Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Alabama Abortion Ban

7 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's in there. It's quite a bit before 20 weeks and waaaay before viability. You're arguing about something I'm not denying. And again assuming my stance on abortion in general.

I don’t give a shit what your stance on abortion is.  You claimed that the data is unclear whether or not late stage abortion is done out of convenience.  It’s really not.  It’s clear overall and even moreso in late stage because there’s only extremely rare circumstances for an abortion due to non-convenience or health reasons.  Look up the other Guttmacher study I posted on this board that focused on late stage.  The results are the same.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Abortions after 20 weeks are rare in general. I'm saying that your clarity on the matter is misguided. You should have a little more empathy for people who find themselves in that position making touch chocies. That's all.

Empathy is probably more responsible for the opinions we form than anything.  It's hard to understand what we have not experienced.  It's hard to walk a mile in someone else's shoes when you haven't walked a mile in them .  Some can, I suppose, but I think this is a major barrier in abortion, gun, health care discussions.

24 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I saw this black girl on TV argue that abortion has basically been genocide for blacks and there would be so many more blacks in this country if they were born. I find that to be quite a joke.

Think about all the babies black or brown that were born in the inner city gang infested neighborhoods. The parents actually wanted these kids, and they still weren’t able to raise them the way they wanted because of so many challenges. Now think about what the inner city would look like if babies were born and the parents didn’t even want them. Holy crap, talk about gang violence and crime.

Think about how many more inner city gangs and bigger gangs would be out there killing, and sometimes killing innocent people by accident, or on purpose as an initiation requirement to join a gang. 

Anti abortion right wingers certainly are OK with self defense. In a totally un-PC but true way, in the inner city you could almost sell abortion to a right winger as a form of self defense when you think about the innocent people that would’ve been killed by the gang members had they been born. Obviously not every unwanted kid in the inner city would join a gang and be violent, but there would be a lot of them. 

Wow Convert...every time I think you've previously out done yourself you manage to out do yourself even more.  I hid this post at first but decided to leave it for the world to see.  Do you realize how inherently racist this post is?  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I don’t give a shit what your stance on abortion is.  You claimed that the data is unclear whether or not late stage abortion is done out of convenience.  It’s really not.  It’s clear overall and even moreso in late stage because there’s only extremely rare circumstances for an abortion due to non-convenience or health reasons.  Look up the other Guttmacher study I posted on this board that focused on late stage.  The results are the same.

I did look up the other study. I referenced it earlier. It's clear you don't give a shit about a lot of things. Have a nice day.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

I did look up the other study. I referenced it earlier. It's clear you don't give a shit about a lot of things. Have a nice day.

It’s clear you’re wrong and too stubborn to admit it.  Good day to you as well.  😂 

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Wow Convert...every time I think you've previously out done yourself you manage to out do yourself even more.  I hid this post at first but decided to leave it for the world to see.  Do you realize how inherently racist this post is?  

I chose to ignore it.  I can give you a thumbs up instead.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

7 minutes ago, pokebball said:

You referenced them and I'd like to know what you were referencing, specifically.  You want me to respond to something you stated without any specificity.

Honestly, I've thought about this more today than I planned on it and am going to end the conversation. If you want to know why, honestly, in good faith, feel free to PM me and ask. I'll tell you.

Otherwise you have a nice day too. I encourage you to read the study about catholic hospitals. It's small, but stark.

I'm ending this conversation before I post something that I'll regret. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It’s clear you’re wrong and too stubborn to admit it.  Good day to you as well.  😂 

I'm glad you think it's funny.

8 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Honestly, I've thought about this more today than I planned on it and am going to end the conversation. If you want to know why, honestly, in good faith, feel free to PM me and ask. I'll tell you.

Otherwise you have a nice day too. I encourage you to read the study about catholic hospitals. It's small, but stark.

I'm ending this conversation before I post something that I'll regret. 

First, I did read it.

Secondly, I feel we had some decent discourse.

Lastly, I feel my question to you about what fetal issues you were speaking of was a very valid question.  I'm left not knowing whether you had valid fetal issues I should consider or not.  I'll leave it up to you if you want to PM me.

You have a good day as well.

Just now, pokebball said:

First, I did read it.

Lastly, I feel my question to you about what fetal issues were were speaking of was a very valid question.  I'm left not knowing whether you had valid fetal issues I should consider or not.

I think we did, too. I'm just not in the mood to continue this conversation. And I don't want to post a list of fetal conditions because I am not interested in turning this into a debate over which conditions constitute a valid one that makes it OK for termination. I don't feel it's my place to make that determination... that's kinda the whole point. I, personally, have not specifically faced a fetal condition, per se. I however have met some people in recent months who have. It's a drag.

13 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

13 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

First, I did read it.

Lastly, I feel my question to you about what fetal issues you were speaking of was a very valid question.  I'm left not knowing whether you had valid fetal issues I should consider or not.  I'll leave it up to you if you want to PM me.

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

you have me on ignore?:(

I have everybody on ignore.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

You can phuck off!

I'm thinking the last time I said that Mug put me in timeout.  So I'll get preemptive and say Reno, I'm sorry!  If I'm gone for a couple of days, you'll know why :) 

I'm thinking if you accept my apology before Mug puts me in timeout, it would help!

11 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I think we did, too. I'm just not in the mood to continue this conversation. And I don't want to post a list of fetal conditions because I am not interested in turning this into a debate over which conditions constitute a valid one that makes it OK for termination. I don't feel it's my place to make that determination... that's kinda the whole point. I, personally, have not specifically faced a fetal condition, per se. I however have met some people in recent months who have. It's a drag.

And the Alabama bill or any other bill is wrong to not consider that.  Any legislation should be more considerate of common sense extenuating circumstances (however defined).  I’m assuming we agree on that (my first and only assumption about your abortion stance :) ).  

But the fact remains that this scenario only accounts for a small fraction of overall abortion procedures.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

A lot of times it happens before 26 weeks... 20 or 21 weeks. Then you have a situation where you put the mother's health at risk by requiring her to lay with her head down and her feet up until the fetus is on the edge of viability even though it's a long shot that the baby will be born alive, let alone live more than a few days and have a functional existence. Septic shock is more likely.

Sure but that wasn't what we were talking about.   Not to mention it doesn't happen a lot in any sense. 

Most abortions for the health of the mother are going to happen right away.   The mother and the doctor can see complications right at the start and there are many reasons.  From drugs the mother must take to pre-existing medical conditions.  That is why abortion should be legal.    Those are not even 10% of what abortions are though.

33 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Can we officially call him a racist yet? ;)