Sign in to follow this  
Balzac

The MWC is about to get better. Should the conference office move?

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Yikes!

Doesn't seem very hopeful for UNLV football.  You paint a gloomy picture.

If only there were about 30,000 @RebelRobert's living in Las Vegas.

Rebel Robert doesn't even live in Las Vegas lol. 

UNLV fb needs to become almost Boise like to get real fan support in my estimation. This town is just not interested in small potatoes.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, Hador said:

Because all the other college teams playing in NFL stadiums have enjoyed such great average attendance figures...

Look, I agree that for the first 1-2 years you may get a shot in the arm from people wanting to check out the new stadium, but after that UNLV will notice very swiftly that they have absolutely no say in that new stadium, that is way too big for their fanbase and that the NFL team will be more competition than they initially thought...especially if one does not have a particularly large fanbase to start with.

Then again as a UNM fan who am I to paint UNLV in a corner...our athletic department is broke and we have no clue of upgrading anything around our football program so I should probably shut up.

In Las Vegas specifically, the location and quality of the stadium is a huge issue for students and tourists. It's way too far from campus, next to houses.

The new stadium is state of the art, right off the strip and close to campus. Even if the team stays bad, attendance will rise permanantly just because of logistics. It wont stop because of all the tourists.

I dont even follow football, but now a cheap UNLV game will be s fun thing to do and easy to get to. Plus, the entire mwc can see the talent growing here already just in anticipation of the new stadium.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Hador said:

No question, given the state of UNLV football these past years up is probably the only direction in terms of attendance. I just don't think it will give the program the sort of huge boost that some fans seem to expect. For sure it raises the ceiling and gives an initial jolt...but unless that is followed up by winning on the field in the next 1-2 years that jolt will subside and the ceiling will stay out of reach.

Maybe? There may still be other moves that could be made. 

Shoe deal, new coach, new ad, tv contract along with Raiders possibly. 

Stadium just makes some of it easier because its a plus now, instead of a huge minus. Lots of tools for a good staff to work with now.

7 hours ago, qwelish said:

In Las Vegas specifically, the location and quality of the stadium is a huge issue for students and tourists. It's way too far from campus, next to houses.

The new stadium is state of the art, right off the strip and close to campus. Even if the team stays bad, attendance will rise permanantly just because of logistics. It wont stop because of all the tourists.

I dont even follow football, but now a cheap UNLV game will be s fun thing to do and easy to get to. Plus, the entire mwc can see the talent growing here already just in anticipation of the new stadium.

This will be a very important component.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:27 AM, qwelish said:

may actually switch to a football school just because of the stadium and its location. Its a huge deal.

Nice.  

I think they should move the MWC headquarters to Laramie.  Lower expenses and probably get Craig Thompson to quit.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 11:33 PM, Jeffkills said:

Maybe we ought to just pie Ballsack from now on...

american-pie.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Or keep Ballsack from staring at Helen Yee's store bought boobs.

Or at least get him to move out of his parents' house so his little brother can't keep taking embarrassing pictures of him.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:27 AM, qwelish said:

UNLV football tickets are cheap. People will attend UNLV football games just to see the stadium.

Also, the new stadium is just off the strip. Tourists will attend games now. Before zero tourists and few locals and students wanted to go to the old stadium and it sucked.

UNLV is about to get a big shot in the arm from football and may actually switch to a football school just because of the stadium and its location. Its a huge deal.

:rotflmfao: