Jump to content
alum93

Charlottesville

Recommended Posts

Coming straight from an alt right leader.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-alt-leader-no-charlottesville-without-trump-211142312.html

"There is no question that Charlottesville wouldn't have occurred without Trump," Richard Spencer, a leader of the so-called "alt-right," said in an interview with The Atlantic magazine.

"It really was because of his campaign and this new potential for a nationalist candidate who was resonating with the public in a very intense way," Spencer said.

"The alt-right found something in Trump," he said. "He changed the paradigm and made this kind of public presence of the alt-right possible."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You never want alt right leaders saying they are proud of you.  

Trump has been accused of giving tacit encouragement to white supremacists by failing to unequivocally condemn their ideology and his anti-immigration policies have mostly targeted Muslims, Africans and Latinos.

Trump drew broad criticism following the Charlottesville violence when he spoke of "very fine people" and "blame on both sides," appearing to establish a moral equivalence between the white supremacists and those who opposed them.

The incident turned Charlottesville into a symbol of the growing audacity of the far right under Trump.

Spencer, one of the organizers of the "Unite the Right" rally, told the Atlantic that Trump was "being honest and calling it like he saw it."

"I was proud of him at that moment," he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This has been debunked so many times and yet you still cling to it. Sad.

What has been debunked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This has been debunked so many times and yet you still cling to it. Sad.

You did read the article right?  What's to debunk?  An alt right leader is giving his opinion, directly quoted to be clear.  I would think he knows his hate group way better than we do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

What has been debunked?

That Trump called Neo-Nazi's "very fine people". He condemned white supremacy and Neo-Nazi's.

Here is a piece breaking it down: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/03/21/trump_didnt_call_neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html#!

Even Politifact, no friend of the right, backs up Trump: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alum93 said:

You did read the article right?  What's to debunk?  An alt right leader is giving his opinion, directly quoted to be clear.  I would think he knows his hate group way better than we do.

This:

2 hours ago, alum93 said:

Trump drew broad criticism following the Charlottesville violence when he spoke of "very fine people" and "blame on both sides," appearing to establish a moral equivalence between the white supremacists and those who opposed them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This:

 

Let's agree on this.  Trump did denounce white supremacists.  Let's also agree Charlottesville happened, and Trump's rhetoric added fuel to the fire for that scenario to even begin, let alone end.

 

His words have created a sense of validity in hate groups, both those like the alt-right who support him, and the antifa who feel that they need to be violent POS to counteract his presidency and its policy effects.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Let's agree on this.  Trump did denounce white supremacists.  Let's also agree Charlottesville happened, and Trump's rhetoric added fuel to the fire for that scenario to even begin, let alone end.

 

His words have created a sense of validity in hate groups, both those like the alt-right who support him, and the antifa who feel that they need to be violent POS to counteract his presidency and its policy effects.

There isn't a monopoly on rhetoric. The left has been calling conservatives racist, sexist homophobes for years. Now we are being called terrorists. Where is the condemnation from you for creating a sense of validity for those words and actions coming from the left against conservatives?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the "fine people" thing isn't completely fair, however his attempt to equivocate, in that moment, was crude and dumb.  It was hostile to that woman's family and meant to show some support to his team.  

However, not really the main point here.

Spencer's quotes are the meat and potatoes of this topic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

There isn't a monopoly on rhetoric. The left has been calling conservatives racist, sexist homophobes for years. Now we are being called terrorists. Where is the condemnation from you for creating a sense of validity for those words and actions coming from the left against conservatives?

I condemn all the nonsense of labeling entire groups due to the actions of a few fringe members but who are you defending here? The terrorist that drove his car in to Heather Heyer?

Of course conservatives are not terrorists but that guy was. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toonkee said:

I condemn all the nonsense of labeling entire groups due to the actions of a few fringe members but who are you defending here? The terrorist that drove his car in to Heather Heyer?

Of course conservatives are not terrorists but that guy was. 

 

Of course I'm not defending the guy who drove the car. 

All I said is that Alum93 and people like him spread a lie about what trump said about Charlottesville. The truth has been shown to them over and over but their narrative works better and they don't care about facts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

There isn't a monopoly on rhetoric. The left has been calling conservatives racist, sexist homophobes for years. Now we are being called terrorists. Where is the condemnation from you for creating a sense of validity for those words and actions coming from the left against conservatives?

Hmm, I just called antifa POS.  I mock social media and those who cry foul all day on it.  Wrong person to insinuate a bias.  I laugh at both sides equally, because the "teams and shit" lemmings are easy to laugh at.  

 

But solid display of your whataboutist nature on this.  :rotflmfao:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Hmm, I just called antifa POS.  I mock social media and those who cry foul all day on it.  Wrong person to insinuate a bias.  I laugh at both sides equally, because the "teams and shit" lemmings are easy to laugh at.  

 

But solid display of your whataboutist nature on this.  :rotflmfao:

 

I didn't know the truth was whataboutism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rebelbacker said:

 

I didn't know the truth was whataboutism. 

Whataboutisms can be truthful.  "But Obama did..."  "But Bush did...".  Absolutely can hold truths.

 

But I specifically meant your last sentence's inaccurate cry for fairness  from me against "the left".  You displayed exactly what you state you hate from the left. Many of us notice that the two teams (and shit) act extremely similar to each other.  It really makes me chuckle watching it play out on here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

That Trump called Neo-Nazi's "very fine people". He condemned white supremacy and Neo-Nazi's.

Here is a piece breaking it down: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/03/21/trump_didnt_call_neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html#!

Even Politifact, no friend of the right, backs up Trump: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

If you read the transcript correctly, it doesn't debunk the claim. If anything, it shows what everyone saw and heard the first time during the press conference. He couldn't handle the question and attempted to deflect by bring up former President Obama, talking about the economy and his administraiton's supposed success in inner cities. It show Trump doubling down on his immoral statement. He brings up the "alt-left" and left several times as attempts for justification for the alt-right. Then when talking about the alt-right and "alt-left" at the same time, he tries foolishly to save face by saying the fine-people on both sides remark.

Quote

 

Trump: "I think they’ve gotten better or the same. Look, they’ve been frayed for a long time. And you can ask President Obama about that, because he’d make speeches about it. But I believe that the fact that I brought in -- it will be soon -- millions of jobs -- you see where companies are moving back into our country -- I think that’s going to have a tremendous, positive impact on race relations.

"We have companies coming back into our country. We have two car companies that just announced. We have Foxconn in Wisconsin just announced. We have many companies, I say, pouring back into the country. I think that’s going to have a huge, positive impact on race relations.  You know why? It’s jobs. What people want now, they want jobs. They want great jobs with good pay, and when they have that, you watch how race relations will be.

"And I’ll tell you, we’re spending a lot of money on the inner cities.  We’re fixing the inner cities. We’re doing far more than anybody has done with respect to the inner cities.  It’s a priority for me, and it’s very important."

Reporter: "Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?"

Trump: "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch.

"But there is another side. There was a group on this side. You can call them the left -- you just called them the left -- that came violently attacking the other group. So you can say what you want, but that’s the way it is.

Reporter: (Inaudible) "… both sides, sir. You said there was hatred, there was violence on both sides. Are the --"

Trump: "Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides. If you look at both sides -- I think there’s blame on both sides. And I have no doubt about it, and you don’t have any doubt about it either. And if you reported it accurately, you would say."

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

 

He also constantly talked about gathering facts first, which is ridiculous. This is the same individual who facts include: Putin him told him Russia wasn't involved and he believes him over the FBI, "Mexican cartels have better and faster cars then BP" and "wind turbines cause cancer" and that "mothers and doctors decide a newborn's fate immediately after birth" etc.

You sound like one those fine people he talked about, Rb.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dinuba Dog said:

What does Richard Spencer say about Virginia's Democrat governor Ralph "coonman" Northam?

 

northam-1.thumb.jpeg.9c2aa86f7d67529fd62a6a8bca6af7a2.jpeg

And I'll give credit to the left that that party called him out on it. The right fiddles its thumbs anytime one of it members is exposed and then sweeps it under the rug while yelling "they are taking yer guns!" or "abortion over there!" or "but I'm a Christian".

Nice try. Thanks for playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Whataboutisms can be truthful.  "But Obama did..."  "But Bush did...".  Absolutely can hold truths.

 

But I specifically meant your last sentence's inaccurate cry for fairness  from me against "the left".  You displayed exactly what you state you hate from the left. Many of us notice that the two teams (and shit) act extremely similar to each other.  It really makes me chuckle watching it play out on here.

No, what I hate is not telling the truth. 

I asked where your condemnation was in those cases. 

56 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

His words have created a sense of validity in hate groups, both those like the alt-right who support him, and the antifa who feel that they need to be violent POS to counteract his presidency and its policy effects.

Judging you from this quote I took you to mean that Antifa isn't responsible for their actions, or it was justified, because how they view Trump. My larger point is that people like Alum93 and many others, continue to peddle the lie because it suits their cause. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

And I'll give credit to the left that that party called him out on it. The right fiddles its thumbs anytime one of it members is exposed and then sweeps it under the rug while yelling "they are taking yer guns!" or "abortion over there!" or "but I'm a Christian".

Nice try. Thanks for playing.

Bingo. Instead of calling out the racists in their ranks, far too many Republicans remain silent because they're afraid of losing votes.

When these pictures of Northam appeared, not a single Democrat leader publicly supported him and many very loudly denounced him and called for his resignation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×