Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

Time the MWC kicks out the Leeches

21 hours ago, Warbow said:

Fill your tinker box stadium then we’ll talk.

Stadium smack from a school who's stadium is crumbling away & averages 24k-per/game...INTERESTING.

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, you had a few good teams about 10 years ago, but the past doesn’t pay the bills. Just ask UNLV how1990 still makes them so great in BB. OK, ask anyone else but UNLV that question. 😂  And please don’t give me this NY6 crap. You hardly played anyone that year and got extremely lucky to get there, and you were completely exposed when you were easily crushed. It was an embarrassment.

Attendance? Who cares if a bunch of people show up to watch mediocrity? Your attendance numbers are just as puffed as the others that engage in extreme puffery. Where are you guys going to play when your stadium gets condemned in a few years? At a high school? How’s your attendance going to be then? How many schools have had their stadiums condemned? CSU built a new one rather than fix one up. SDSU is fine with their future plans. 

Nevada offers the conference great athletics as a full member. You can’t even be a one trick pony. Hawaii could be a great football school. But the stupid dysfunctional management have run it right into the ground. 

Like I said, let me know when you get there, then we’ll talk.

fyi...Wake up, haven’t you heard we building a new stadium?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Stadium smack from a school who's stadium is crumbling away...INTERESTING.

You guys need to keep up, Hawaii new stadium should be up and running in 2022. In the meantime we’ll continue to outdraw you guys in your new cracker box stadiums.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

14 minutes ago, RSF said:

2011 meet your time frame?

Just put the shovel down, pal.  You're out of your depth.

Would help if I knew what team you’re affiliated with. If it’s not a current MWC team besides BoiseSt. than STFU, you don’t belong in this conversation. 

12 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Like I said, let me know when you get there, then we’ll talk.

fyi...Wake up, haven’t you heard we building a new stadium?

So you’re 4 steps away from getting some water color drawings. Great. Nobody but you cares about your silly criteria for being a good FB school, captain complacency. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

You guys need to keep up, Hawaii new stadium should be up and running in 2022. In the meantime we’ll continue to outdraw you guys in your new cracker box stadiums.

Don't let the facts get in your way:

2018 - CSU attendance compared to Hawai'i:  +13%

2017 - CSU attendance compared to Hawai'i:  +24%

Give us a holler once your post above is no longer FAKE NEWS & y'all are outdrawing CSU

¡¡¡ GO STATE !!!

2018 MWC f'ball Attnd - 19May14.png

2017 MWC Football Attend - 19May14.png

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Remember when CSU fans tried to factor in their neutral site game with Colorado into their home attendance?

And students because they purchase tickets via student fees so those counted as tickets sold.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

18 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Don't let the facts get in your way:

2018 - CSU attendance compared to Hawai'i:  +13%

2017 - CSU attendance compared to Hawai'i:  +24%

Give us a holler once your post above is no longer FAKE NEWS & y'all are outdrawing CSU

¡¡¡ GO STATE !!!

2018 MWC f'ball Attnd - 19May14.png

2017 MWC Football Attend - 19May14.png

I believe that the NCAA still has a rule on the books that a program must average an attendance of more than 15,000 on a rolling average over two years to remain in FBS.  San Jose has been under 15,000 for two consecutive years.  Shouldn't they be involuntarily demoted to FCS, by NCAA rule?  And if they are demoted to FCS, I believe they can no longer be a member of the conference.

6 hours ago, LKGates said:

I believe that the NCAA still has a rule on the books that a program must average an attendance of more than 15,000 on a rolling average over two years to remain in FBS.  San Jose has been under 15,000 for two consecutive years.  Shouldn't they be involuntarily demoted to FCS, by NCAA rule?  And if they are demoted to FCS, I believe they can no longer be a member of the conference.

They are on attendance probation by the MWC. All they have to do is increase the previous years total by 1 for the next 800 years to get off of probation.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, Warbow said:

A better idea would for for BYU and Hawaii to start a new western conference. I’m sure we can lure Arizona and Arizona St state away from the lowly PAC-12. 

1. BYU

2. Utah

3. Hawaii

4. Arizona

5. Arizona St.

6. Utah St.

7. Boise St.

8. UNLV

9. Nevada

10. San Diego St.

11. Fresno St.

12. Air Force

Is the goal of this exercise to put together a schedule whereby Hawaii goes winless? 

5 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Is the goal of this exercise to put together a schedule whereby Hawaii goes winless? 

No, we would still have FCS scubs like Idaho on our non-conference schedule.

22 hours ago, LKGates said:

It can be a 15K average for actual or PAID attendance: https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article186539223.html

"Involuntary demotion" = relegation in the soccer sense and I once thought the MW should have such a rule itself. However, it would be preferable if SJSU left voluntarily. That could be accomplished by such means as allowing conference members to retain their tier 3 rights, allowing schools which earn NCAA tournament credits to retain half that money off the top before it's doled out to the rest of the conference and having each of the conference's other ten schools pony up $1 million to get the Spartans to leave.

Boom goes the dynamite.

10 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

It can be a 15K average for actual or PAID attendance: https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article186539223.html

"Involuntary demotion" = relegation in the soccer sense and I once thought the MW should have such a rule itself. However, it would be preferable if SJSU left voluntarily. That could be accomplished by such means as allowing conference members to retain their tier 3 rights, allowing schools which earn NCAA tournament credits to retain half that money off the top before it's doled out to the rest of the conference and having each of the conference's other ten schools pony up $1 million to get the Spartans to leave.

I strongly suspect that IS the paid attendance.  The few televised games I've seen from San Jose looked like they had fewer than 5,000 actual people in attendance.  And do you think they'd report the LOWER number to the conference?  It isn't like they're saving the higher number for something.

And what's the object of the NCAA rule if there isn't any consequence?  Honestly, I think the conference office should be quietly discussing this with the NCAA.  On the other hand, as has been discussed in INNUMERABLE threads, if San Jose is expelled, it isn't as if there is a phenomenal substitute waiting in the wings.  NMSU?  Idaho?  UTSA?  Meh.

9 hours ago, LKGates said:

I strongly suspect that IS the paid attendance.  The few televised games I've seen from San Jose looked like they had fewer than 5,000 actual people in attendance.  And do you think they'd report the LOWER number to the conference?  It isn't like they're saving the higher number for something.

And what's the object of the NCAA rule if there isn't any consequence?  Honestly, I think the conference office should be quietly discussing this with the NCAA.  On the other hand, as has been discussed in INNUMERABLE threads, if San Jose is expelled, it isn't as if there is a phenomenal substitute waiting in the wings.  NMSU?  Idaho?  UTSA?  Meh.

Paid attendance for sure. I've read several articles over the years which indicated that schools in jeopardy of violating the NCAA minimum have simply gotten local businesses to purchase a few thousand season tickets. Think about it. Those kinds of schools never have more than half a dozen home games. Make the lowest priced seats $15 and a season ticket can be purchased for less than $100. At that price 100 would cost the company less than $10,000 and if they were given away to charitable organizations about one-third could be written off the company's income tax while also buying it advertising and good PR in the school's media guide, on its scoreboard and elsewhere. Schools with a student population as large as SJSU should have no problem hitting up alumni to accomplish that.

The MW needn't backfill if SJSU leaves. It's no longer necessary to have 12 football teams for a conference title game and if they wanted to stay at 11 for basketball, the answer to that would be to let Hawaii in for all sports as should have been done at the outset.

Boom goes the dynamite.