Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Alabama Abortion Ban

Personally I’m pragmatic about the whole abortion issue. No matter how many anti abortion laws are put in place, women are still going to have abortions. It’s better they be done in a doctors office or hospital than in an alley with a coat hanger. 

30 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Baby still has to come out, Cesarean or some other way.  Killing it is just another unnecessary issue if it is past 26 weeks.

A lot of times it happens before 26 weeks... 20 or 21 weeks. Then you have a situation where you put the mother's health at risk by requiring her to lay with her head down and her feet up until the fetus is on the edge of viability even though it's a long shot that the baby will be born alive, let alone live more than a few days and have a functional existence. Septic shock is more likely.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

12 minutes ago, Rocket said:

White supremecy, Alabama, KKK, slavery, manifest destiny

7 minutes ago, Rocket said:

It's about votes, these damn brown people are becoming too powerful.

What does banning abortion have to do with that. And I’m not sure that would make sense considering nationally black women account for 40% of abortions and in Alabama 60% of abortions were performed on black women.  Despite the population of the country being 13% black and Alabama being 26.5% black.  So wouldn’t abortion be disproportionately hurting black communities by keeping their population depressed? And wouldn’t racists and white supremacists be arguing for more abortions for blacks?

Those figures are based on 2015 amounts from the Kaiser Family Foundation. 

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/state-indicator/abortions-by-race/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

What does banning abortion have to do with that. And I’m not sure that would make sense considering nationally black women account for 40% of abortions and in Alabama 60% of abortions were performed on black women.  Despite the population of the country being 13% black and Alabama being 26.5% black.  So wouldn’t abortion be disproportionately hurting black communities by keeping their population depressed? And wouldn’t racists and white supremacists be arguing for more abortions for blacks?

Those figures are based on 2015 amounts from the Kaiser Family Foundation. 

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/state-indicator/abortions-by-race/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

You need a timeline, I'm guessing the percentage of white educated people having children is dropping and black/brown is rising. If abortion is outlawed it would slow the impending doom of old white voters. Winter is coming 😂

Just now, Rocket said:

You need a timeline, I'm guessing the percentage of white educated people having children is dropping and black/brown is rising. If abortion is outlawed it would slow the impending doom of old white voters. Winter is coming 😂

Banning abortion would cause a boom in black/brown babies being born.  You’re still not making sense how banning abortion supports a white supremacy agenda. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Banning abortion forces white girls to have children even though they don't want any. Not sure why you're having trouble understanding but I'm out of time for today. Thanks for the discussion. Cya

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Banning abortion would cause a boom in black/brown babies being born.  You’re still not making sense how banning abortion supports a white supremacy agenda. 

This is correct. It was speculated that Jesse Helms did not push the anti abortion agenda in North Carolina for that reason. The white girls or those with resources can go out of state.

3 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Banning abortion causes white girls to have children even though they don't want any. Not sure why you're having trouble understanding but I'm out of time for today. Thanks for the discussion. Cya

What do you call someone who injects race into every issue?

3 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Banning abortion forces white girls to have children even though they don't want any. Not sure why you're having trouble understanding but I'm out of time for today. Thanks for the discussion. Cya

nathan fillion hd GIF

Govt can not legislate morality where there is a conflict between a child's right to life and a mother's right to do as she wants with her body and murder a child.  Unfortunately govt has no answer and life sucks for the kid....the murderess wins. 

2 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Govt can not legislate morality where there is a conflict between a child's right to life and a mother's right to do as she wants with her body and murder a child.  Unfortunately govt has no answer and life sucks for the kid....the murderess wins. 

If you know they've had an abortion, do you call them murderers to their face?

42 minutes ago, Rocket said:

But it also ensures a flood of brown and black babies that otherwise would have been aborted. So how does this benefit the white supremacists again? 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

To be fair, you're making an assumption that these nutjob groups Rocket is talking about are doing things because they have reasons that makes sense.