Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sjsbuff

Dick Tomey passes away

Very sad to hear this. I was fortunate enough to speak with Coach Tomey many times during my days of covering San Jose State football for Scout.com. I last spoke with him, with a quick "hello coach", when I unexpectedly saw him standing out in front of his residence building in Santana Row, while I was rushing to dinner. He was always very nice to myself and the members of the press. He had some great sayings, such as referring to Boise State as "the Wicked Witch Of The West", and, when asked what was the key to beating Hawaii when traveling to the islands? "Bring a good team." 

Champ Logo.jpg

I'm very sad to hear that Coach Tomey has passed away. He was a really good guy. I emailed him when he was working at South Florida to congratulate him on a great career and he sent me the nicest response. I'll never forget the 2006 New Mexico Bowl. It was the first bowl game I went to and Coach Tomey and crew got the win over the Lobos. 

Rest in peace Coach. God bless your family and friends. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Tomey

Header media XO9XC3JFlcnbUBJb9IPq1PDaIv0lZYOfO0zgx3wd2nJsn5hma2_NLZAZW_4HICMqyriawZEoz787h0DUJkj31QmBcRfgSl3NtO-Wc5b7JTFwYhZg5t7CNIrpyg4SdTb6MY7E1tyKm9IbphADFpVPB2dSYujcCjooFjGhpx14GgFFTYcDVIBA57ZObKtzb2YjA4oZxIW-HTjbvYYkvzfhQEnyxvnFkMaJPydRDzlt3WoWIrO328qL1U-kdRfdk4Xp9Nq5NzokvQVFdbiXF261G8Sh0-Y0Srk90YJ2w--LHZCZXE4J9Ryerzup9i_W_4LJnUnHWOcJ11Xx-xqgrltK-nOTglTBiRq_U-zjG-r6nxIJK7S1SiGoRVZRfgZf3zuP1e2d87jQhYrhcGXaGTzYQAIBXH40u7iuETRumdeKYYXxlNOXe4wPNu2ZIS2s2viaHGn4KF2pl74hDVK0WzSVWj7Bs99ykgOdtpzpfX5KgTCzRI-lRlwVZyhy573u8MtGz0dw8ItdbeSGTgkFTuWKay2vSWnGD8t6crBbBiuh8d3yG6xSfR2hLlk0Hoo039F56YoGldz9KwLKcv_2iAYF_I8aBb_5ye1MJlbaY5ltd77xgf5-qJ4_lT2MWCiiqh9AsnaFXUlrpEe5d9-oYfcCf6HXMhDmCf4s=w460-h450-no

It only fitting that Arizona and Hawaii play in the season opener on the rock this year. RIP coach Tomey!

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.