Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OT: Running 2019 MLB Highlights Thread

18 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

Gs could trade Bumgarner and Will Smith in a package and they’d get a hell of a good return...

Bumgarner is starting to show signs of wear and isn’t as good as he used to be. I would be careful to not offer too much for him. 

On 6/7/2019 at 12:17 AM, Joe from WY said:

They absolutely do. The 5th Starter position is a black hole. They could also make a play for Stroman from Toronto. There's a history of deals recently between the two clubs. 

Hard to say what they'd give up. But MadBum is nails in the postseason. 

The last few years the Astros have been trading for guys still under club control so Stroman is their kinda guy. He’d cost some top prospects for sure.

Yordan Álvarez got the call up today and hit a bomb in his first game. The DH has been a black a hole for us so hopefully he can fix that. 

For those who didn't catch it last week, Chris Sale became the first pitcher since Lefty Grove in the 20s to throw two immaculate innings in a season.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

21 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Bumgarner is starting to show signs of wear and isn’t as good as he used to be. I would be careful to not offer too much for him. 

He's been worked to death enough, that's for sure.

Dude's having a better year, numbers-wise (not wins-wise) than in several seasons before. I really think that whole dirtbike thing did a lot more damage than anyone really knows. 

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

For those who didn't catch it last week, Chris Sale became the first pitcher since Lefty Grove in the 20s to throw two immaculate innings in a season.

Strange team this year. On paper, they have all of the tools you'd need to be successful again...other than their bullpen of course, but they just can't get it together. 

23 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Dodgers are just coasting through the west right now and will probably clinch it in August. Their pitching is solid but not great. They have five good starters with two more in the bull pen. With Kershaw declining they could use another ace plus a good setup man in the bull pen. Rye is carrying the load now. Another good right handed bat would help too when the playoffs start. Bellinger is starting to cool off as Seager gets hot. 

Dodgers do have some free agents on the pitching staff after this year, and did read the other day Dodgers are shopping for some pitching help right now which is the case every year it seems with teams. But did post earlier about Houston, Minnesota and Dodgers all having double digit leads in their division and how this would affect them as the year goes on. A team coasting for an extended time I think is worse for that team than if they are in a race. It could be very well that Houston and Dodgers could be looking at the same pitchers.

4 hours ago, 406WarriorFan said:

I still wouldn't sleep on Cleveland gearing up from now until the end of the season. They just took back-to-back series from the Skankees and the Twins. 

I wouldn't sleep on anyone at this point, because I have many collapses from teams in baseball races. But Cleveland is still double digits behind Minnesota right now. With about a month before the break, I would say the goal for Cleveland and the other teams trailing in their divisions is to get that margin down to around 4-7 games before the break because then can have a jumping off point for the second half. Being double digits behind after the break, many things have to go your way to catch up. 

I'm not sure if this belongs here, the college baseball thread or deserves its own thread.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/baseball/story/_/id/26708441/ranking-ultimate-all-star-lineups-ncaa-baseball-history

It's the best NCAA all-star lineups, based on their  MLB career wins above replacements

With yesterday's 4-run, 9th comeback 14-13 win, the Padres-Rockies finished what was a historic series at Coors Field. Consider: 

- The 92 runs scored were the most in MLB history for a 4-game series, surpassing the 88 runs scored by the Dodgers-Phillies in 1929

-The 131 hits accrued by both were the 2nd-most ever in a 4-game series

- Hunter Renfroe became only the second player in MLB history and the first since Lou Gherig in 1928 to hit 5 HRs in a 4-game series.

- Charlie Blackmon's 15 hits were the most by a single player in a series in the modern era

- Yesterday in the series finale, the Padres became just the 2nd team in 90 years to win a game when their starting pitcher gave up 9 runs in the first two innings

- For the first time in franchise history, the Padres completed two multi-run 9th inning comebacks in three days

- The 44 runs scored by the Padres were the most ever in franchise history for a singe series 

- The 48 runs scored by the Rockies were the most the Padres ever gave up in a single series

ESPN article on the series.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

With yesterday's 4-run, 9th comeback 14-13 win, the Padres-Rockies finished what was a historic series at Coors Field. Consider: 

- The 92 runs scored were the most in MLB history for a 4-game series, surpassing the 88 runs scored by the Dodgers-Phillies in 1929

-The 131 hits accrued by both were the 2nd-most ever in a 4-game series

- Hunter Renfroe became only the second player in MLB history and the first since Lou Gherig in 1928 to hit 5 HRs in a 4-game series.

- Charlie Blackmon's 15 hits were the most by a single player in a series in the modern era

- Yesterday in the series finale, the Padres became just the 2nd team in 90 years to win a game when their starting pitcher gave up 9 runs in the first two innings

- For the first time in franchise history, the Padres completed two multi-run 9th inning comebacks in three days

- The 44 runs scored by the Padres were the most ever in franchise history for a singe series 

- The 48 runs scored by the Rockies were the most the Padres ever gave up in a single series

ESPN article on the series.

Is Fernando Tatis legit? Dude's been on a tear lately. 

Just now, 406WarriorFan said:

Is Fernando Tatis legit? Dude's been on a tear lately. 

Considered to be the #2 prospect in all of baseball going into this season. The kid's a phenom. He was the youngest player to play in an opening day game in the last 20 years (he just turned 20 a few months ago), and was leading the Padres in every offensive category before he strained his hammy and spent over a month on the DIL. On the defensive side, he reminds me of the Oz.

He's more-or-less been on a tear since coming off the DIL, but going 10-19 in the series in Colorado with a trio of triples and a pair of doubles was f*cking nuts.

My co-workers boyfriend over the years has had a goal to visit every MLB baseball stadium in the country. If i remember correctly he has five stadiums left to visit and they are going next month to knock one of those off his list in Cleveland.

17 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

My co-workers boyfriend over the years has had a goal to visit every MLB baseball stadium in the country. If i remember correctly he has five stadiums left to visit and they are going next month to knock one of those off his list in Cleveland.

Did you hear the one about the two priests who went to the ballpark? In every MLB city?

The set-up sounds like a bad joke, but it's legit.