A-10 are big time hoops conferences IMHO.

Big East, yes.

No one else views the A10 or AAC as big time Conferences.  Solid Conferences, but not Power Conferences.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

AAC = MWC

I would agree if they still had BYU (should have given them a Boise carve out deal)

the MWC is a western version of the AAC but I feel like from TV money to TV exposure, overall leadership to the direction of the conference that the AAC is preferable. 

mem skyline sig.jpeg

33 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

we need a new one for the MWC: medium-ish Major[/rollseyes]

No need to reinvent the wheel. We're a mid-major, just like you are. The only difference between us is a notable lack of delusions of grandeur.  :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Big East, yes.

No one else views the A10 or AAC as big time Conferences.  Solid Conferences, but now Power Conferences.

Lol How much does the new big east make?

5EFDF7E2-A54D-467B-BF3F-BD6E7E50D4A7.png

giphy.gif

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, UofMTigers said:

I would agree if they still had BYU (should have given them a Boise carve out deal)

the MWC is a western version of the AAC but I feel like from TV money to TV exposure, overall leadership to the direction of the conference that the AAC is preferable. 

Not sure why so many AAC fans are trying so hard to convince the MWC board the AAC is better than the MWC.

But....sorry.  the AAC and MWC are like identical twins.   I mean, the AAC was worse fan attendance than the MWC.   But the schools in the AAC are identical caliber to the MWC.

Not sure why so many AAC fans are trying so hard to convince the MWC board the AAC is better than the MWC.

But....sorry.  the AAC and MWC are like identical twins.   I mean, the AAC was worse fan attendance than the MWC.   But the schools in the AAC are identical caliber to the MWC.

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

The only difference between us is a notable lack of delusions of grandeur.  :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

again, I've been posting here since 2007 when Memphis was a mere CUSA squad...my statements are just my opinion.

had the MWC kept BYU...or I'll even stretch it and say also if they had added Gonzaga...then I would agree.

I feel like the MWC, CUSA, and MAC are peer conferences simply because that's who we're trying to separate ourselves from in terms on wins, money, and exposure.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Balzac said:

Lol How much does the new big east make?

5EFDF7E2-A54D-467B-BF3F-BD6E7E50D4A7.png

The basketball budgets of the Big East are much larger than the AAC.

The AAC has to use most of their TV money to fund their G5 football programs.  Big East doesn't do this (hence their basketball budgets being larger).

I mean, what's the average basketball and football attendance in the AAC?  Like 6,000 for basketball and 25,000 for football?  If that's not G5, I don't know what is.

Not sure why the AAC fans are trying to delude themselves into thinking they are an elite basketball and football Conference.

5 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

The MWC is on CUSA’s level.

The current generation of MWC is based on WAC teams; just like the current generation of CUSA is Sunbelt teams.

All the old power teams of the MWC and CUSA moved on to higher tier conferences.

So what you have now are depleted CUSA/MWC, who tried in the past to form an alliance AGAINST the Big East/AAC.

Thats why the MWC makes scraps. It’s like the current CUSA. Same generation of depleted conference leftovers.

giphy.gif