Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Best BBall Coaching Jobs in MW

11 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Here - let me make it easier for all of you:

Conference-Chain-Mountain-West.jpg.optim

¿How can you compile a matrix determining "Best BBall Coaching Jobs in MW" w/out including the coaches' salaries?

This is rich for a UNLV fan. UNLV is not and will never be a football power in this league. As others have said they should drop football but keep the other sports. If UNLV were to do that we would have an unequal number of BB and FB teams in an 11 team conference. Then by dropping SJSU we could lower our membership to 10 and have a good and often competitive conference. Our future TV contract would be no worse than it will very probably be with no changes to membership. 

Whilst it is possible that UNLV will never be a basketball power again it at least has a chance in the round ball area. I for one would like to see them recover some of there past glory in the sport. PH unfortunately is either a troll or requires help from a good and well meaning psychologist.

The future of college sports in Nevada may be in the northern part of the state. 

4 hours ago, 1066 said:

This is rich for a UNLV fan. UNLV is not and will never be a football power in this league. As others have said they should drop football but keep the other sports. If UNLV were to do that we would have an unequal number of BB and FB teams in an 11 team conference. Then by dropping SJSU we could lower our membership to 10 and have a good and often competitive conference. Our future TV contract would be no worse than it will very probably be with no changes to membership. 

Whilst it is possible that UNLV will never be a basketball power again it at least has a chance in the round ball area. I for one would like to see them recover some of there past glory in the sport. PH unfortunately is either a troll or requires help from a good and well meaning psychologist.

The future of college sports in Nevada may be in the northern part of the state. 

I see my psychologist every Friday.

LOL Here is the new BYU coach from Utah Valley

Couple interesting tidbits.. He said at the :44 second park that before taking BYU he was in conversations about another job (Nevada?) and that Gonzaga is overrated (at 2:33).. He seems to be a bit of a cheese d!ck.

It's going to be interesting because Dave Rose had chops and cred that this guy should aspire to. It'll be something to watch.

I don't think he was dominating Jans or Majerle in the WAC, so going at Few seems to be attacking a battle ship with a dinghy.

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The fact that UNLV didn’t get #1 is surprising to me.

Why? The constant administrative mismanagement makes the prospect of coaching at UNLV a dubious proposition for a lot of coaches.  Combine that with the apathy or outright disdain of fans and the problem is only exacerbated further. SDSU seems like a pretty kush job compared to that. 

10 minutes ago, TheJackel said:

Why? The constant administrative mismanagement makes the prospect of coaching at UNLV a dubious proposition for a lot of coaches.  Combine that with the apathy or outright disdain of fans and the problem is only exacerbated further. SDSU seems like a pretty kush job compared to that. 

UNLV has the highest ceiling as we have produced the most pros.

10 hours ago, toonkee said:

The knock: “They don’t charter as much as many of the teams in the league, and it’s a fickle fan base. It’s a tougher job than people think – and Reno as a city doesn’t exactly have a lot of curb appeal.” – Mountain West assistant coach

angry full house GIF

I agree on the fickle fanbase. Most people that live here are transplants, they don't care. Same story for Vegas. For the size of that city you'd figure they'd fill a stadium every weekend.

Curb appeal is subjective. Meh. 

2 hours ago, Balzac said:

LOL Here is the new BYU coach from Utah Valley

Couple interesting tidbits.. He said at the :44 second park that before taking BYU he was in conversations about another job (Nevada?) and that Gonzaga is overrated (at 2:33).. He seems to be a bit of a cheese d!ck.

It's going to be interesting because Dave Rose had chops and cred that this guy should aspire to. It'll be something to watch.

I don't think he was dominating Jans or Majerle in the WAC, so going at Few seems to be attacking a battle ship with a dinghy.

I took my car in for brakes and shocks this morning.

I am left handed

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

LMAO...hilarious. Poor USU is only better than AFA and SJSU.

They lost me at The Spectrum being the 5th best game atmosphere but then included quotes about the biggest and best student section in the conference.

Guess we'll just have to settle for:

• #1 - Conference Champs
  • #1 - Conference Tourney Champs
  • #1 - 2019-2020 recruiting class
  • #1 - most NCAA Tourney appearances in MWC

Must be a horrid job.

/triggered :foottap:

10 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

LMAO...hilarious. Poor USU is only better than AFA and SJSU.

They lost me at The Spectrum being the 5th best game atmosphere but then included quotes about the biggest and best student section in the conference.

Guess we'll just have to settle for:

• #1 - Conference Champs
  • #1 - Conference Tourney Champs
  • #1 - 2019-2020 recruiting class
  • #1 - most NCAA Tourney appearances in MWC

Must be a horrid job.

/triggered :foottap:

So, the one appearance as a MWC member qualifies as the most? And co champs as well. If you're going to be triggered, be correct with your complaints. Otherwise I understand your pain

Outside of Boise in football, everybody in the MW is mediocre or worse. Every school is one bad coach away from finishing last in FB. Just look at Fresno, one of the strongest FB traditions in the MW. Finished Dead last with a bad coach, they bring in a new coach and they are on top. SJSU, UNLV, WYO, UNM, UNR, CSU, AFA and Utah state rarely move the national needle in the major sports and when they do it is often short lived. Face it for good or for bad the MW belongs together.

3 minutes ago, SF-SJSU02 said:

Outside of Boise in football, everybody in the MW is mediocre or worse. Every school is one bad coach away from finishing last in FB. Just look at Fresno, one of the strongest FB traditions in the MW. Finished Dead last with a bad coach, they bring in a new coach and they are on top. SJSU, UNLV, WYO, UNM, UNR, CSU, AFA and Utah state rarely move the national needle in the major sports and when they do it is often short lived. Face it for good or for bad the MW belongs together.

Nah, Sharta is a disgrace. GTFO!