Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Alabama Abortion Ban

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Adoption is an option if the mother does not want the child or can’t take care of it. 

So are we, as a society, then going to start paying for both prenatal and postnatal care if we’re going to force women to have babies?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Right convenience.

So maybe she should use effective birth control.

Going to prison changes a persons body.  So if I kill you I shouldn't have to go to prison.

Some women develop osteoporosis because of pregnancy.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So are we, as a society, then going to start paying for both prenatal and postnatal care if we’re going to force women to have babies?

You need to brush up on the adoption process. In most cases the adopted parents are responsible for those costs. I speak from experience. 

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

So ending the life is OK depending on the intention?  The statistics don’t lie on this topic, and the vast majority of abortions are done out of convenience - even in cases of late stage abortion which is where I have no tolerance whatsoever except in extremely EXTREMELY rare cases where the mother’s health is in danger.

Yes, there are instances, as you point out, where the mother's life takes precedence over the life of the embryo or fetus. No doubt, 100%.

And if you want to reduce the "convenience" abortions, and I do, the only real way is to understand, acknowledge and teach all the facts and understanding of not only abortion, but human sexuality to our children. 

How about instead we force every male at age 12 to undergo a vasectomy.  That way we won’t have any unwanted pregnancies.  And we offer a reversal of the procedure free of charge when that person is ready to have a child(ren). 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

You need to brush up on the adoption process. In most cases the adopted parents are responsible for those costs. 

That’s another problem though.  The adoption process needs to be easier and less cost prohibitive.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Just now, NorCalCoug said:

That’s another problem though.  The adoption process needs to be easier and less cost prohibitive.

I agree with this.  I also don’t think abortion should be the first option pushed by entities such as Planned Parenthood. 

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

There are thousands and thousands of families willing to adopt and have the money and can't find a kid.   Cost isn't the problem.  Although like any government situation it is a stupid process.

How about instead we force every male at age 12 to undergo a vasectomy.  That way we won’t have any unwanted pregnancies.  And we offer a reversal of the procedure free of charge when that person is ready to have a child(ren). 

Effective reversals become less possible as time goes on from the vasectomy. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Do two wrongs make a right?

Does a second wrong make the first wrong okay?

This is as stupid a comment you have ever made.   If I cheated you in business and then killed you because you were inconvenient to my life, would that be okay/.

5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I would agree, however there are still thousands of couples that are willing to pay the costs to adopt a child. 

Just now, bluerules009 said:

There are thousands and thousands of families willing to adopt and have the money and can't find a kid.   Cost isn't the problem.  Although like any government situation it is a stupid process.

There are plenty of kids in foster care that can’t find homes.  Adoption is expensive. It can cost between $5,000 - $40k to adopt an American child. 

Effective reversals become less possible as time goes on from the vasectomy. 

I did not know that. 

3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I agree with this.  I also don’t think abortion should be the first option pushed by entities such as Planned Parenthood. 

These are some of the ways to greatly reduce abortions. Not archaic or overly simplified laws.

These are some of the ways to greatly reduce abortions. Not archaic or overly simplified laws.

I support free contraceptives for all!

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

There are plenty of kids in foster care that can’t find homes.  Adoption is expensive. It can cost between $5,000 - $40k to adopt an American child. 

Those are older kids who have health problems or lost there parents at some older age.   We adopted a 3 year old because no one else would take him.  We were technically foster parents until the kid was 12 when the adoption was finally allowed to go through.  Once a kid is in the system and you have to deal with government idiots, ignorant judges, ridiculously stupid social workers adoption becomes a huge problem.

It is a problem though, i agree.

There is a shortage of babies though a huge shortage.   Plus a mother can sign over her baby at that point easily.

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yet there are thousands of couples that will still pay to adopt a child. Foster kids are a whole different subject. Those families that are willing to take on foster kids belong in heaven.