Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Will you be visiting Fort Collins sometime this year?

Will you be visiting Fort Collins sometime this year?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be visiting Fort Collins sometime this year?

• YES - I will be in Fort Collins for a CSU vs (fill in blank) football game. Can't wait!!!
    • YES - I will be visiting Fort Collins for a CSU Basketball Game. I want a selfie with that famous "anatomy sculpture" in Moby Gym!
    • YES - I am going to Fort Collins to look for houses. It's my goal to move there as soon as I can. (Californians, vote here).
    • YES - I will be in Fort Collins for FORToberFEST (root beer allowed too!)
    • NO.......Not this year.... I am saving up to visit Fort Collins next year.... (sad face)

On 5/17/2019 at 8:02 AM, soccerhead15 said:

Well Fort Collins doesn't have a Costco either....

Okay Mr hair splitter.  It's Ft Collins adjacent in Timnath, CO which is on I-25 (link below).  If said wyo shopper is already taking care of other BIG City Business in the College Ave corridor it's probably pretty close to a 50/50 proposition if they'd prefer the Loveland or Timnath, Colo Costco locations.

https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations/timnath-co-1178.html

3 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

WRONG.  "Casper" IS the misspelling.

Ft Caspar (the original name of "Casper," wyo) was named after Lt Caspar Collins, a military hero from the mid-19th Century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Caspar

CC:  @BSUTOP25

Oh I knew the history before you were born. That doesn't mean the current city of Casper is spelled "ar".

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Okay Mr hair splitter.  It's Ft Collins adjacent in Timnath, CO which is on I-25 (link below).  If said wyo shopper is already taking care of other BIG City Business in the College Ave corridor it's probably pretty close to a 50/50 proposition if they'd prefer the Loveland or Timnath, Colo Costco locations.

The one in Loveland is really, really hard to find. 

10 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Ya I was just being technical to stir people up. When did they put a costco in loveland? I always thought they only had a sams club.

7 hours ago, pokebball said:

Oh I knew the history before you were born. That doesn't mean the current city of Casper is spelled "ar".

Just protecting Lt CaspAr Collins’ honor...

If the map maker was wrong, does that make it right?

8 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The one in Loveland is really, really hard to find. 

¿Did the Costco in Loveland close since I left in 2004, or am I mistaking Sam's Club for Costco?

1 hour ago, soccerhead15 said:

Ya I was just being technical to stir people up. When did they put a costco in loveland? I always thought they only had a sams club.

I think you're right.

One of two-things happened:

(a) The Loveland Costco closed since I left for AK in 2004

(b) I'm confusing Sam's for Costco

I'm putting my $$$ on (b).

For those of you that find the battle between the two drastically different business models of Sam's Club & Costco:

Jan 2018 Sam's Club closed all 3 of their AK locations (Anchorage, Fairbanks & Juneau).  We now have 4-Costco's:  Anchorage-2, Fairbanks-1 & Juneau-1.  The Anchorage & Juneau location were around before Sam's bailed on the 48th State.  The Fairbanks Costco opened up 10-months after Sam's Club left.

¿Did the Costco in Loveland close since I left in 2004, or am I mistaking Sam's Club for Costco?

Yeah, you're thinking Sam's.  No Costco in Loveland.  Only one north of Denver is Timnath.  Not fair to claim there is no Costco in The Fort though.  If you haven't been back in a while I dare you to tell me where FC ends and Timnath, Loveland, Windsor, etc. begins.  It's gotten ugly.

Sam's Club in Loveland is still open.

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Yeah, you're thinking Sam's.  No Costco in Loveland.  Only one north of Denver is Timnath.  Not fair to claim there is no Costco in The Fort though.  If you haven't been back in a while I dare you to tell me where FC ends and Timnath, Loveland, Windsor, etc. begins.  It's gotten ugly.

Sam's Club in Loveland is still open.

2000/2001-ish while I was living in Minturn & wrk’g in Avon after 4-yrs in SE Mich wrk’g for FOX Sports; I look a Mich St buddy to a Thurs-PM USAFA @ CSU game.  We exited on Harmony Rd & at least 80% of the way west-bound towards Hughes, I though I was lost & on the road due all the SE growth in FoCo.

Therefore I don’t doubt you one bit.