Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Best BBall Coaching Jobs in MW

10 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I won't try to defend CSU-San Jose as a member of the Mtn West Conf.

However, your statement is mighty rich given the state of Southern Nevada f'ball. You are aware that's the sport that drives the bus in this conf ¿no?

15 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You gotta feel for Dave Rose.

When he had BYU in the league, it was perennially 1-2 finishes and NCAAs. His teams were the bloom on the MWC rose.

Moving to the WCC derailed what was on course to be a great career.

He became an NIT coach, losing out to the Zags and St Marys.

Its not easy to coach in 1 Bid conferences.

The dude retired frustrated.

The next guy wont be as good as him.

giphy.gif

Didn't AFA beat vegas in their "premier" sport?  

Vegas fans shouldn't be suggesting booting anyone out of the conference.  Vegas should be in the Big West where they belong.  They are unable to carry their own weight in this conference.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Didn't AFA beat vegas in their "premier" sport?  

Vegas fans shouldn't be suggesting booting anyone out of the conference.  Vegas should be in the Big West where they belong.  They are unable to carry their own weight in this conference.  

Big west is a real possibility for Vegas. There’s already rumblings in Vegas about dropping football. I think there’s only like 8 programs with a worse all time record. When playing in raiders stadium flops the talk is only gonna intensify.  It would be a win win. Mw gets rid of a below average hoops program and a horrible football program. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

Big west is a real possibility for Vegas. There’s already rumblings in Vegas about dropping football. I think there’s only like 8 programs with a worse all time record. When playing in raiders stadium flops the talk is only gonna intensify.  It’s would be a win win. Mw gets rid of a below average hoops program and a horrible football program. 

I think they'd be better off dropping FB altogether than moving it to FCS.

Let them focus on basketball.  They seem to think they are some sort of sleeping giant in that sport.  Let them prove it at a level where they are able to compete. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think they'd be better off dropping FB altogether than moving it to FCS.

Let them focus on basketball.  They seem to think they are some sort of sleeping giant in that sport.  Let them prove it at a level where they are able to compete. 

They would drop football. Waste of money for Vegas. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Air Force - which turned away from discussions to join the Big 12.  They rejected the Big 12. 

Yes, really. In 2011.  Where were the UNLV discussions?

"We were approached by the Big 12, and I told them we're not a good fit for that conference. In the Big 12, geography makes sense, the economics make sense, but recruiting makes no sense for us. I can't recruit against Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State," [Air Force athletic director Hans] Mueh said.

"That's why I turned down the Big 12. I can't do that to my kids, because they'll get beat up. I'd love the extra $12 million or whatever it would be per year from the TV money. And I know how I'd spend the money. I'd build a new soccer stadium, and I'd build a new baseball facility, all in one year. But I can't do that."

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Nothing really shocking there.  I think they got the rankings right. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Nothing really shocking there.  I think they got the rankings right. 

Is SDSU the "flagship" bball program of the MW?

The knock: “They don’t charter as much as many of the teams in the league, and it’s a fickle fan base. It’s a tougher job than people think – and Reno as a city doesn’t exactly have a lot of curb appeal.” – Mountain West assistant coach

angry full house GIF

20 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The knock: “They don’t charter as much as many of the teams in the league, and it’s a fickle fan base. It’s a tougher job than people think – and Reno as a city doesn’t exactly have a lot of curb appeal.” – Mountain West assistant coach

angry full house GIF

Probably a Vegas coach that said that.  :foottap: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, toonkee said:

It was Noodles.

Probably.  As he is buying a house in Reno. 

Larry Eustacy needs to take over at SJSU. He can drink Natty Light with the co-eds and take little sparty to the Elite Eight like the old days...

mem skyline sig.jpeg