Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Tariffs

35 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I am not sure what is worse, shopping at Walmart or flying commercial airlines.  Currently over Helper Utah.  Both are the drizzling shyts.  Prefer to be staying at Greybull Hotel or having dinner at the Elkorn in Meeteetse.

I don't know what that means, but hey, we've found some common ground on Walmart and air travel. :cheers:

The tariff thing is really the Trump thing I'm not too mad about.  It's not a kick the can down the road kind of thing to do.  Somewhere along the way if we want to fix anything, it will take a short-term pain investment and 99% of us aren't willing to do that or take responsibility.  Trump 2020! 

This will be interesting...China does not react well from external pressures.   The best we can do in the meantime is to encourage competition from other countries. If China sees they are losing market share, they may do the right thing.

37 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I don't know what that means, but hey, we've found some common ground on Walmart and air travel. :cheers:

Two of this year's trips to my cabin behind the cheese curtain are less than three weeks duration, hence my relucance to drive 

https://www.historichotelgreybull.com/

Joe's hangout:

The Elkhorn Bar

https://yelp.to/qTKq/wY3cNld5GW

110926run_defense710.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

Joe from Wyo's mind temporarily inhabited his body it seems lol. I've never heard anyone else talk about Meteetsee before

Before your time (on this board):

110926run_defense710.jpg

I'm not in favor of tariffs in general, but IF....IF they lead to better trade deals down the road that save costs in the long run, then I'll be tolerant of them temporarily. 

3 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Ewwwwww. Walmart is where good ideas(and retirees) go to die

There's lots to think about Walmart but it seems like they know how to squeeze a buck out of a good idea better than almost anyone.

26 minutes ago, renoskier said:

There's lots to think about Walmart but it seems like they know how to squeeze a buck out of a good idea better than almost anyone.

I'll rephrase it, they purchase the discount version of a good idea and the good idea gets a bad name for it

20 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I'll rephrase it, they purchase the discount version of a good idea and the good idea gets a bad name for it

Oh, are you saying they sell some shit? Yes, but they also sell a lot of brand name merchandise at a good price. 

Not my favorite place but I respect what they've built.

18 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I'm not in favor of tariffs in general, but IF....IF they lead to better trade deals down the road that save costs in the long run, then I'll be tolerant of them temporarily. 

That’s where most sane people looking at the issue through anything but a partisan lens would land.

v0icAvfW.jpg

I think it is funny how stupid people are about Walmart.

It is a great place, has done more for health care than any government program by forcing pharma prices on generics down.  Has done more for the poor by importing cloths and supplies from around the world at low prices.

Has employed some of the most unemployable citizens of our country and at least given them some pride in a job and an income.

Only a nose in their pretender and fool would dislike Walmart even if you didn't shop there.