Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Alabama Abortion Ban

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Does a second wrong make the first wrong okay?

This is as stupid a comment you have ever made.   If I cheated you in business and then killed you because you were inconvenient to my life, would that be okay/.

The original wrong I brought up was about the authoritarian nature of making a woman carry a baby to term that was put in her against her will.

I regret, again, responding to you in good faith. 

For the benefit of others reading, I will reiterate we will never get anywhere productive on this issue equating it to black and white murder. 

24 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

You’re wrong.  The Guttmacher Institute has done studies that support what I’m saying.  Just because you don’t like the outcome doesn’t mean it’s not true.

I'd appreciate if you'd post them again, save me the time of tracking them down.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The original wrong I brought up was about the authoritarian nature of making a woman carry a baby to term that was put in her against her will.

For the benefit of others reading, I will reiterate we will never get anywhere productive on this issue equating it to black and white murder. 

How is it not murder?

You don't like to equate it, because that makes it harder for you to justify it.   Your not equating it as murder does not change the fact it is murder.

This keeps happening with all you emotionally crippled thinkers, I destroy your arguments and somehow I am "not responding in good faith".   HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

I have just owned you.  that is all.   You are the one not  responding in good faith because you can't take responsibility for your lack of reasonable arguments to support your emotional conclusions.

28 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

There is no proof of the opposite and in 35 years in the health field I have seen no instance where a woman was in danger of her health that a late term abortion would fix.   It is just murder.

incompetent cervix and ensuing infection. happens. not a lot, but it happens.

just one example.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The problem with that is there are a lot of people religious or otherwise that cannot reconcile taking an innocent life, especially for convenience which is the reason for most abortions. There can be no discussion. They are not willing to compromise. 

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

incompetent cervix and ensuing infection. happens. not a lot, but it happens.

just one example.

Baby still has to come out, Cesarean or some other way.  Killing it is just another unnecessary issue if it is past 26 weeks.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Im saying if a woman is forced to carry a pregnancy to term the father should be punished the same. Jailed for the term of pregnancy and have his body but through a similar ordeal just to make sure both sexes have the same consequences of an unwanted pregnancy.

I understand you are trying to accentuate a point, but mom isn't in prison.  Hopefully mom and dad remain in a relationship.  Jailing dad will probably hurt mom even more.

I think simply flogging dad works.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Any law that says a female must carry and deliver a baby produced by rape, a conception in which the female played no willing part, is as authoritarian as it gets. 

Any law that says a woman must carry and deliver a baby at the risk of the mother's health or life, is as authoritarian as it gets. 

Even this recent legislation doesn't require a female to carry and deliver.  There is no legal consequence to her if she has an abortion.

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The problem with that is there are a lot of people religious or otherwise that cannot reconcile taking an innocent life, especially for convenience which is the reason for most abortions. There can be no discussion. They are not willing to compromise. 

Then, they should never get an abortion.

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You need to brush up on the adoption process. In most cases the adopted parents are responsible for those costs. I speak from experience. 

Adoption isn't cheap and there are couples lined up, waiting.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Precisely.  

Nothing mobilizes Progressives like having the ability to murder children in the womb.  

Nothing mobilizes Conservatives like having the ability to murder children outside the womb.

lol

The angle I see is ankkkor babies. Nobody wants to be forced to have babies just to have these nutjobs send them to die so they can consolidate more power.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s a dichotomy to me how liberals can get themselves into a frenzy over 10-20 kids killed in a mass shooting, but turn their backs on thousands of abortions done every year. It doesn’t compute. 

Agreed.  It's also a dichotomy that conservatives don't see their authoritarianism over women's bodies.

34 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

That’s another problem though.  The adoption process needs to be easier and less cost prohibitive.

It's expensive, but there isn't a lack of couples wanting to adopt.  Cost might limit some parents from being able to adopt.  But it's not causing a shortage for the kiddos in the adoption process.

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

lol

The angle I see is ankkkor babies. Nobody wants to be forced to have babies just to have these nutjobs send them to die so they can consolidate more power.

Not following where you’re going with that. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater