Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Best BBall Coaching Jobs in MW

17 minutes ago, SF-SJSU02 said:

Outside of Boise in football, everybody in the MW is mediocre or worse. Every school is one bad coach away from finishing last in FB. Just look at Fresno, one of the strongest FB traditions in the MW. Finished Dead last with a bad coach, they bring in a new coach and they are on top. SJSU, UNLV, WYO, UNM, UNR, CSU, AFA and Utah state rarely move the national needle in the major sports and when they do it is often short lived. Face it for good or for bad the MW belongs together.

Nope. Your lot is pretty stinking bad. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, hopelessly horrible. SJSU should just quit sports altogether. There is zero fan interest and even less interest from the administration

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Here - let me make it easier for all of you:

Conference-Chain-Mountain-West.jpg.optim

Not to mention you absolutely OWN little Eric Musselman. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

56 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

So, the one appearance as a MWC member qualifies as the most? And co champs as well. If you're going to be triggered, be correct with your complaints. Otherwise I understand your pain

You can hang on to the co-champ title all you would like but I'm pretty sure the banner you hang in Lawlor will not read "Co-Champions". A rubber match was scheduled in Vegas to settle it and one team didn't show up.

The most appearances was in reference to program history/tradition. UNLV is #1 by a large margin in this one but USU has been to more NCAA Tournaments than anyone all-time, including UNLV. Nowhere does it state that history or tradition is only for years in the MWC, what kind of measuring stick would that be? If that were the case, then UNLV would not be #1 - SDSU would be.

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

LMAO...hilarious. Poor USU is only better than AFA and SJSU.

They lost me at The Spectrum being the 5th best game atmosphere but then included quotes about the biggest and best student section in the conference.

Guess we'll just have to settle for:

• #1 - Conference Champs
  • #1 - Conference Tourney Champs
  • #1 - 2019-2020 recruiting class
  • #1 - most NCAA Tourney appearances in MWC

Must be a horrid job.

/triggered :foottap:

#5 is a little low if you're talking about game atmosphere inside the spectrum during an actual basketball game. NO knock on Lawlor, but at its loudest it doesn't hold a candle to the Spectrum. You can make arguments for the Pit, Viejas, and T&M being louder/better B-Ball environments, but I don't buy Lawlor being better. When was the last time a Lawlor atmosphere caused broken fire hydrants for crying out loud? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

27 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

You can hang on to the co-champ title all you would like but I'm pretty sure the banner you hang in Lawlor will not read "Co-Champions". A rubber match was scheduled in Vegas to settle it and one team didn't show up.

The most appearances was in reference to program history/tradition. UNLV is #1 by a large margin in this one but USU has been to more NCAA Tournaments than anyone all-time, including UNLV. Nowhere does it state that history or tradition is only for years in the MWC, what kind of measuring stick would that be? If that were the case, then UNLV would not be #1 - SDSU would be.

Running rampant in a meaningless Big West

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Nope. Your lot is pretty stinking bad. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, hopelessly horrible. SJSU should just quit sports altogether. There is zero fan interest and even less interest from the administration

sjm-sjsuad-0520-01.jpg?w=620

5 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Running rampant in a meaningless Big West

Haha...I seem to remember a certain team being labeled the kings of the WAC with a top 10 ranking and NBA prospects year after year when USU was finally invited to the WAC. I remember everyone saying how the Aggies would struggle and could not possibly do what they did in the lowly Big West - after all, they were now playing big boy basketball in the WAC. I seem to also recall the Aggies smacking the Pack off their throne (culminated by beating that top 10 UNR team twice in the single week) and then going on to win back-to-back-to-back-to-back conference championships and declaring everyone in the WAC their bitch. Have to say, this past year sure felt like history repeating itself.

I do find it cool that the massive achievement you are touting was beating a conference mate in a low major WAC twice in one week.  You had a stretch where you were better than Nevada..Wow, what a history.

1 hour ago, SF-SJSU02 said:

Outside of Boise in football, everybody in the MW is mediocre or worse. Every school is one bad coach away from finishing last in FB. Just look at Fresno, one of the strongest FB traditions in the MW. Finished Dead last with a bad coach, they bring in a new coach and they are on top. SJSU, UNLV, WYO, UNM, UNR, CSU, AFA and Utah state rarely move the national needle in the major sports and when they do it is often short lived. Face it for good or for bad the MW belongs together.

The thing is, SJSU never should have been invited to join in the first place.

I have nothing against SJSU. But there is no doubt the conference would be better without them.  We no longer need 12 FB teams.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

45 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Haha...I seem to remember a certain team being labeled the kings of the WAC with a top 10 ranking and NBA prospects year after year when USU was finally invited to the WAC. I remember everyone saying how the Aggies would struggle and could not possibly do what they did in the lowly Big West - after all, they were now playing big boy basketball in the WAC. I seem to also recall the Aggies smacking the Pack off their throne (culminated by beating that top 10 UNR team twice in the single week) and then going on to win back-to-back-to-back-to-back conference championships and declaring everyone in the WAC their bitch. Have to say, this past year sure felt like history repeating itself.

I think the competition is a bit better here than the WAC.  I would like to see a trend before I think we can say history is repeating itself.

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

#5 is a little low if you're talking about game atmosphere inside the spectrum during an actual basketball game. NO knock on Lawlor, but at its loudest it doesn't hold a candle to the Spectrum. You can make arguments for the Pit, Viejas, and T&M being louder/better B-Ball environments, but I don't buy Lawlor being better. When was the last time a Lawlor atmosphere caused broken fire hydrants for crying out loud? 

I'd have the Spectrum #2 behind the Pit

1. New Mexico is really the toughest because the fans show up even when the team isn't great

2. SDSU.. Great student section

3. Wyoming, when the team is good..way up high in the mountains

4. UNLV  but only when they are good

5.  Nevada...ditto

6.  Fresno State...ditto

7. Boise State..ditto

8. CSU..ditto

9. USU..when the students aren't there it is like being in a library.

10 AFA..

11. SJSU

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

1. New Mexico is really the toughest because the fans show up even when the team isn't great

2. SDSU.. Great student section

3. Wyoming, when the team is good..way up high in the mountains

4. UNLV  but only when they are good

5.  Nevada...ditto

6.  Fresno State...ditto

7. Boise State..ditto

8. CSU..ditto

9. USU..when the students aren't there it is like being in a library.

10 AFA..

11. SJSU

But the students ARE there and were this season. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

But the students ARE there and were this season. 

I was there at the UNM/USU Spectrum game and came away very impressed. Great atmosphere.

USU students represent...and SDSU (no first hand experience). UNM's not so much.