Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

California Republicans

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Sure I can, definitely better than a New Yorker anyway. Frankly, as some New Yorker, your opinion on what constitutes "real Montana" is about as valuable as tits on a boar. 

I'm not trying to identify "real Montana" and I don't give a shit what you happen to think "real Montana" is.

Call it whatever the phuck you want, more out of state-ers are headed your way and there's nothing you can do about it.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I'm not trying to identify "real Montana" and I don't give a shit what you happen to think "real Montana" is.

Call it whatever the phuck you want, more out of state-ers are headed your way and there's nothing you can do about it.

Again, I know you're senile and argumentative, but I really don't give a shit about your opinion on it, as you are a New Yorker. If I want to consult someone about piss-smelling, crime-ridden streets, overpriced real estate, high taxes, and Yankee Stadium, you'll be high on my list of people to talk to. Take a nap. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Again, I know you're senile and argumentative, but I really don't give a shit about your opinion on it, as you are a New Yorker. If I want to consult someone about piss-smelling, crime-ridden streets, overpriced real estate, high taxes, and Yankee Stadium, you'll be high on my list of people to talk to. Take a nap. 

Alright, that does it, I'm buying land in Montana before the end of the month.

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Alright, that does it, I'm buying land in Montana before the end of the month.

It's a big state. One New Yorker won't upset the balance of things. Who knows, maybe you can open a delicatessen. 

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's a big state. One New Yorker won't upset the balance of things. Who knows, maybe you can open a delicatessen. 

I'm bringing the whole family....maybe some friends too.

Image result for huge family

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I'm bringing the whole family....maybe some friends too.

Image result for huge family

Are you moving to West Yellowstone?

Maybe you can start a commune like the Hmong did. 

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

So California has no Republicans because they’re all leaving and Nevada and Idaho are turning blue because of all the Californians moving in. Got it.

5 hours ago, renoskier said:

So all the Republicans fleeing California are making Nevada more "blue" like California? Hmmm...:hmmm:

Not what I said. Nevada is getting California, just not the red California. Don't pretend like you don't know or pretend it isn't true. The transplant population here has turned the state light blue 

18 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Not what I said. Nevada is getting California, just not the red California. Don't pretend like you don't know or pretend it isn't true. The transplant population here has turned the state light blue 

What you, and a few others, have said is that folks are leaving California because of the politics/lifestyle.

So it doesn't make much sense that the newbies would be trying to recreate what you say they're running from.

BTW, I've been in Reno for 35 years, and although it's bigger, it's still pretty much the same place I fell in love with in 1984. In many ways it's even better now.

4 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

We have something similar. I'm glad you guys are getting mostly sane ones. Unfortunately down here we're not so lucky. The "keep Reno weird" people and the social program crutch crowd have established themselves here mostly from the bay area

We get democrats also but Idaho is so red they don't move the needle, but they congregate in the most urban areas they can find and try to screw up those neighborhoods.

8 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

It is that simple. New influx of people change demographics every time. Look at Texas. Huge influx of west coasters, now it's purpling

California is a minority majority state.   Pete Wilson started the slide but Trump accelerated it in key areas like Orange County.  Not to mention even Republican Orange County tends to be Libertarian and they tend to be hostile to Trump also.  

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

There are parts of New York that are more Montana than Montana. 

Seriously?  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

I have been to those parts of New York everyone says is rural and it isn't.  It is farm after farm after little town after farm.  It would be the most populated portion of Nevada, Idaho or Montana outside Clark county and the Treasure Valley.

Just because there are trees and you can't see very far doesn't make it rural in any sense.

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

What you, and a few others, have said is that folks are leaving California because of the politics/lifestyle.

So it doesn't make much sense that the newbies would be trying to recreate what you say they're running from.

BTW, I've been in Reno for 35 years, and although it's bigger, it's still pretty much the same place I fell in love with in 1984. In many ways it's even better now.

You haven't paid much attention in 35 years then.  Washoe county voted republican from Bush on back in presidential elections until Obama in 2008 now it is a democratic stronghold.

In 1985 every washoe politician was a republican from Raggio to Cashel who were the leaders in the legislature.    County government was majority republican and so was Reno and sparks city government.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Research/Publications/NVLegislators/NVLegislators.pdf

11 hours ago, renoskier said:

Or maybe it's "purpling" because some long time Republicans are getting turned off by the GOP and the religious right platform?

Is that even possible?

My mom and her two sisters were long term Republicans.  All of whom recently left the Party.   Most of their friends are disgusted by Trump.  One of them has a husband who works in the Trump administration and she is disgusted by Trump. 

13 hours ago, sactowndog said:

So Republican’s in CA are damn near extinct.   In the Congressional delegation, California has 46 Democrats and 7 Republicans.   The State Senate is 28 Dems and 10 Republicans.   The State Assembly is 61 Dems and 19 Republicans.   

The Republican brand thanks to Trump is toxic in much of the state.   Is it time for the CA GOP to split off and form a new Party?   Go back to the western Libertarian, more environmental friendly version of Republicanism but under a new name.   

With all due respect, you really are amazingly stupid. CA has been slowly going further left, but it’s been slow in the last decade because it’s already so far left. CA is actually a very GOP state on the more rural eastern side. But the numbers can’t complete with the coastal big cities and expanded along the coastline. But it’s been this way for decades and slowly gotten worse because of poor immigrants from Mexico wanting entitlements. They also had a lot move to CA because welfare was so good. It’s also slowly gotten worse because GOP inspired businesses got tired of the high taxes and high cost of living and bolted to Nevada, Arizona, etc. 

Trump has done nothing to change this, good or bad.

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, renoskier said:

"The other theory is that Republican support for anti-immigrant ballot initiatives and candidates ruined the GOP brand in the eyes of immigrants, their children, and whites who were turned off by the nativist appeals – driving all of them into the arms of the Democrats who were pro-immigration.  More evidence supports the second theory than the first."

I think there's a lot of truth in the bolded part.

Sure because many Californians know personally kids who are dreamers and/or families who have been torn apart.   At its core, California/Western libertarian based Republicanism has lost out to Southern Social Conservatism.   

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Sure because many Californians know personally kids who are dreamers and/or families who have been torn apart.   At its core, California/Western libertarian based Republicanism has lost out to Southern Social Conservatism.   

Yes, so has the northeast Chamber of Commerce Republicanism.

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

You really are amazingly stupid. CA is actually a very GOP state on the more rural eastern side. But the numbers can’t complete with the coastal big cities and expanded along the coastline. But it’s been this way for decades and slowly gotten worse because of poor immigrants from Mexico wanting entitlements. They also had a lot move to CA because welfare was so good. It’s also slowly gotten worse because GOP inspired businesses got tired of the high taxes and high cost of living and bolted to Nevada, Arizona, etc.

Dude I have lived in California my whole life including the eastern side.   I understand this state far better than you.   But it’s typical of your type of stupidity to respond to a post that is mostly factually statements on representation with an insult.   It’s pretty much all you’ve got because you’re too stupid and partisan for a thoughtful response. 

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Dude I have lived in California my whole life including the eastern side.   I understand this state far better than you.   But it’s typical of your type of stupidity to respond to a post that is mostly factually statements on representation with an insult.   It’s pretty much all you’ve got because you’re too stupid and partisan for a thoughtful response. 

Dude, I’ve lived most of my life in Eastern CA (eastern Kern County) you dope. The fact that you think Trump has suddenly changed the entrenched political lines in CA is shocking. How do you expect to get respect when you have these crazy ideas? You also think the GOP has been moving hard right, and that’s another laugher. I’m still waiting for a response from you in that other thread.

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, I’ve lived most of my life in Eastern CA (eastern Kern County) you dope. The fact that you think Trump has suddenly changed the entrenched political lines in CA is shocking.

Have you looked at Orange County results lately?  Have you looked at Democratic in-roads in the Central Valley?

The GOP's statewide brand was once lustrous enough to carry six straight presidential elections, from 1968 to 1988. Compare that with last November, when President Trump lost half of the Republican congressional districts. In eight of the nominally Republican districts, Democratic voter registration has risen since 2013. How many of those saw an uptick in Republicans? Zero.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-road-map-republican-congressional-districts-california-20170416-story.html