Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Trump has more donations from Women than any 2020 Dem

Just now, Rocket said:

I must be, when I search here I get a much different story.

https://opensecrets.org

OpenSecrets tracks so-called "dark money" and donations to PACs/Super PACs. Those aren't direct donations to any one candidate, which is that we're talking about here. 

Just now, retrofade said:

OpenSecrets tracks so-called "dark money" and donations to PACs/Super PACs. Those aren't direct donations to any one candidate, which is that we're talking about here. 

ok talk away then, I'll be over here chilling out. Call me when you're ready to talk for reals.

12 minutes ago, Rocket said:

:lol:

You show the same fundamental lack of critical thinking skills, and resort to digging your heels in instead of realizing that you were incorrect about something.

Fact: Nobody can directly donate $500,000 to any one candidate

Rocket: I DON'T CARE ABOUT FACTS!!!!

Guest #1Stunner

What was amazing during the last election was how much constant airtime and coverage Trump got from the Networks.  It was like free advertising for him.

I wonder if the liberal news networks will collaborate together to deny him coverage this next election?

9 hours ago, retrofade said:

You show the same fundamental lack of critical thinking skills, and resort to digging your heels in instead of realizing that you were incorrect about something.

Fact: Nobody can directly donate $500,000 to any one candidate

Rocket: I DON'T CARE ABOUT FACTS!!!!

I'm like a machine,  follow the money, follow the money, follow the money. There you find all the reasons why all the shit that happens.... happens, you can pretty much predict shit.

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Now that is bombastically dope there, rico suave. Perfecto.

In a parallel universe I'm a shameful white winger and you're a caring, considerate, honorable, grateful, tolerant, diverse person on the left. Was it social conditioning, circumstances or choices that brought us here?

23 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You can’t prove that 538 does anything. And we all know it’s a left wing hack of an operation because the owners are. And we also know it’s a left wing hack site because you’re willing to take a leap of faith on it. 😂😹 Now when have you ever done that if it wasn’t a far left cause? 😜👍🌼

You have absolutely no clue at all, and you’re the long time co-board champion in the category of ‘hopeless partisan hack’ along with moronjack. You’d argue until your faced turned blue that shit doesn’t stink if that’s what all the left wing hacks and the DNC were pushing as fact. Just amazing.  

Pretty funny coming from you.  You, Tools and Rebelbacker are among the biggest partisan hacks on the board.   

On 5/12/2019 at 4:06 PM, #1Stunner said:

What was amazing during the last election was how much constant airtime and coverage Trump got from the Networks.  It was like free advertising for him.

I wonder if the liberal news networks will collaborate together to deny him coverage this next election?

That's a great point.

In fact, just a week or so ago - or after you posted that (I've ignored this latest Convert brown nosing of Trump until this morning) - the L.A. Times had an article about the head honcho for CNN. Among the things the guy stated was an admission that during the early campaigning, CNN erred in broadcasting the entirety of many of Trump's rallies. He said that at the time the thinking was they should do so because the turnouts were so surprisingly large as to be newsworthy but their size would diminish over time because Trump was basically just a bombastic TV personality and that truly qualified name opponents like Jeb Bush would gradually pull ahead and Trump would just drop out of the race.

So I think the answer to your question is that CNN and MSNBC will absolutely not broadcast the entirety of Trump rallies this time but just have a reporter present for sound bites and brief commentary. And consider also that this election cycle, Trump won't be able to take advantage of all those Republican debates for "free advertising" because there probably won't be more than one, if that.

So at this early time, I think if the economy remains strong and the Dems are dumb enough to nominate Warren, both of which are quite possible, Trump will be reelected. However, if the Dems nominate Biden and the economy begins going south, Trump is going to be out of a job.

Boom goes the dynamite.

21 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

That's a great point.

In fact, just a week or so ago - or after you posted that (I've ignored this latest Convert brown nosing of Trump until this morning) - the L.A. Times had an article about the head honcho for CNN. Among the things the guy stated was an admission that during the early campaigning, CNN erred in broadcasting the entirety of many of Trump's rallies. He said that at the time the thinking was they should do so because the turnouts were so surprisingly large as to be newsworthy but their size would diminish over time because Trump was basically just a bombastic TV personality and that truly qualified name opponents like Jeb Bush would gradually pull ahead and Trump would just drop out of the race.

So I think the answer to your question is that CNN and MSNBC will absolutely not broadcast the entirety of Trump rallies this time but just have a reporter present for sound bites and brief commentary. And consider also that this election cycle, Trump won't be able to take advantage of all those Republican debates for "free advertising" because there probably won't be more than one, if that.

So at this early time, I think if the economy remains strong and the Dems are dumb enough to nominate Warren, both of which are quite possible, Trump will be reelected. However, if the Dems nominate Biden and the economy begins going south, Trump is going to be out of a job.

I don't think cable news matters any more. MSNBC, CNN and Fox viewers skew to their candidates already. Combined they have about 3 million daily viewers. Trump has over 90 million twitter followers on 4 different accounts. He can get as much reaction as he wants.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, #1Stunner said:

Honestly, he played the media.  I still say half the things he said were to get a rise and coverage time - keeping his name at the top of discussion.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

Womp, womp.

In a new poll, a significant majority of American women who are registered to vote say they are not likely to support President Trump’s re-election effort in 2020, setting him up with a gender gap that may prove difficult to overcome.

In a June 1-2 Hill-HarrisX survey, 62 percent of female registered voters said they were unlikely to support Trump’s bid to obtain a second term. Fifty-three percent said they were very unlikely to back Trump while 9 percent said they were somewhat unlikely. Thirty-eight percent of women who participated said they were likely to back Trump.

In the 2016 election, exit polls indicated that 41 percent of women who voted chose Trump meaning that he has likely lost some support from women during his presidency.

The survey found that male voters were more evenly split about re-electing the president with 51 percent of respondents saying they were either somewhat or very likely to support him and 49 percent saying they were somewhat or very unlikely to support Trump, within the poll’s 3.1 percent sampling margin of error.

A majority of women of all age groups said they would decline to support Trump while men’s opinions differed based upon their ages. A 57 percent majority of men between 18 and 34 said they were unlikely to support Trump while a narrow majority of men 35 and up, 54 percent, said they were likely to support the president.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/447308-trumps-giant-gender-gap-62-percent-of-women-say-they-are