Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NVBlueNeck

An Honest Proposal

Granted the reason we go to the non sports threads is partially so we can bitch and fight each other over politics. However, I have a proposal. Maybe we can all agree to select a day in the future where we go a legitimate full 24 hours without one new thread or one new post related to politics. We can talk about food, science, history, anything....anything at all.....just not politics. It will be a toxin cleanse for our mind and our soul. What say you?

4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I have a Traeger about 6 months old.  I would like a thread in BBQ with Traeger or similar unit.

I have had a Rec Tec for about 5 years. I love talking about smoking and grilling. Just did tri tip on Saturday. Fantastic.

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I just bought a new Toyota Tacoma after getting 374,000 miles out of my 99 Taco. Anybody else here drive a taco 

My father bought one, it started on fire and burnt down his garage after 44,000 miles.

I recommended it to him too.  He hasn't let me live that down especially since I drive a Ford.

6 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I just bought a new Toyota Tacoma after getting 374,000 miles out of my 99 Taco. Anybody else here drive a taco 

YUP....'05 4dr TRD Off-Road 4x4 here.

My wife bought a 99 Corolla rental return before we started dating.  I took it over when we got married, ran it up to 350k, sold it to a relative and it had 400k when he sold it. Toyota + Maintenance = Longevity + Reliability

110926run_defense710.jpg

12 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

We have 2 Tundras as work trucks. They've been great. Bought them in 05 and 06. I wish Toyota didn't change the style. I would buy a couple of more. Can't find 8' bed with a 6 cylinder in mid size trucks anymore. The Tundra changed to full size around the time we bought our last one

Each has about 215000 miles on them and still going strong

7 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

There are two things I spend way too much money on....cars and ties.

For me it’s ammunition and meat. Target shooting and BBQ have me by the balls.